Jump to content

2021 MLB Season Discussion


Recommended Posts

Dodgers beat the Padres 2-0. Mookie Betts with an amazing catch to end the game. I said during the winter that despite all the Padres big time spending and trades that they still weren't on the Dodgers level and sadly that's exactly the way this series is turning out. The Padres just are quite there yet. Maybe they will be come October, but not there yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact that he initially called strike 3 should have been a big f'ing clue.

Game just finished and the Tigers beat the Indians 5-2. Julio gets the win in his Tigers debut. Congrats Julio.

11 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Dodgers beat the Padres 2-0. Mookie Betts with an amazing catch to end the game. I said during the winter that despite all the Padres big time spending and trades that they still weren't on the Dodgers level and sadly that's exactly the way this series is turning out. The Padres just are quite there yet. Maybe they will be come October, but not there yet.

Dodgers on pace to go 140-22. Regardless of how realistic that is they are off to the best start in MLB history for a defending champion. Its hard to see anyone that can take them down in October right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Dodgers on pace to go 140-22. Regardless of how realistic that is they are off to the best start in MLB history for a defending champion. Its hard to see anyone that can take them down in October right now. 

Sure as **** won’t be the Braves, as they are at the moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Jay Bruce announced his retirement this morning

 

If you're wondering the Braves drafted Joey Devine in the 1st round that year at #27.

That was the year the Braves were so desperate for bullpen help that they drafted Devine and by August he was in the majors. It didn't work out well. But he had a really good year or two with the A's before arm problems ended his career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That was the year the Braves were so desperate for bullpen help that they drafted Devine and by August he was in the majors. It didn't work out well. But he had a really good year or two with the A's before arm problems ended his career.

My most vivid memories of Devine was his struggles in the NLDS that year. Not his fault, its difficult when you thrust a rookie with barely any experience out of college into the biggest stage the sport offers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

My most vivid memories of Devine was his struggles in the NLDS that year. Not his fault, its difficult when you thrust a rookie with barely any experience out of college into the biggest stage the sport offers.

Everyone remembers him giving up the homerun to Chris Burke but that would have never happened had Kyle Farnsworth not gave up the grand slam to Brad Ausmus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

My most vivid memories of Devine was his struggles in the NLDS that year. Not his fault, its difficult when you thrust a rookie with barely any experience out of college into the biggest stage the sport offers.

Yeah, we never should have put him in that position. We did him a grave disservice. It's to his credit that he had some good seasons after getting punched in the mouth that hard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jidady said:

Yeah, we never should have put him in that position. We did him a grave disservice. It's too his credit that he had some good seasons after getting punched in the mouth that hard.

He finally figured things out in Oakland but then had two TJ surgeries. He ended up only throwing a little over 200 innings in his entire MLB and minor league career. Such a shame. I know he tried coaching as a GA at NC State but I think that was even short lived. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...