2021 MLB Season Discussion

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact that he initially called strike 3 should have been a big f'ing clue.

Game just finished and the Tigers beat the Indians 5-2. Julio gets the win in his Tigers debut. Congrats Julio.

1 hour ago, brdu4 said:

Mets/Nats opening day game is postponed due to COVID 

Not trying to be an a$$hole, but can we keep all the covid related news in the covid thread? I appreciate you creating an MLB regular season thread though and I just don't want this thread to eventually get locked/deleted if discussion turns south like many other covid related threads have. So if we keep it all contained to a separate thread then if it gets locked/deleted it's no biggy.

Homerun Miggy Cabrera!!! Right through the snow for a 2 run homerun off Shane Bieber!! It's 2-0 Tigers in the 1st inning.

In New York the Jays get 3 straight singles off Gerrit Cole to start the 2nd inning and it's 1-0 Jays over the Yankees in the 2nd.
34 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Not trying to be an a$$hole, but can we keep all the covid related news in the covid thread? I appreciate you creating an MLB regular season thread though and I just don't want this thread to eventually get locked/deleted if discussion turns south like many other covid related threads have. So if we keep it all contained to a separate thread then if it gets locked/deleted it's no biggy.

Will do next time. 

Just heard a crazy stat. Shane Bieber (1.63 ERA) is facing Matthew Boyd (6.71 ERA) on Opening Day. It's the largest ERA gap between opposing opening day starters since 1995 when Greg Maddux (1.56 ERA) faced Terry Mulholland (6.49 ERA). Braves beat the Giants 12-5.

Mike Trout RBI single off Aaron Bummer ties the game at 3 with nobody out in the 8th. Terrible luck for Bummer this inning. He gave up an infield hit, then a fielder's choice in which the Sox didn't record an out, then a passed ball and now a Trout single ties it. Crazy.