Kyle Pitts: The Falcons will draft the future Hall of Famer in 2021

There should be no doubt that the Atlanta Falcons will make Kyle Pitts the highest-drafted tight end ever in NFL History.

Of course, this nothing but conjecture as the Atlanta Falcons have not provided any clues or indication of which way they are leaning but given their draft spot, those that will come off the board first, and the absolute monster that is Kyle Pitts, the franchise has to go in this direction.

Getting caught up in Pro Days is for fans. The NFL general managers and coaches that do it, aren’t in their positions long. However, not only did Pitts put on a show during the Florida Gator Pro Day, but he has backed it up on the field.

In just 24 college football games, he had 100 receptions for almost 1,500 yards and 18 touchdowns -12 of those came in 2020 despite only playing in eight games this season.

As the NFL has developed into a passing league, tight ends have become more and more important and while the Atlanta Falcons have a talented tight end in Hayden Hurst, Kyle Pitts has Hall of Fame potential and is a guy that Terry Fontenot will look back on and be thankful he drafted him or have years of regret like Thomas Dimitroff had after passing on Clay Matthews III in 2009.

Kyle Pitts is a perfect match for what Arthur Smith will want to do with his offense.

When you look at the pros and cons of what Pitts brings to the table, he is an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses. At 6-foot-6 and 245 pounds and running a 4.4 40 at the Florida Pro Day, he has a lot of characteristics you cannot coach or teach.

Here are a few of the things that Charlie Campbell at Walter Football had to say about Pitts –

• Excellent route-runner
  • Burst out of his breaks
  • Change-of-direction skills
  • Extremely athletic, agile
  • Good run-after-the-catch skills
  • Rare and tremendous red-zone weapon
  • Elite 50-50 pass receiver
  • Never truly covered

And the list of his pros goes on and on and on.

The lone con that Campbell listed for Kyle Pitts – he isn’t a good blocker, which works out quite well for Arthur Smith and the Atlanta Falcons since they recently signed blocking tight end, Lee Smith.

Adding Pitts to the Atlanta Falcons offense allows him to pair with Hayden Hurst. If you are unfamiliar with what an offense can do with two athletic and elite receiving tight ends, go watch some Patriots film from 2010-2012 when they had both Gronk and Aaron Hernandez.

Those three years, the Patriots with Tom Brady, Gronk, and Aaron Hernandez averaged 32, 32, and 34 points per game. There would be no reason that Matt Ryan, Hayden Hurst, Kyle Pitts, Julio Jones, and Calvin Ridley with a competent play caller like Smith would not lead the league in points scored.

Kyle Pitts doesn’t just have superstar potential, he has Hall of Fame potential, which is something the Atlanta Falcons cannot afford to pass up.

https://bloggingdirty.com/2021/03/31/atlanta-falcons-kyle-pitts/?fbclid=IwAR0kkWTxrjtrIGQpj9v0x7GNAz7mUONoO5FpcnVjJEMXQGvL1Y-9HLA51hM

14 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Bring’em home! If we stay at 4, Pitts is my guy. 

a true game changer, utterly lethal in the red zone. And we know quality pocket QBs love their TEs. 

This is where I am.  I really hope they trade down, however if we are stuck picking at 4 I’d lean towards him as well.  The other positions at strength of this draft (QB, OT & WR) aren’t helping us this year or likely next much at all.  Only exception would be kicking Slater into guard until Jake moves on but #4 is too early for him.  Although I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we look back five years from now and he turns out to be the better player.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

We just gonna ignore the fact that Billy Cannon was drafted #1 overall in 1960?  The nerve...

Billy Cannon was drafted as a running back and played his first several years in the NFL as a running back. He nearly had 1000 yards rushing for the Oilers in 1961. The Raiders then moved him to tight end.

3 hours ago, gazoo said:

Bring’em home! If we stay at 4, Pitts is my guy. 

a true game changer, utterly lethal in the red zone. And we know quality pocket QBs love their TEs. 

He's the only non QB force multiplier in the draft. There are nice wr options but none have the potential to completely open up the playbook. 

The whole not very good inline is an ignorant comment. They said Julio couldn't catch coming out. When there are no glaring holes in a prospects game they tend to invent them.

I mean 1 out of 5 receptions was a TD. Its difficult to imagine a better red zone target. He will do more for us than Jimmy Graham did for the Saints the years he was there.

Pitts is where I’m leaning towards to, though I’m not opposed chase Sewell or trading down. A lot of good options where we sit in the draft as long as we aren’t drafting qb out of panic (if lance or fields is Arthur guy then okay but right now that pick just reeks of desperation to me)

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Billy Cannon was drafted as a running back and played his first several years in the NFL as a running back. He nearly had 1000 yards rushing for the Oilers in 1961. The Raiders then moved him to tight end.

Lol.  I just looked it up and had him listed as tight end so I figured I’d be that guy.  I’d never even heard of him.

I know we really need a pass rusher, but none of the talent in this year's draft is worth taking a shot at with pick #4. If we traded down, I wouldn't mind looking at Paye from Michigan or one of the edge rushers from Miami. It's rare that we have such a high draft pick and I really want to hit this one out of the park. On that note, I think Pitts should be that player.

I hope we trade back and get more picks. 

if we keep the pick I hope it is Pitts, Chase or Sewell in that order. 

Then I hope we draft an Etienne, Harris, or a NC Duo type running back next who can run, block at least a little and catch out of the backfield. 

Spend every pick after that on defense (except for one on a QB) and trust Pees to coach these guys up. 

Imagine being a defensive coordinator and having to try and match up against a passing game with Jones, Ridley, Gage, Pitts, Hurst and a running game with a serious dual threat running back. There will be mismatches we can exploit on every play and I think Smith is smart enough to figure out how to maximize those mismatches. 

Did I mention that I truly do hope we trade back and stockpile as many picks as possible? That’s what I really hope happens. 

24 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Sewell is my pick at 4. Some of you still haven’t learned the basics of building a team. Line of scrimmage.

Agree with the trenches generally.

But do you think Sewell is a safe bet?  He seems huge boom or bust to me.  And at OL, it's a lot more important to be consistently good, than to have sporadic great plays.

I wish there were a great DL this year, that would be the obvious pick.

2 hours ago, takeitdown said:

Agree with the trenches generally.

But do you think Sewell is a safe bet?  He seems huge boom or bust to me.  And at OL, it's a lot more important to be consistently good, than to have sporadic great plays.

I wish there were a great DL this year, that would be the obvious pick.

I’m completely sold on Sewell. Some probably aren’t but I think he will be the second best player drafted in the top 10 with Lawrence being first. He won the Outland award at 19 years old. Wish he wouldn’t have opted out. And I too wish a DL was worth the pick at 4

I've been slowly warming up to the idea of taking Pitts at 4. The thing that encourages me this most is Matt Ryan had his best years when he spread the ball around to multiple targets instead of focusing in on Julio. The fact that L Tololio was constantly sneaking out for long passes has me drooling over the idea of Pitts/Hayden playing that role and are both far far superior than Levine ever was.  Using presnap motion and two TE's that can split out wide or use long end speed to break the seam will not just benefit them but also Julio/Ridley/Gage. Add in a better run game to hold the safeties for an extra second and these guys will run wild.

Still prefer a trade down to load up on picks — but Pitts would be my pick if staying at four.