Arthur Smith Met With Kyle Pitts Twice

I’ve been on the Pitts at 4 bandwagon for weeks now. Let’s make it happen.

Imagine this 20 year old phenom learning from one of the goats. Julio would be invaluable for Pitts to learn how to be a pro. Calvin is 26 and has been successful as well. Julio had Roddy & Tony G to learn from. Pitts would have Julio & Ridley. 

1 minute ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Dont think he lasts after that workout. He's either your guy at 4 or you let QB hungry or star hungry team jump 

I agree with this. The difference in talent between the top tackles and wide receiver isn’t so great as to justify not taking a trade down to 8-9. If the front office want pitts the fall off to second best te is quite considerable so taking the risk on a trade down is just too great

I’m all for Pitts but it also means saying goodbye to Najee and Javonte, that would almost seal up our need to get a safety with our second rounder,. I just can’t see this defense going with a third or fourth round rookie starter. Then again what do I know about who’ll be good to start right out the gate. Unless Holland or Grant were available in round three.

I was sold on Sewell or Slater but the mismatches Pitts would provide would be worth passing on OL.

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

They should have met Chase, Sewell and Surtain couple of times. I would say go ahead meet all top 15 prospects. You never know how draft board shapes on that day with or with out trades.

Also, Fontenot said something when they went to Lawrence's pro day that was huge to me.  He said you never know where these guys are going to be in 4-5 years.

If we like Pitts, even if we don't draft him, it makes sense to get to know him and form that relationship.  You might need it in free agency in 2024 or so.  Same goes for every one of the QBs, Chase, Sewell, Slater, Surtain..........get to know them all.  You are probably picking one of them this season, and you might want some of the others in a few years when they move on from the teams that draft them.

1 hour ago, Cheyakita said:

I’m all for Pitts but it also means saying goodbye to Najee and Javonte, that would almost seal up our need to get a safety with our second rounder,. I just can’t see this defense going with a third or fourth round rookie starter. Then again what do I know about who’ll be good to start right out the gate. Unless Holland or Grant were available in round three.

I was sold on Sewell or Slater but the mismatches Pitts would provide would be worth passing on OL.

you're right and that's fine. this is a stacked RB class. every sim i've done has us taking safety with our #2 pick and a couple rb's in later rounds.

holland, grant, moehrig, even nasirildeen might be able to start out of the gate but they might not make it to the 3rd. on the other hand, sermon, carter, hubbard, stevenson, gainwell, hill, felton, will all be available after that and could all stud out in smith's offense.

3 hours ago, shock said:

I’ve been on the Pitts at 4 bandwagon for weeks now. Let’s make it happen.

Imagine this 20 year old phenom learning from one of the goats. Julio would be invaluable for Pitts to learn how to be a pro. Calvin is 26 and has been successful as well. Julio had Roddy & Tony G to learn from. Pitts would have Julio & Ridley. 

Can you imagine what AS could do with Pitts. AS scheming this TE/WR in our offense, mentoring from his vet team mates on our offense. This could really get us back to success fast.

Also, for everyone saying "Falcons already have too much offense". Well, Julio has played what 60% of the overall snaps the last couple of years? The other 40% of the snaps we feature Ridley and.... yea, not much else of significance. Adding Pitts not only gives us the most stacked offensive roster in the league when everyone is healthy, it allows us to have two elite guys out there to draw coverage from one another when (not if) Julio misses a game or sits out for a snap. 

2 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

I like Pitts at 4 but if we can get Denver to trade with us and give up Simmons and next year’s 1st, even I would let Pitts slip away.

Not for nothing, Ridley being an older rookie, having his succession plan tied up early could be helpful too 🤔

I’ll probably love this pick during gameday but I’m still not sold all the way. But I’m trusting TF until he gives me a reason not to.