• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Philadelphia: everything about you is terrible. Prepare to get *****-slapped.

2% chance of rain in Atlanta on Thursday but let's never open a season in Atlanta because whatever reason MLB comes up with 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Not that worried. Offense will get going. Not ideal but they'll be ok. Not unusual for a sluggish start 

That's my silver lining as well. I'd prefer pitching to be as sound as they can be than to have an explosive offense but coupled with bad pitching. We'll bounce back soon enough. Hate to stare at 0-3 hole, though. Would much prefer to be swept if we're somewhere like 8-7.

Alright, here's my attempt to talk people down off the ledge, that Braves/Phillies series was the most unlucky series I've ever seen. Braves hit the ball so much better than the Phillies did in that series and I can prove it.

The Braves put in play 20 balls with an exit velocity of over 100 mph. The Phillies only had 14 such balls. Braves made outs on 13 of those 20. Phillies made outs on 6 of their 14. Braves keep hitting the ball this hard and the hits will come. Just keep doing what you're doing!

EyLOOqxWEAIJ_Pk?format=png&name=900x900

Now, here's the part that will really piss off people. Here's the ball in play at less than 80 MPH that resulted in hits for each team. Braves had 1 such hit. The Phillies had a ridiculous 9 such hits. Really? I've never seen such.

EyLOlB1WgAECq6n?format=png&name=900x900

22 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Alright, here's my attempt to talk people down off the ledge, that Braves/Phillies series was the most unlucky series I've ever seen. Braves hit the ball so much better than the Phillies did in that series and I can prove it.

The Braves put in play 20 balls with an exit velocity of over 100 mph. The Phillies only had 14 such balls. Braves made outs on 13 of those 20. Phillies made outs on 6 of their 14. Braves keep hitting the ball this hard and the hits will come. Just keep doing what you're doing!

EyLOOqxWEAIJ_Pk?format=png&name=900x900

Now, here's the part that will really piss off people. Here's the ball in play at less than 80 MPH that resulted in hits for each team. Braves had 1 such hit. The Phillies had a ridiculous 9 such hits. Really? I've never seen such.

EyLOlB1WgAECq6n?format=png&name=900x900

Maybe if their launch angle was a bit lower, those fly outs could have been hits. We were always taught to swing level and get on base.