I think fields just pretty much locked himself in top 3

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

HC and GM can’t talk to players this year on Pro day. The interview/talk has to be virtual. 

don't know why you included my quote there - I said nothing about GM talking to player at the pro day - but whatever - i know the other quote did.

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

No. They can’t. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/jim-mora-jr-explains-why-49ers-hc-kyle-shanahan-went-to-mac-jones-pro-day

"So they're going to go see that with Mac Jones as well. The Pro Day this year is more important than ever because we didn't have a Combine. This also is a chance for Kyle and John to sit down with Mac and spend hours with him, maybe go to dinner with him, watch film with him, to get a real understanding of his football intelligence. It's really important."

8 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/jim-mora-jr-explains-why-49ers-hc-kyle-shanahan-went-to-mac-jones-pro-day

"So they're going to go see that with Mac Jones as well. The Pro Day this year is more important than ever because we didn't have a Combine. This also is a chance for Kyle and John to sit down with Mac and spend hours with him, maybe go to dinner with him, watch film with him, to get a real understanding of his football intelligence. It's really important."

Let them do it. I wonder what the penalty is for breaking the rules. 

4 hours ago, lju713 said:

SF traded up to 3 because they know the Jets ARE NOT taking a QB. Darnold is young and cheap. The Jets are gonna trade the pick or surprise us and take Sewell 

There's a bold prediction, and I highly doubt it.

@falcons007 is right they can not meet in-person with a prospect. The bold

NFL sends memo detailing pre-Draft rules regarding draft-eligible players

In a memo obtained by NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, the NFL informed clubs Friday of a slew of new pre-2021 NFL Draft rules relating to hosting and interacting with draft-eligible players.

These latest updates to the pre-draft process come four days after the NFL announced format changes for the 2021 NFL Scouting Combine.

All teams are prohibited from timing, testing, interviewing in-person or giving medical exams to any draft prospect outside of a school’s pro day or an all-star game because of ongoing concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Pelissero noted.

"The presence of a college player at a club's facility is prohibited, even if the player has been invited by a current NFL player," the memo read in part. "If a college player appears at a club's facility, he should be advised that his presence is prohibited by NFL rules and should be requested to leave immediately. A violation of this type will subject the involved club and club employee to appropriate penalties under the League's anti-tampering policy."

The memo also details a league-wide ban on private workouts, facility visits, dinners and film sessions with prospects. Schools hosting pro days are allowed a maximum of five players classified as "Designated Underclassmen" to particpate.

Clubs will be limited to three reps at any pro day and are also not allowed to attend any combine-type events or similar workout sessions that are not affiliated with the NFL. All attendees are required to wear PPE and practice social distancing.

NFL teams can begin conducting phone or video interviews with underclassmen Jan. 25 and "seniors" on Feb. 1, Pelissero noted. The last day for telephone or video conferences with a draft-eligible player is April 28, the day before the draft.

Edited by Cole World

So about Fields I have heard about him not getting through his progressions very quick but I also read where he has a long wind up release for the deep ball. Is that something anyone else noticed? If so that could be an issue with defensive players swatting at the ball while trying to get the sack. But those are two very important things that need to be looked at if you’re going to draft him

3 minutes ago, Abeasley27 said:

So about Fields I have heard about him not getting through his progressions very quick but I also read where he has a long wind up release for the deep ball. Is that something anyone else noticed? If so that could be an issue with defensive players swatting at the ball while trying to get the sack. But those are two very important things that need to be looked at if you’re going to draft him

It was the first thing I noticed when I started watching his clips and its not just on the deep ball.

6 minutes ago, Cole World said:

@falcons007 is right they can not meet in-person with a prospect. The bold

All teams are prohibited from timing, testing, interviewing in-person or giving medical exams to any draft prospect outside of a school’s pro day or an all-star game because of ongoing concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Pelissero noted.

The memo also details a league-wide ban on private workouts, facility visits, dinners and film sessions with prospects. Schools hosting pro days are allowed a maximum of five players classified as "Designated Underclassmen" to particpate.

So they can meet with them at their pro days and they could also meet with them at the senior bowl.

https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-2021-San-Francisco-49ers-trade-Mac-Jones-Alabama-Football-Greg-McElroy-ESPN-163379187/

“Now, San Francisco’s brain trust — their GM John Lynch and their head coach Kyle Shanahan were both here in attendance to watch and observe Mac Jones very closely. What their interaction was like, after the fact, is something we still, at this point, don’t entirely know. But it seemed as though Mac Jones was going to have some conversations with them over the course of the next several hours.”

https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-2021-San-Francisco-49ers-trade-Mac-Jones-Alabama-Football-Greg-McElroy-ESPN-163379187/

“Now, San Francisco’s brain trust — their GM John Lynch and their head coach Kyle Shanahan were both here in attendance to watch and observe Mac Jones very closely. What their interaction was like, after the fact, is something we still, at this point, don’t entirely know. But it seemed as though Mac Jones was going to have some conversations with them over the course of the next several hours.”

just keep your shirt on Mac!

Pablo Escobarner (blue check) on Twitter: "For all the jokes about Bo Nix  being an absent father, you can no longer sit here and tell me that Mac  Jones doesn't have at

1 minute ago, abcranford2 said:

He has said himself that its something he's aware of and that he was working on it last offseason.

Wow. Ok thanks man I appreciate that. Now as for the not going through the progressions fast enough or at all, doesn’t that require an excellent offensive line and a great running game to get past? 

Just now, Abeasley27 said:

Wow. Ok thanks man I appreciate that. Now as for the not going through the progressions fast enough or at all, doesn’t that require an excellent offensive line and a great running game to get past? 

I'm watching his pro day clips right now.  I don't think it's as bad as it was last year but its still there, probably more of a concern on the deep balls. 

Just now, abcranford2 said:

I'm watching his pro day clips right now.  I don't think it's as bad as it was last year but its still there, probably more of a concern on the deep balls. 

That’s where most of the issue would come from though because of the amount of time he would need for the routes to develop am I right?

27 minutes ago, Abeasley27 said:

Steelers-sign-Byron-Leftwich.jpg

9 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Where did you find the pro day clips?

6 minutes ago, Abeasley27 said:

That’s where most of the issue would come from though because of the amount of time he would need for the routes to develop am I right?

To me it's now about how long it takes.  It's that he's extending his arm too far backwards and he flips the ball upside down before coming back over the top.  It'll be an easy target for passrushers looking for a strip sack and it can also cause accuracy issues.