2021 MLB Season Discussion

For the A

Cardinals have a press conference tomorrow to announce Oli Marmol as the new manager. Marmol was Shildt's bench coach. He was a 6th round draft pick of STL in 2007. He only played 3 years in the minors before transitioning into coaching. The move has paid off, hes now the youngest manager in MLB at 35. 

4 hours ago, dmite said:

Has he been in baseball?

No, he hasn't worked in the league since his Fidel Castro comments got him ran out of Miami. This is his first interview in nearly a decade. He's apparently been working as an analyst for NBC Sports Chicago in recent seasons. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

MLB is considering ways to eliminate the opener. I believe one option on the table was if the SP doesn't go 3 innings you forfeit the DH. 

The NL will be getting the DH but if it doesn’t then this will become useless. I would like to see an attempt to stop double mound visits in between batters just to give the pitcher in the bullpen more time. Was thinking on first mound visit pitcher needs to be replaced or face the batter coming up. 

On 10/29/2021 at 12:26 PM, Unknøwn said:

MLB is considering ways to eliminate the opener. I believe one option on the table was if the SP doesn't go 3 innings you forfeit the DH. 

On 10/31/2021 at 12:41 AM, dmite said:

I’m not sure why MLB cares about it?

Well you see a bunch of national writers thinks its a HUGE PROBLEM, so...