How would any QB be better than Pitts??

Snowen

I can't believe the amount of people thinking the 4th best QB of the draft is worth #4, but Pitts isn't? A once in a decade consistent talent vs the 4th qb who is going to sit on the bench for 2-3 years? Wow.

People are comparing strict yards to previous TEs drafted in the late 20s, but think about this: Pitts is a special catcher. He had zero drops last year if I recall. He is Tony G with speed. I wouldn't even care if he only gets 100 yards the whole season, because with his hands, it would probably be 100 catches for one yard in third down situations. There was major struggling in the end zone and third downs past few years, Pitts solves that problem.

Even better, if somehow Matt does go downhill next year (won't happen), we draft a young QB in 2022 (if we suck again with Ryan like you guys all hope, we'll be top 5 again, right?) who comes into a system with two safety blankets in Ridley and Pitts around him. Great support for a young guy when the time comes in (my guess) 2026.

The only options for the Falcons this draft is Pitts at 4, or trade back slightly to Denver or someone for a future 1/2/3 and hope one of Pitts/Penei/Surtain/Parsons somehow makes it there. Taking a QB will set the franchise back many years of sitting on the bench and wasting Ryan and Julio's last few chances without new talent to help for 2021. Does anyone really think any of these QB, even Lawrence, would be better than Ryan in the next three years? Watch some **** football instead of listening to mock drafts "professionals" for once, this is an easy choice for TF to make outside of the potential for a trading partner to capitalize huge for the future.

Pitts just helps make Ryan better or give him an additional weapon. Matt has very been pushed or had competition. Thats why Brady,Rodgers and Mahomes are great. They all came in behind a vet and had to learn and grind it out. Once the became the starter, they never looked back. Pitts is talented, but im telling people now, these QB classes down the line are 🗑️... if your name isn't Sam Howell or DJ Ugaeilala(Clemson and Im sure i spelled it wrong) then I dont want them replacing Matt. He is a HOF 

8 hours ago, celtiksage said:

I stopped reading at 4th best QB. First of all, no one knows if the 4th QB selected won't end up being the best of the four. Presumably, The team that picks him thinks so.

If he's lighting up the league 5 years from now and winning games and SBs, then I'd take him over Pitts.

No one really knows how this draft class will perform.  We won't have a good fix on that subject for another three years.  

If our FO really likes the QB that falls into their laps, they should draft him, let him sit for a season and then trade/release Ryan in whichever manner bets suits the cap.  

However, if the FO is not really jazzed up by the QB that falls to #4, they should either trade back for a bevy of assets, or simply draft the BPA this particular draft class offers.  I happen to think that prospect is Pitts, but other eyes may see Sewell as that guy......and I respect those opinions.  

We are in a rebuild, like it or not.  The previous administration had their shot and blew it.  It is time to realize that this team will not be championship-caliber next season.......so let's take the necessary steps to build anew and hopefully better.  

For me this is a loaded question as well simply don't know.  In five years, all of these kids could be working at Walmart.  Injuries, failure to adapt to the pros, bad team situation, wrong player wrong team.  It boils down to their risk assessment and have the ability to live with it   To me Pitts might have the immediate impact.  Perhaps Sewell.  The QBs more than likely aren't starting or need seasoning and won't play this year.  

In the long term, Lawrence might be the best of the bunch.  That's really an opinion, nothing more as my Nostradamus muscle has atrophied.

Potentially locking down the QB position for the foreseeable future >> A gamebreaking Tight End

I like both options (and the trade down option) but Atlanta would be foolish to pass on a QB if they grade him highly. It’s all about positional value and the QB position is the most important position in the sport.  

3 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

For me this is a loaded question as well simply don't know.  In five years, all of these kids could be working at Walmart.  Injuries, failure to adapt to the pros, bad team situation, wrong player wrong team.  It boils down to their risk assessment and have the ability to live with it   To me Pitts might have the immediate impact.  Perhaps Sewell.  The QBs more than likely aren't starting or need seasoning and won't play this year.  

In the long term, Lawrence might be the best of the bunch.  That's really an opinion, nothing more as my Nostradamus muscle has atrophied.

Something else to consider, if they go QB, if we only wanted the best or top 2, why bother drafting a QB (ever) unless you're in the area to draft that QB in the draft. Is the 5th or 6th best QB still top 5 in the league in 3 years. Is he top 10? Is he comparable or better than MR in 3 years? He doesn't have to be the best in a draft class in order to draft him.

He's going to get paid based on his value when it's time to sign him again. If he's 5th best or 15th best, he gets paid like it, and money is used elsewhere.

The “TOO HIGH TO DRAFT A TE!!!” Argument is a dumb one, imo. People will say “Kelce & Kittle were drafted outside of the 1st round!” But this is pure hindsight without going the next step and admit that if you did a redraft those guys would absolutely be drafted at the top of the 1st round. 

Terry Fontenot has been preaching BPA since he first got here. Pitts is in the discussion of being the BPA in this entire draft. 

12 hours ago, celtiksage said:

I stopped reading at 4th best QB. First of all, no one knows if the 4th QB selected won't end up being the best of the four. Presumably, The team that picks him thinks so.

If he's lighting up the league 5 years from now and winning games and SBs, then I'd take him over Pitts.

You think everybody picking the top 4 QB's will think they got the best prospect? That's not true.

12 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Mahomes & Watson 2nd and 3rd Qb taken , Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson 3rd & 5th Qb taken , Herbert 3rd QB taken  ... that 4th best QB thing is trash people value who they value ... 4th best QB in your eyes may be Atl 1st or 2nd for THEIR team ... we trade up for the “2nd” receiver in Julio behind AJ whose really 2nd ?

Totally get what the OP is saying and have to agree. I am not passing on OL1, TE1, or WR1 to take QB4. Yeah everyone will say it depends on a teams board and where they have him ranked...yada yada. All teams have researched and interviewed these players to a degree most of us are not in the know of information wise. To me you don’t pass on the Ferrari to pick up last years Corvette, so why take what most of the league will view as a 4th best player at a position than the guy projected to be number one at his? Contrary to what some believe Ryan is still a very good QB, now if we were trotting Andy Dalton out there I might take that potential chance on the QB.

8 hours ago, Romfal said:

Fact of the matter is TE's have a higher bust rate than QB and QB has a higher impact overall on the game, if we hit on a franchize QB we're set for the next 15 years, if we hit on a very good TE, we just have a very good TE.

And a great O line makes EVERYTHING better, so... that means we go Sewell?