https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/31/kyle-pitts-thinks-falcons-are-interested-in-him-at-no-4/

It isn’t often that a tight end is a Top 5 pick in the NFL draft, but it also isn’t often that a tight end is as good as Kyle Pitts.

Pitts, who won the John Mackey Award as the best tight end in college football last season at Florida, turned in a sensational workout today. Afterward, he said the Falcons have shown interest in picking him with the fourth overall pick in the draft.

“I did talk to them on Zoom a couple times,” Pitts said. “I talked to them again today. They said they have interest in me. After today we’ll get together on another Zoom and they’ll try to learn more about me. I feel like they’re pretty interested. It would be a dream come true to be Top 5 or be the first non-quarterback to come off the board, so that’s something I look forward to in the draft.”

The first three picks in the draft — owned by the Jaguars, Jets and 49ers — will certainly be quarterbacks. But Pitts may very well go fourth. That would be a bold move by the Falcons, but one they are surely considering.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/31/kyle-pitts-thinks-falcons-are-interested-in-him-at-no-4/ It isn’t often that a tight end is a Top 5 pick in the NFL draft, but it also isn’t often

Pitts,Hurst and Graham would eat these lbs alive with the te sets  

With a pure pocket passer QB who can make presnap reads and deliver strikes this would be  very effective. 

8 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

That'd be a REAL interesting concept for bubble screens with two TE blocking and Ridley or Julio in the middle of the bunch.

Now you’re starting to think like Arthur Smith...

The possibilities would be endless. You know how many D coordinators we would give headaches to? We could scare the entire league.

22 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

That'd be a REAL interesting concept for bubble screens with two TE blocking and Ridley or Julio in the middle of the bunch.

The amount of stuff we would be able to do with presnap motion is crazy to think about as well.  With a pass catching running back we could come out in a two TE set, Pitts and the rb split out wide and all the sudden it looks a lot different.  You want to put a db on him?  Ok, that's an easy block for Pitts now we're running the ball.  Total mismatch in almost any situation.

6 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

The amount of stuff we would be able to do with presnap motion is crazy to think about as well.  With a pass catching running back we could come out in a two TE set, Pitts and the rb split out wide and all the sudden it looks a lot different.  You want to put a db on him?  Ok, that's an easy block for Pitts now we're running the ball.  Total mismatch in almost any situation.

If we get Javonte Williams from NC he would be nice too lol use Mike Davis at the Goalline out of those two TE sets and man defenses will really struggle with us in the RZ.

Rumor is San Fran wants Lance or Jones  I think now they take Lance due to his high ceiling let him sit behind Jimmy G for a year and learn Shanahan's system. We do take Pitts and Carolina lands Fields by moving up. I've read nothing of where Jones goes under this scenario.

Love getting Pitts hate Carolina getting Fields and facing him twice a year.

31 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I would only trade down and skip over the QBs if I could be assured of landing Pitts.

My first round would the law firm of "Fields, Lance & Pitts"

gimme one of those three.

I understand that but I don't want to take a chance and not getting him. I think he'd be such a game changer.. He could actually become the best player on the team.. Like JJ Has been that guy.. we need to groom Pitts to take over for the day that JJ not longer wants to play.  In the mean time ,, having two O# weapons like these two.. WE need to win it all while we can with Ryan.

1 hour ago, dirtybirds233 said:

I'm really warming up to the idea of taking Pitts at #4.....

With Smith's offensive prowess, our offense would be a complete mismatch for defenses week in and week out from day one. 

I don't know if Pitts at #4 would be the absolute wisest move, but it would be fun to watch defenses try to deal with three dangerous TE's and also cover Julio, Ridley and Mike Davis. 

21 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Do y'all think Julio, Calvin, Pitts and Hurst is enough weapons for Matt-lanta?

If i'm being honest I'm not really counting on Julio because he just can't seem to stay healthy.  So Calving and Pitts...yea thats a good combo to me.  Hopefully it can be like a Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce situation.  Of course they've got a few more weapons at their disposal but its a good start.