• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/31/kyle-pitts-thinks-falcons-are-interested-in-him-at-no-4/ It isn’t often that a tight end is a Top 5 pick in the NFL draft, but it also isn’t often

Pitts,Hurst and Graham would eat these lbs alive with the te sets  

With a pure pocket passer QB who can make presnap reads and deliver strikes this would be  very effective. 

5 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I have no ability to assess talent,so thankfully, I am trusting TF.

Neither do I nor most of those in here proclaiming their player is The Chosen One we dare not pass up. I'm trusting TF to not make any decisions based on any research he does in TATF. 🤣

54 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Atlanta needs to stop drafting shiny hood ornaments. Workout warriors. And don't try to compare this guy with kittle or Kelsey. Pitts can't block. He's a glorified wide receiver. I'll pass 

Yeah I'm not saying he should be the pick. He's gonna be good though. But so is Surtain, most of these QBs, Chase, Smith etc. It's all up to TF, AS and Pees and the crew. I'm on board with whatever they take. I don't know their plan.

45 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Neither do I nor most of those in here proclaiming their player is The Chosen One we dare not pass up. I'm trusting TF to not make any decisions based on any research he does in TATF. 🤣

I am confident you do not have to worry about that.  Have you read TATF?  🙃

2 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Rumor is San Fran wants Lance or Jones  I think now they take Lance due to his high ceiling let him sit behind Jimmy G for a year and learn Shanahan's system. We do take Pitts and Carolina lands Fields by moving up. I've read nothing of where Jones goes under this scenario.

Love getting Pitts hate Carolina getting Fields and facing him twice a year.

What if Fields turns out to be another Cam Newton?  I am not saying that he will, but let's be honest, QB's are a crap shoot.  I thought Cam was going to be great.  I thought Akili Smith was the next great QB!  

So what if Carolina lands Fields?  We need to draft for ourselves.  We draft to add to our team, not subtract from others.  

If we have a terrible season next year, we will have a high draft pick again and I hear next year is deep with pass rushers.  This is not a bad thing.   

2 minutes ago, etherdome said:

What if Fields turns out to be another Cam Newton?  I am not saying that he will, but let's be honest, QB's are a crap shoot.  I thought Cam was going to be great.  I thought Akili Smith was the next great QB!  

So what if Carolina lands Fields?  We need to draft for ourselves.  We draft to add to our team, not subtract from others.  

If we have a terrible season next year, we will have a high draft pick again and I hear next year is deep with pass rushers.  This is not a bad thing.   

Cam has accuracy issues and never improved his mechanics. I think Fields has the potential to be better. But it’s not fair to make a comp to another player. 

Edited by NWFALCON
1 minute ago, NWFALCON said:

Cam has accuracy issues and never improved his mechanics. I think Fields has the potential to be better. But it’s not fair to make a comp to another player. 

Not fair, to be sure.  But every year we hear about these incredible athletes that turn out to be duds as QB's.  I don't know Fields at all but there is simply too little tape to make a judgement about him.  Our FO will need to vet him (and every QB) carefully.  

You can make a mistake with any position in the draft and bounce back quickly.  This is not so with QB's.  If you make a mistake with a QB, you are talking about a 3-4 year plunge.  

2 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Not fair, to be sure.  But every year we hear about these incredible athletes that turn out to be duds as QB's.  I don't know Fields at all but there is simply too little tape to make a judgement about him.  Our FO will need to vet him (and every QB) carefully.  

You can make a mistake with any position in the draft and bounce back quickly.  This is not so with QB's.  If you make a mistake with a QB, you are talking about a 3-4 year plunge.  

The draft definitely is a crap shoot. 

3 minutes ago, etherdome said:

You can say the same for pocket passers as well. Not all of them make it. No qb is a sure thing.  But you know this.

3 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

The amount of stuff we would be able to do with presnap motion is crazy to think about as well.  With a pass catching running back we could come out in a two TE set, Pitts and the rb split out wide and all the sudden it looks a lot different.  You want to put a db on him?  Ok, that's an easy block for Pitts now we're running the ball.  Total mismatch in almost any situation.

With RB Gainwell and maybe Patterson (If I remember right), no LBer could cover the RB, and we'd have to draft a QB or 2 because Ryan's arm might fall off he'd be throwing so much.