Jump to content

Trade down partner: DET, CAR, DEN, NYG, LAC, NE, WAS, CHI, PIT


Foo Falcons
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bottom line: we have a plethora of teams that will likely be contemplating a move up for a QB or WR/Pitts. Id prefer a trade back with Denver but if we can trade back with LAC, NE, WAS, or CHI and get a kings ransom then I'm happy. No QB is needed right now for us. If we can recoupe 3-4 higher round picks then its a win.

Ojulari, Phillips, Paye, Surtain, Farley, Collins, Slater, Vera-Tucker. If we can get any of these guys at pick 9-20 while recouping several high draft picks then we're set up nicely moving forward. 

Cant argue whether that's best case or not. Lance/Fields wouldn't be the end of world and would bring excitement, but QB isn't a need right now to me. Help the defense and help the offensive line and we're in the thick of it. 

Less than a month away fellas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Foo Falcons said:

Bottom line: we have a plethora of teams that will likely be contemplating a move up for a QB or WR/Pitts. Id prefer a trade back with Denver but if we can trade back with LAC, NE, WAS, or CHI and get a kings ransom then I'm happy. No QB is needed right now for us. If we can recoupe 3-4 higher round picks then its a win.

Ojulari, Phillips, Paye, Surtain, Farley, Collins, Slater, Vera-Tucker. If we can get any of these guys at pick 9-20 while recouping several high draft picks then we're set up nicely moving forward. 

Cant argue whether that's best case or not. Lance/Fields wouldn't be the end of world and would bring excitement, but QB isn't a need right now to me. Help the defense and help the offensive line and we're in the thick of it. 

Less than a month away fellas.

Our new GM has said repeatedly that he does not believe in drafting purely based on perceived team needs, so even if he does trade down, he may not have the same agenda that you laid out.  I am eager to finally get a real glimpse into the new regime's plan in less than a month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Al Bruce said:

Our new GM has said repeatedly that he does not believe in drafting purely based on perceived team needs, so even if he does trade down, he may not have the same agenda that you laid out.  I am eager to finally get a real glimpse into the new regime's plan in less than a month.

No doubt. If we go Waddle or Devonta Smith, for example, it shouldn't be a surprise. I wouldn't expect em, but wouldn't be totally floored with the BPA talk like you mentioned. Parsons is another I'm not expecting but is a possibility. Who else would you consider a surprise pick?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Al Bruce said:

Our new GM has said repeatedly that he does not believe in drafting purely based on perceived team needs, so even if he does trade down, he may not have the same agenda that you laid out.  I am eager to finally get a real glimpse into the new regime's plan in less than a month.

Yeah it's going to be a very interesting draft. Lots will be revealed. So far the only things Terry really said are general guidelines, like they're going for BPA in the draft and filling needs via FA. QB is a possibility, BPA is a possibility, and trading down is a possibility. 

With a first time HC and first time GM, no one knows what they'll actually do. The draft cannot get here soon enough.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Yeah it's going to be a very interesting draft. Lots will be revealed. So far the only things Terry really said are general guidelines, like they're going for BPA in the draft and filling needs via FA. QB is a possibility, BPA is a possibility, and trading down is a possibility. 

With a first time HC and first time GM, no one knows what they'll actually do. The draft cannot get here soon enough.

 

A freaking men

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, agree that QB1 isn't a need, but the team will eventually need to secure QB2 through some mechanism.

So far, the positions addressed in FA and/or trade are: TE, LB(2), CB, S, RB, OL, and P. There are still more acquisitions necessary in the secondary and OL (perhaps other positions, but definitely these two groups). And of course, there's still more time to sign folks. 

Until the Falcons sign a journeyman vet to be the next Schaub, it's reasonable to assume the Falcons will select a QB within the first four rounds (or sooner if there's a second run at the position). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d prefer to stay in the top 10, but if we dropped into the 20’s I would hope Najee would get a considerable look.

Also everything we are hearing about what TF may or may not do is likely a bunch of bull put out to totally confuse everyone. I would disappointed in the hire if it were that easy to know where he is leaning or who he may draft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Well, agree that QB1 isn't a need, but the team will eventually need to secure QB2 through some mechanism.

So far, the positions addressed in FA and/or trade are: TE, LB(2), CB, S, RB, OL, and P. There are still more acquisitions necessary in the secondary and OL (perhaps other positions, but definitely these two groups). And of course, there's still more time to sign folks. 

Until the Falcons sign a journeyman vet to be the next Schaub, it's reasonable to assume the Falcons will select a QB within the first four rounds (or sooner if there's a second run at the position). 

Newman in the third.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

I’d prefer to stay in the top 10, but if we dropped into the 20’s I would hope Najee would get a considerable look.

Also everything we are hearing about what TF may or may not do is likely a bunch of bull put out to totally confuse everyone. I would disappointed in the hire if it were that easy to know where he is leaning or who he may draft. 

Exactly. He’s a wild card in the drivers seat of the draft. You cannot predict what he will do where as TD had little shot of moving down because BPA teams would have intact draft boards knowing he would go a certain direction no matter what. I was at the Dallas draft and extremely proud of TD taking BPA in the first. Ridley was a steal, but he fell back into his old ways immediately the following year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, k-train said:

My dream scenario is that after the Jags draft Lawrence #1 overall, they decide they need to jump back up to get him some help via Sewell or Chase, or whomever.

Jaguars receive:
R1P4

Falcons receive:
R1P25
R2P33
R2P45
R4P130
2022 3rd
2023 2nd

I would love to see a deal like this, but really want their first next season because it’s likely to be a top 5 pick again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, k-train said:

My dream scenario is that after the Jags draft Lawrence #1 overall, they decide they need to jump back up to get him some help via Sewell or Chase, or whomever.

Jaguars receive:
R1P4

Falcons receive:
R1P25
R2P33
R2P45
R4P130
2022 3rd
2023 2nd

Wow.  That would be crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

The only news I’m really hanging for is that we have traded the 4th pick and got a Kings Ransom.That would set the off season alight for me.It would also probably secure life after Matt aswell.

Exactly. It can secure life after Matt in one of two ways—(1) give us ammo to trade future picks that we acquire this year to move up to “get our guy” in 2022 or 2023; or (2) build out a complete roster where a vet wants to come here for a potential Super Bowl run similar to Manning with the Broncos, Brady with the Bucs, Rivers with the Colts, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

All those guys would be great picks. Let's not forget Moehrig, Horn and Parsons as well. Lots of solid picks in that 9-15 range that would improve us from day one. 

It's hard to argue against a trade back, because we need as many cheap bodies with great potential as we can get this offseason. 

Agree we can still get premier talent in the mid round...look at what we got in AJT. Would love to land Moehrig.

I don’t think Parsons makes it to 9 even, but you never know. Many said he was a top 5-7 guy, then he was forgotten once he opted out. His pro day reminded folks about him, and I seen a video where the buzz around the league was he could end up going much higher than some are predicting.(it was in the nfl.com video covering the PSU pro day)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 1989Fan said:

Agree we can still get premier talent in the mid round...look at what we got in AJT. Would love to land Moehrig.

I don’t think Parsons makes it to 9 even, but you never know. Many said he was a top 5-7 guy, then he w as forgotten once he opted out. His pro day reminded folks about him, and I seen a video where the buzz around the league was he could end up going much higher than some are predicting.

Yeah, a trade back and landing Moehrig would be a great thing. With safeties suddenly being in demand, I wouldn't be shocked if he goes in the 10-13 area to one of those teams.

I had Parsons as our pick at 4 way back, then, I started drifting like we all do along the way, but in the end, I'm back in that Parsons camp. I won't even be shocked if we pick him at 4. He's  the top defender on the board, and we need that kind of disrupter on our defense. 

He's not polished, for sure, but he's got multiple tools, unlike drafting just a pass rusher, for instance, who can't do anything else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, I don't know if trading down for more picks is better, or drafting the BPA. Issue with trading down for more picks is that there is no guarantee that those picks turn into great ones. I am more of the if you see the player that you want, that you believe has the potential to be great, you take that guy. I want TF to draft the BPA for the Falcons at #4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, k-train said:

My dream scenario is that after the Jags draft Lawrence #1 overall, they decide they need to jump back up to get him some help via Sewell or Chase, or whomever.

Jaguars receive:
R1P4

Falcons receive:
R1P25
R2P33
R2P45
R4P130
2022 3rd
2023 2nd

I was hoping Miami would do that and give us both their seconds plus. They get Pitts at 4 and then Smith or Chase at 6 and RB after round 2. That'd be a sick O in 2022 if not sooner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we can bait NE into an all-in move we could get a big return and still be in play for whoever is left over amongst the WRs/CBS/Rousseau/Harris/ or even a second trade down to the early 20s if Moehrig/Baremore is our guy and we are willing to overdraft them a bit for the security

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...