Kyle Pitts Thinks Falcons

13 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Was that 13 personnel one of those sets that often produced a WR or TE all by their lonesome out in wide open, empty space? I kinda liked those. :lol:

It most certainly was, numerous times! Especially Toilolo against Seattle both games in 2016-17

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

Yeah I'm not saying he should be the pick. He's gonna be good though. But so is Surtain, most of these QBs, Chase, Smith etc. It's all up to TF, AS and Pees and the crew. I'm on board with whatever they take. I don't know their plan.

Good post. Most , me included, think we know AS plan .  We  don't .  Again, Good post !!

5 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Good post. Most , me included, think we know AS plan .  We  don't .  Again, Good post !!

Yeah I have no idea what they're going to do. They're so mum and not giving away nothing.

A lot of offensive minded coaches work on stocking the defense. If we did that, and could get a middle of the pack defense quickly, we might could do some damage. Obviously we need a LG and RB, but I wouldn't even care if they picked Jaelan Phillips at 4. If we win, that's all I want to see.

It's going to be fun to watch, and hopefully, very enlightening as we start seeing the wins accumulate. 

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Do y'all think Julio, Calvin, Pitts and Hurst is enough weapons for Matt-lanta?

I sure do!  Then, you can add in Gage and the other WR, whose name escapes me....plus, we might draft a WR somewhere in the draft!

4 hours ago, CTann said:

Used to run it, 13 personnel, A LOT under Shanahan and it was money.

Yep. And back when Brady had two TEs that could catch in Hernandez and Gronk, the Patriots offense was undefensable.  Defenses had no idea what was coming with the lineups and Brady just picked defenses apart.

Bradynalso had a running game though. You can’t just have a ton of receivers and no running game, defenses can still find ways to stop that. 

6 hours ago, Macintez said:

Now you’re starting to think like Arthur Smith...

The possibilities would be endless. You know how many D coordinators we would give headaches to? We could scare the entire league.

It would be heart attacks not headaches. Probably caused by insomnia while trying to prep for us.

4 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Yes sir. Will the OL be good enough to keep Matt-lanta upright long enough to throw to them?

Pitts will be a lb nightmare. Regardless, you're probably going to see an influx of short pass game. Speed routes to get the ball out of Matt's hands quickly.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Those were mostly 12 and 13 personnel, yea. It was usually the 2nd te slipping away unnoticed

5 hours ago, CTann said:

Used to run it, 13 personnel, A LOT under Shanahan and it was money.

We actually ran that play successfully a couple of times this past year. 

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Yep. And back when Brady had two TEs that could catch in Hernandez and Gronk, the Patriots offense was undefensable.  Defenses had no idea what was coming with the lineups and Brady just picked defenses apart.

Bradynalso had a running game though. You can’t just have a ton of receivers and no running game, defenses can still find ways to stop that. 

Yep, that was a staple for them, and I witnessed it first hand in the 2013 game. I remember at least one drive where the Patriots didn’t pass a single time (I might be wrong on that), repetitively pounded the ball all the way down field for a TD, and ate up MINUTES.

I’m curious to know now whether they actually did pass a single time on that drive. I just remember run, run, run, run out of heavy sets and a large chunk of time getting eaten.

EDIT: I looked it up out of curiosity and it was a 12 plays, 76 yards, 6:05 drive that resulted in a 1 yard TD pass to Matthew Mulligan. 10 of those 12 plays were runs.