Hypothetical: We draft Pitts and Ryan improves.....

What happens if we draft Pitts and Ryan’s numbers actually improve? Does that mean others here will finally admit he has several (5) years or so left to produce at a high enough level we can easily win a Super Bowl with, with his cerebral abilities still sharp as a tack and ability to stand tall in the pocket, read defenses presnap and deliver strikes to his receivers? His physical skills have yet to start declining but even when they do he’s got more years after that to play at a high level.

What people don’t  seem to understand is RYAN has had to completely carry a team on his back since 2016. Poor pass protection, no running game, no defense and poor coaching. This &$#@ is over!  He will at least have a running game and good coaching. Defense may lag but RYAN took us to the Super Bowl in 2016 with the 26th ranked defense.that year he had protection and a running game and won MVP. He can now allow the other players to do more while dissecting defenses with his mental acumen and ability to deliver strikes out of the pocket, deep shots on PA. 

I expect Ryan’s individual numbers to actually improve. Perhaps not as many total yards since he’ll have a RB to take some of those, but overall increases in areas of his game. 

Yes Ryans struggles came last year when he tried to hard to help the team that was struggling. Players and coaches. I mean what is going to impact the team the most this year? A T when we don't need one? A QB that will sit 2 years and still won't out play Ryan? Most likely we would get the most impact out of a Pitts or a Chase. Not sure about anyone o defense.

My post from the first thread, as nothing you've added changes anything on my feelings on the matter:

Regardless of who we draft this year, and what Ryan does next year, I would completely OK taking a QB in any year's draft. Ryan isn't getting any younger, so regardless of all that, there's plenty reason to take one. 

My sticking point is, and always has been, that I want us to take one only if the coaching are sold on him as our future, not because of any feeling that we need one. 

If Ryan is playing poorly, and we take a guy we didn't really like because we felt we needed to, then that's a failure on our FO.

Meanwhile, if Ryan is playing well, and we still take a guy because we're convinced he's our future, then that's fine

and everything in between

36 minutes ago, hjerry said:

My post from the first thread, as nothing you've added changes anything on my feelings on the matter:

Regardless of who we draft this year, and what Ryan does next year, I would completely OK taking a QB in any year's draft. Ryan isn't getting any younger, so regardless of all that, there's plenty reason to take one. 

My sticking point is, and always has been, that I want us to take one only if the coaching are sold on him as our future, not because of any feeling that we need one. 

If Ryan is playing poorly, and we take a guy we didn't really like because we felt we needed to, then that's a failure on our FO.

Meanwhile, if Ryan is playing well, and we still take a guy because we're convinced he's our future, then that's fine

and everything in between

Ive been in agreement that if there is what the front offices feels to be a QB they feel has the attributes to be a legitimate pocket passing QB that is reasonably available or in striking distance at some point starting with this years draft, that we should make the move. 

My sticking point same as yours, reaching for a QB, especially with a precious resource as the 4th pick in the draft is, out of fear or a self imposed sense of urgency.  We still have time at any point over the next few years to make a rational, calibrated move on a QB.

15 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

“Ryan has had no defense😭😭😭😭 now let’s draft him a tight end😏” LOL 

TF has been preaching BPA every time he speaks. He literally said he'll fill holes(needs) in FA and take BPA in the draft. That's what he's done so far. 

They're not gonna reach for a defensive player at four which is exactly what got TD and Quinn in trouble. They kept going for "BPA at a position of need" (TD's words not mine) and reached for several guys in their tenure here. 

If they think Pitts is the best option at four, I truly believe they think taking BPA is the best move to build a team.

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

IOWs, let’s reach for players at the #4 pick in draft! Brilliant!

It's only a reach if the guy you want to draft will still be there the next time you pick. Najee Harris wouldn't even be a reach at 4, though that won't happen. Fans get too caught up on "value" when the only value you get is if the guy is good or not. Lots of defensive guys are good enough to be drafted at 4.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

What happens if we draft Pitts and Ryan’s numbers actually improve? Does that mean others here will finally admit he has several (5) years or so left to produce at a high enough level we can easily win a Super Bowl with, with his cerebral abilities still sharp as a tack and ability to stand tall in the pocket, read defenses presnap and deliver strikes to his receivers? His physical skills have yet to start declining but even when they do he’s got more years after that to play at a high level.

What people don’t  seem to understand is RYAN has had to completely carry a team on his back since 2016. Poor pass protection, no running game, no defense and poor coaching. This &$#@ is over!  He will at least have a running game and good coaching. Defense may lag but RYAN took us to the Super Bowl in 2016 with the 26th ranked defense.that year he had protection and a running game and won MVP. He can now allow the other players to do more while dissecting defenses with his mental acumen and ability to deliver strikes out of the pocket, deep shots on PA. 

I expect Ryan’s individual numbers to actually improve. Perhaps not as many total yards since he’ll have a RB to take some of those, but overall increases in areas of his game. 

Matt Ryan:   "Dear King Arthur - ruler of Flowery Zumunda , kindly send me Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Hayden Hurst and Kyle Pitts immediately." - Read it back to me

Wire Transfer woman reads it back:

Matt Ryan:  "Do you think that's enough?

Elaine Kagan

Just now, g-dawg said:

Matt Ryan:   "Dear King Arthur - ruler of Flowery Zumunda , kindly send me Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Hayden Hurst and Kyle Pitts immediately." - Read it back to me

Elaine Kagan

Do you really think it’s him asking? 

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Dude I love you for this lmao

3 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

It's only a reach if the guy you want to draft will still be there the next time you pick. Najee Harris wouldn't even be a reach at 4, though that won't happen. Fans get too caught up on "value" when the only value you get is if the guy is good or not. Lots of defensive guys are good enough to be drafted at 4.

I've got Najee in my RBs want to draft... But there are many great RBs in the draft as usual ,, But Pitts is a once in a decade TE. You know what I mean.. And there are other really good backs in this draft.. also.. RBs Mitchell 46 tds and Ragas 43 Tds,  both can be gotten in the 6th round and both are very productive big backs..  Great Great value.. 

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Ryan was the best Falcon QB of all time. And I think he did more than most people want to give him credit for. But to sit here and tell me you have not seen his play decline, then I have to say you're in denial. I can't believe you guys want to take a tight end in the top five, and a tight end whi doesn't block.I know most of you guys on here want to build around Ryan and keep going. And that's what y'all think we're going to do. I think it's going to be the latter. I believe AS picks his guy as quarterback in this draft. For the future. and Ryan will still be the QB of this team next year and maybe the next. And time will tell. 

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Elaine Kagan

she looks kinda shady to me, I bet she sneaks one of them fine young men into another room to keep for herself and tells him "they skimped on you"

:lol: