Jump to content

Time to break down the coaching staff - Arthur Smith gives insight


Recommended Posts

AS got some big *** hands lol

 

Like what I’m hearing, especially the part about not believing in throw away years and changing the scheme based on what you have. Pees has the resume to back that, AS gets a real shot as the guy to put that imprint down this year.

 

I like that retired coaches feel the urge to come out of retirement, and the fact we have a strong veteran like that with a rookie head coach. Not so in love with the possible nepotism in works with his son getting on the staff. Hope it’s not a situation where we install the old man’s stuff and throw the kid to the fire without him truly earning it. But that might just be years of Falcon depression talking to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

AS got some big *** hands lol

 

Like what I’m hearing, especially the part about not believing in throw away years and changing the scheme based on what you have. Pees has the resume to back that, AS gets a real shot as the guy to put that imprint down this year.

 

I like that retired coaches feel the urge to come out of retirement, and the fact we have a strong veteran like that with a rookie head coach. Not so in love with the possible nepotism in works with his son getting on the staff. Hope it’s not a situation where we install the old man’s stuff and throw the kid to the fire without him truly earning it. But that might just be years of Falcon depression talking to me.

I don't think we have to worry about nepotism. His son got a low level fetch the coffee gig just like he had in TN. It's also a position AS held when he first started out. Pees Jr will have to work his way up just like his father and AS did. And like AS said about all the coaching experience on defense, he has years and years and years before he works his way above those guys.

He might even be more scrutinized working for his old man. My grumpy old man was the senior drill instructor when I went through basic. He made me and only me go take a hot shower after going through the gas chamber. Do you know what a hot steamy shower does to CS gas residue? Let's just say it ain't pretty. Try putting cayenne pepper on your bung hole. 🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I don't think we have to worry about nepotism. His son got a low level fetch the coffee gig just like he had in TN. It's also a position AS held when he first started out. Pees Jr will have to work his way up just like his father and AS did. And like AS said about all the coaching experience on defense, he has years and years and years before he works his way above those guys.

He might even be more scrutinized working for his old man. My grumpy old man was the senior drill instructor when I went through basic. He made me and only me go take a hot shower after going through the gas chamber. Do you know what a hot steamy shower does to CS gas residue? Let's just say it ain't pretty. Try putting cayenne pepper on your bung hole. 🤣🤣

I’ve been through basic and the gas chamber. Me and the old man would’ve had some one on one counseling after I graduated 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

I’ve been through basic and the gas chamber. Me and the old man would’ve had some one on one counseling after I graduated 😂

Haha it didn't take that long. I had Christmas vacation stuck in the middle of my training calendar. Of course, he laughed his *ss off and still does to this day. But I didn't fall for anything after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Haha it didn't take that long. I had Christmas vacation stuck in the middle of my training calendar. Of course, he laughed his *ss off and still does to this day. But I didn't fall for anything after that.

My dad was a pervious 1SGT for one of my drill sergeants. I had lots of fun once the connection was made. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

I’ve been through basic and the gas chamber. Me and the old man would’ve had some one on one counseling after I graduated 😂

 

38 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I don't think we have to worry about nepotism. His son got a low level fetch the coffee gig just like he had in TN. It's also a position AS held when he first started out. Pees Jr will have to work his way up just like his father and AS did. And like AS said about all the coaching experience on defense, he has years and years and years before he works his way above those guys.

He might even be more scrutinized working for his old man. My grumpy old man was the senior drill instructor when I went through basic. He made me and only me go take a hot shower after going through the gas chamber. Do you know what a hot steamy shower does to CS gas residue? Let's just say it ain't pretty. Try putting cayenne pepper on your bung hole. 🤣🤣

Gas chamber was broken when i went through  🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to look up CS gas.  When I went through training, it was called tear gas.  It did produce tears.  You have never seen snot run out of a nose until you see tear gas applied.  Our drill instructor was immune to it.  We went in with masks and he did not wear one.  By the time my skin was burning, he told us to take the masks off.  We had to walk around in the room for some time.  When he let us out, guy just ran out and fell on the ground.  Of course, the drill instructor was standing, no tears, no snot, and was calling us a bunch of little girls.  It took a long time before I could get a decent breath into my lungs.  Those were the good 'ol days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...