McShay has us taking Pitts...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31165378/nfl-mock-draft-2021-todd-mcshay-predictions-all-64-picks-rounds-1-2-plus-where-seven-qbs-land

1 - Lawrence

2 - Wilson

3 - Mac Jones

4 - Pitts

5 - Chase

6 - Smith Carolina and Detroit flip picks

7 - Carolina takes Lance

8 - Detroit takes Waddle

9 - Surtain

10 - Horn

11 - Pats trade with Giants for Fields

12 - Parsons

1 minute ago, Doug Carlton said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31165378/nfl-mock-draft-2021-todd-mcshay-predictions-all-64-picks-rounds-1-2-plus-where-seven-qbs-land

1 - Lawrence

2 - Wilson

3 - Mac Jones

4 - Pitts

5 - Chase

6 - Smith Carolina and Detroit flip picks

7 - Carolina takes Lance

8 - Detroit takes Waddle

9 - Surtain

10 - Horn

11 - Pats trade with Giants for Fields

12 - Parsons

I ain't mad at it. I'll promptly get me a Pitts jersey and hope he can be for us what Kelce, Little and Waller are. 

10 minutes ago, hollywood said:

I guess that's a Lance dig?🤷

Not only SEC but Kipers highest rated TE. Ever.   Bona fide freak for sure.  

One. of. the guys I like. 

No, it just seems that unless the player is from Alabama (and is a WR) or LSU (and is either an LB or a CB) we do not historically draft SEC players....not sure why.

If we stay at 4 and don't take a QB (which I don't think we will, given BPA), Pitts, Chase or Sewell all make sense.  The question is who TF and AS think will improve the team most and/or fastest.  Honestly, I hope they go with "most."  If any of the 3 is better year 2 than the others would be in year 1, that's the guy you take I think.

For me that's Pitts, but I can see an argument for Chase or Sewell too.  And I'd listen to arguments about Surtain and Slater too.

49 minutes ago, hollywood said:

I ain't mad at it. I'll promptly get me a Pitts jersey and hope he can be for us what Kelce, Little and Waller are. 

He's not that kind of tight end. He's a glorified wide receiver, is not a blocker. He's not a complete tight end. He may be all world at catching the ball. But he's not ever going to be a kittle or Kelsey. That's not what he and that's why I don't think it's a good idea to pickand that's why I don't think it's a good idea to draft a one  trick pony in the top five

25 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Ohhh good point.

I actually think it goes Lawrence, Wilson, Fields. No clue who we take.

I don't really see how it can't be Mac Jones at this point. You think KS flew up down to watch Mac's proday as a smoke screen? He decided to waste a bunch of Mac's time when there's basically no chance anybody can move in front of him. 

I gotta think there's a level of professionalism that prohibits that. It'd be a bad look and might burn relationships at Alabama. 

Just now, SavedByGrace1221 said:

He's not that kind of tight end. He's a glorified wide receiver, is not a blocker. He's not a complete tight end. He may be all world at catching the ball. But he's not ever going to be a kittle or Kelsey. That's not what he and that's why I don't think it's a good idea to pickand that's why I don't think it's a good idea to draft a one  trick pony in the top five

Wow you are vastly misinformed. Thankfully you’re not in charge of the decision making. 

Just now, PuppyMonster said:

I don't really see how it can't be Mac Jones at this point. You think KS flew up down to watch Mac's proday as a smoke screen? He decided to waste a bunch of Mac's time when there's basically no chance anybody can move in front of him. 

I gotta think there's a level of professionalism that prohibits that. It'd be a bad look and might burn relationships at Alabama. 

It would take a lot I think to pull them off Jones if that's who they're after.

I'm not saying it would burn relationships, but I think it certainly wouldn't help to float information that you're taking their guy, get access to discuss the player based on that purported interest, and then go another direction.  Unless it's a situation where they go to Fields' second pro day and are wowed, or just draft Lance saying he was the better prospect after review, I think it's likely they take Jones.

I'm not convinced that's the right call, but I do trust Shanahan's eyes when it comes to QBs to run his system.  He's a rare coach who can identify exactly what type of player fits his system.

2 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

LOL...McShay had us going QB last version of his mock draft and the consensus is he didn't not know ****. Now, he has the board favorite and he is all-knowing. 

Yepper! That’s how it works around these parts!! :lol:

But seriously, I think most here already liked Pitts or Sewell at four so it was more of McShay falling into line than anything else.