If we stay at #4, who is the safest pick?

38 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Sewell will have an affect on 60 plays a game. Chase and Pitts? Maybe 10.

I think Pitts will definitely affect more plays than that.  He might not touch the ball but he affects our play calling and he affects the defensive personnel when he's on the field.  If they line a db on him and we decide to run the ball, he affected that play.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chase hands down. His 3.98 - 20 yd shuttle sealed the freaking deal For comparison, Julio 4.25, Ridley 4.34

Pitts, Sewell. Chase isnt a bad call either. 

Chase in my opinion.

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Surtain.

For me as well. Alabama players come most pro-ready in terms of understanding pro schemes, running pro practices, pro classrooms...everything about the way Saban runs his program gives his players a pro-ready edge... 

Safest is Chase he is more NFL ready than Pitts or Sewell.  Sewell needs work on balance pretty much every scouting report agrees on that and Pitts is gonna have to expand the route tree playing a flex TE at the NFL level.  Chase is as close to a plug and play starter as it gets for a rookie.  Sitting out this year has really made people forget how fluid he is in every aspect of the game.

Highest upside hard to say all three are uniquely gifted athletes.  They are the type of guys you bring in expecting big time career results.

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

For me as well. Alabama players come most pro-ready in terms of understanding pro schemes, running pro practices, pro classrooms...everything about the way Saban runs his program gives his players a pro-ready edge... 

NFL pedigree aswell it runs in the family his old man like Jarretts old man multiple pro bowls in Surtain Snrs case.

Can’t see any red flags with this guy on or off the field.

You want to talk safe Surtain’s the guy for me.

5 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Honestly, I don't think there is such a thing as a safe pick.  They are all risky due to injury or failure to adapt.  So really, I'm going to cop out and say none.

Injury and what happens when you give a 20 year old millions of dollars are two things that are impossible to predict.

Pitts, Chase or Sewell. 

Pitts and Chase provide the opportunity to move on from Julio and Hurst seamlessly next season. Sewell, if the talent translates, allows you to move on from Jake or slide him to the other side. Not sure what to do about McGary. I still believe in him but he has a ways to go

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Injury and what happens when you give a 20 year old millions of dollars are two things that are impossible to predict.

That's it brother.  The variables cannot all be accounted for.  kidxMoneyxfame/injury+failure to adapt=Manziel.

39 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Pitts, Chase or Sewell. 

Pitts and Chase provide the opportunity to move on from Julio and Hurst seamlessly next season. Sewell, if the talent translates, allows you to move on from Jake or slide him to the other side. Not sure what to do about McGary. I still believe in him but he has a ways to go

I don't think we are moving on from Jake any time soon. If we took sewell he would likely play guard unless mcgary crapped the bed which is possible. I do think pitts is the cost effective answer though, like you said. We could trade julio after this year and let hurst walk for a comp pick and it'd ease the pain of taking a skill position at 4 

40 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I don't think we are moving on from Jake any time soon. If we took sewell he would likely play guard unless mcgary crapped the bed which is possible. I do think pitts is the cost effective answer though, like you said. We could trade julio after this year and let hurst walk for a comp pick and it'd ease the pain of taking a skill position at 4 

Makes all the sense in the world.