I think fields just pretty much locked himself in top 3

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, sucks that 8 different players are going in the top 3. Unprecedented. Really makes our pick at 4 worth less

D.B.N. in summary:    

I think everybody knew Fields was gonna look better throwing to open receivers in a pro day setting.  What sets Mac apart is his processing speed and decision making

2 minutes ago, Bobby Biskie said:

Everyone with 2 eyes can see Justin is one of the top 2 QBs in this draft. This reminds me of the Deshaun Watson draft where the “Experts” hyped up the other bums and picked apart  and over analyzed Watson’s game

very apt comparison and agree the same phenomenon going on here.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Biskie said:

Everyone with 2 eyes can see Justin is one of the top 2 QBs in this draft. This reminds me of the Deshaun Watson draft where the “Experts” hyped up the other bums and picked apart  and over analyzed Watson’s game

This is exactly what’s going on here, same with Lamar, any one that watched him in college knew he was the real deal…dumb ***** was talking about him playing WR..lot of these scouts/media be on an agenda 

Just now, Bobby Biskie said:

I got 4 eyes and I'm not seeing it. Let's take a real deep look at the quarterbacks in this class and be honest.

Outside of lawrence, none are truly great. All except Lance played with exceptional talent so the fact that people are even mentioning that for Jones is a joke. Everything runs deeper than stats. There is no real separation between Fields and the rest of these guys. The real test will come once they start playing NFL defenses 

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Yea, but he lost to Mac Jones. Now what?

Jones 464 yards, 80% completion, 5 TDs

Fields 194 yards 51.5% completion, 1 TD

Jones was literally 5 times better than your boy.

There has been nobody, I mean nobody, has ever even considered Matt Jones as the best quarterback in this draft. To be drafted higher than Justin Fields,  he would have to have that kind of talent.  Oh, Fields is not my boy, I'm a football fan and like the best players that play the game...

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

There has been nobody, I mean nobody, has ever even considered Matt Jones as the best quarterback in this draft. To be drafted higher than Justin Fields,  he would have to have that kind of talent.  Oh, Fields is not my boy, I'm a football fan and like the best players that play the game...

Jones beat fields.

You just said that Fields beat Lawrence and that somehow makes him as good as him.

Jones absolutely demolished fields. They didn't belong on the same field in that game.

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I got 4 eyes and I'm not seeing it. Let's take a real deep look at the quarterbacks in this class and be honest.

Outside of lawrence, none are truly great. All except Lance played with exceptional talent so the fact that people are even mentioning that for Jones is a joke. Everything runs deeper than stats. There is no real separation between Fields and the rest of these guys. The real test will come once they start playing NFL defenses 

Exactly this. And that's what's bothered me about this QB class in general. They are being treated as NFL stars already and outside of Lawrence (who even he, is definitely way overhyped), these QB's have a lot of red flags. Yes, they all have traits about them that look promising. But they also are way more unproven than they are being portrayed. 

Threads like this show who can evaluate talent and who can't.

Throwing at a receiver with no pressure, does, follow me here, absolutely nothing to answer any questions actual scouts and talent evaluators had about Fields, and, in no way, elevates him over other prospects. 

Fields is an incredible talent. He can make every throw, and is one **** of an athlete that make plays better than most RBs, but actual coaches already knew all of this before today. Nothing from today showed coaches and GMs anything that they didn't already know.

The real questions on Fields are going to come from interviews, private workouts, and film analysis, where coaches and GMs can really look at specifically the issues that they want to be more sure about.

I will not be surprised if Fields goes top 5. ****, I won't be surprised if he goes top 2, but it won't be because of anything he did at his pro day.

If you saw this pro day, and felt like something had now changed for coaches, then well, that's why you don't work in the talent evaluation business, because that's not how scouting works, at all.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Jones beat fields.

You just said that Fields beat Lawrence and that somehow makes him as good as him.

Jones absolutely demolished fields. They didn't belong on the same field in that game.

Brah, stop. 

I wish I was as sure of who we are picking as many of you are.  I don't want to jinx any kid we select.  I just want him to roll in and kill it for us, be it QB, WR or long snapper.  I just don't care as long as the team feels they are the pick.  I honestly get the feeling TF knows his 💩💩.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Jones beat fields.

But that's also such a lame argument. Just like using the "Fields beat Lawrence" argument. I know that's not actually how YOU feel. But it's just silly 

22 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

But, but, Zach Wilson was the second coming of Dan Marino after his pro day. Now that Justin Fields established that he is REALLY the best quarterback on the board, the " pro day don't matter " comments are flying around...:lol: Some of yall STAY moving the goal posts when it comes to Justin Fields...

Zach Wilson had already established himself as the #2 before his pro day because of his tape.  Once people started watching the actual tape Wilson and Mac Jones started moving up and Fields started moving down.  It's only the media and fans hyping people up after their pro days.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Exactly this. And that's what's bothered me about this QB class in general. They are being treated as NFL stars already and outside of Lawrence (who even he, is definitely way overhyped), these QB's have a lot of red flags. Yes, they all have traits about them that look promising. But they also are way more unproven than they are being portrayed. 

Bingo. Heck, as poor as next year's class is looking, I'd agree Fields was #1 if he was in that group. These guys aren't special at all. If they are as special as perceived, I'd love to see whoever the Jets choose turn their franchise around. If he can do that I'll consider him the best from this class period 😂

Oh crap, I hope what looks like is being implied, isn't. Otherwise this thread will be, probably rightfully, locked soon.

Let me just say, please, to everyone, keep this about him as a football player. Keep everything else out of this.

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Bomani Jones said you wouldn't see it...:lol:

Just now, hjerry said:

Oh crap, I hope what looks like is being implied, isn't. Otherwise this thread will be, probably rightfully, locked soon.

Let me just say, please, to everyone, keep this about him as a football player. Keep everything else out of this.

Ole boy got everybody on ignore now so it shouldn't get locked 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Uh oh. Be careful. The pitbull is loose today in here

I don’t care. 

It makes zero sense to extend multiple big contracts, especially Matt Ryan’s, and then tie up $6M of rookie contract standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard, and for a coaching/GM staff thats only on 3 year contracts themselves.

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I wish I was as sure of who we are picking as many of you are.  I don't want to jinx any kid we select.  I just want him to roll in and kill it for us, be it QB, WR or long snapper.  I just don't care as long as the team feels they are the pick.  I honestly get the feeling TF knows his 💩💩.

Dude exactly ppl speak ab the future as if it’s already been told. I’m gonna wait and see and back whoever we draft and hope they have the best career out of any of the other qb’s. Lol ppl setting themselves up for a tantrum