NFL NOW | Adam Schefter "backlash" Falcons hold #4 owerall pick to restructure Matt Ryan's contract

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the idea that we won't trade the pick with the Panthers is overrated. My thought process is to do what's best for OUR team. Not worrying about who the Panthers will draft. Thats bish made thin

"Backslash?" "Faltons?" Lol what?

I like how they say that it's extremely difficult to get rid of ryan before 2023, but then say to take a qb and let him sit for 2021. Well, what about 2022? Let him sit for two years? Sit 40 million o

58 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

They may not wanna draft a quarterback at 4 because said quarterback may not be worth picking at 4 for whatever reason,  but don't want to trade the pick to Carolina within the division because they don't want that quarterback to play well against them in the division. WHICH one is it gonna be Falcons?  

anyone who drafts a player they don't expect to be a solid player for their team, just to keep another team from getting him needs to be fired ASAP

Falcons are in a very good position. Good position if we pick at 4, good position if we leverage that pick for more picks or FA capital. 
Falcons will improve this season and improve more in 2022. 
$40M is a lot to sit on the bench but I’ll add that Ryan’s performance does not merit $40M. Good but not $40M good. And without a doubt that is one contributor to our issues but not the only. 
We pick at 4 because we were horrible at football last year so I will temper my expectations while still cheering every Sunday. Either way I think we are going to move in the right direction. Realistically 7 wins is a 75% improvement which is incredible.  Playoffs will come when we can beat the Aints twice and the Bucs twice and the Panthers. We will get there soon. 
Let’s do the work so we can play postseason in 22 and make a legit run in 23. 

14 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

That may be true. However, should he find himself in the "A", he will be within the territory of an elite apex predator. He will certainly need all the level headed maturity he can muster to survive. They waitin'.

Slim-Danger--e1599585016762.jpg?quality=

That crew may tempt some people but probably not anyone who has been raised properly as he apparently has been. 

The question to me was never do they like these QBs, it's do they like Matt. Do they think Matt can lead the offense for the next 3 years or so. Right now we have no idea if Matt can play for another 3 years at a high level in the AS scheme. If AS thinks he can then we don't take a QB at 4. If they take a QB then to me AS is basically saying I'm stuck with Matt because of the cap and I'll move on from him as soon as I can. This isn't a NE situation where their starting QB is on a 1 year deal, so someone could sit for a year and everyone knows who's starting in 2022.

1 hour ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I think the idea that we won't trade the pick with the Panthers is overrated. My thought process is to do what's best for OUR team. Not worrying about who the Panthers will draft. Thats bish made thinking to me. 

It's not bish made thinking at all.  First, consider that NONE of the other teams in our division have a long-term option at QB in place, so we are in position to get a long-term competitive advantage if TF and Arthur #2 love one of these QBs and feel they can develop him.  Second, if we trade this pick to the Panthers and the QB they take becomes a star we have to play for the next decade, while we go through the inevitable uncertainty at QB post-Matt Ryan, then many of you on this forum who are so passionate about trading down will be first ones wanting to fire TF and Arthur #2.  

I know you all hate hearing this, but as I have seen some others state in this forum, TF and Arthur #2 are not under a "win now" mandate like TD and DQ were going into to 2020.  Does that mean we are rebuilding or tanking?  No.  However, it does mean that TF and Arthur #2 are here to build their own program, and they have the ability to make long-term decisions (like drafting a QB who wont play right away) in a way that TD/DQ no longer could because they ran out of time.

There is a reasonable case to be made for moving down or taking a non-QB at 4, but please stop acting like the idea of taking a QB is so outrageous as if we are coming off of 3 straight playoff appearances with an incumbent QB in his prime.

Lastly, I hear you on the concerns regarding Ryan's restructured contract, but we just saw Wentz and Goff get traded with bad contracts and the cap will go up next year.  You don't let that stop you from taking a QB if there is one that you love at 4.

1 hour ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I think the idea that we won't trade the pick with the Panthers is overrated. My thought process is to do what's best for OUR team. Not worrying about who the Panthers will draft. Thats bish made thinking to me. 

I think that we absolutely would trade the pic to Carolina.... But they are going to pay a heavier premium then somebody else would because it is in division.

when you're talking about a franchise quarterback or at least a potential franchise quarterback the cost is always going to be steep but when you're talking about a franchise quarterback within the division you can multiply that.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

Rodgers - Pick 24, old CBA
Mahomes - Pick 10
Love - Pick 26

These examples that keep being thrown around, especially Green Bay’s, are apples to oranges.  Pick #10 makes almost half of what pick #4 will make.  Alex Smith also didn’t have the pending dead cap hit Ryan does if moved.

I don't think they're apples to oranges comparisons. More like granny smith apples to Macintosh apples. You can still bake with both of them. One just does better than the other. 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I personally don't want us to hand Carolina their probable franchise QB. You may be fine with it, but I seriously doubt doing that would sit very well with 90-percent of the fan base.

While most of TATF is still strongly behind Matt, out there in the hinterlands there are a lot of people more than ready to move on. They definitely aren't going to go for us handing Carolina one of the best QB's in the draft that they covet.

And every single time that QB beats the Falcons, the media would bring that up. Every time Carolina finishes higher in the standings, the media will bring that up. If he won them a SB, forget about it. A.S. and T.F. would never hear the end of it. This is quite simply a trap they are way too smart to fall into.

Draft lance if hes there or move up to grab wilson if possible. We got delt a bad hand in a draft with extremely talented qb's and an aging qb thats very expensive. When you got guys like lance, fields, wilson. Sitting close to your lap. You just dont pass on them. Its why so many people have is taking a qb. Its the most logical choice. Yeah ! Matt ryan is signed to alot of money but hes also old. And we wont ever be in this position ever again in terms of the level of qb talent and having the 4th overall pick. We draft a qb even a blind fool can see this.

Edited by dapanch420
2 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

"Backslash?" "Faltons?"

Lol what?

I pass on every YT video with words like "outrage", "goes off" and "backlash" in the title. Usually, they're clickbait and none of the quoted words apply to anything in the video. When there are two misspelled words in the video title, it's more a sign not to monetize the poster.

14 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I personally don't want us to hand Carolina their probable franchise QB. You may be fine with it, but I seriously doubt doing that would sit very well with 90-percent of the fan base.

While most of TATF is still strongly behind Matt, out there in the hinterlands there are a lot of people more than ready to move on. They definitely aren't going to go for us handing Carolina one of the best QB's in the draft that they covet.

And every single time that QB beats the Falcons, the media would bring that up. Every time Carolina finishes higher in the standings, the media will bring that up. If he won them a SB, forget about it. A.S. and T.F. would never hear the end of it. This is quite simply a trap they are way too smart to fall into.

This is the part I am talking about that to me is a loser mindset. I don't care what the media says or how often they bring it up. Lets say the Panthers beat us, but the QB had a horrendous game. The media would still twist it as if it was such a bad trade because we lost. 

At the end of the day its a team game anyways. Let them have their guy. The Panthers and whatever QB they would take would have just as much pressure on them to beat us because they sacrificed so much to get this dude that he better pan out. 

Meanwhile we have a haul of picks to "get it right" while they have just one. 

Plus, I think its a HUGE flex move to trade the pic in the division. Like we don't gaf, draft who you want, we are still gonna win. 😎