Fields / Lance manifestation

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I'm sort of the same.  My preference is Fields for a lot of reasons, but I trust the FO and Arthur Smith to identify what they want in a QB.

I don't really want a QB at 4, but my prediction is Fields' pro day today is going to swing a lot of people back in his corner.  There is an argument Lance is actually more pro ready, but I don't buy it.  He played in a pro style scheme, but he wasn't throwing tight windows like Fields was, and that bothers me a little.  The good news is neither of them will be rushed into service if drafted by us, but I don't like the idea of taking a guy who is used to making easy, wide open throws.

Pushed to the wall to decide on a QB at 4, give me Fields.  But I trust the front office more than I trust me.

I'm still fapping to the thought of taking Pitts at #4 and Etienne at #35. Our offense would be unstoppable. Our defense though....:flush:

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Honestly, that's why you take o-line or Pitts at 4 if you stay there.  Then it doesn't matter which QB you get.  Fields was under duress against Alabama.  Look what he did against Clemson.

Then ask yourself what the difference was.

Think I would prefer OL, but I could get behind Pitts too

Just now, Sponge said:

I'm still fapping to the thought of taking Pitts at #4 and Etienne at #35. Our offense would be unstoppable. Our defense though....:flush:

I'm not sure Etienne falls to 35.  He's a solid, sturdy back who runs a 4.3.  He'll likely go toward the end of the first, if not before then.

What would improve the team the most is a trade back and stock up on the defensive leftovers, because some of these dudes are going to surprise.  Our staff and FO just have to identify who the surprises will be.

9 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Anyone who thinks we're drafting a QB (or ever were) is either brain damaged or high as a kite. 

I think it's highly unlikely, due to TF's drafting philosophy (unless he was lying).  Mostly because I don't see them valuing the 4th best QB over the best o-lineman, receiver, Pitts, Parsons, Surtain, etc.

But it could happen.  I don't think it's so far out of the realm of possibility that I'd write it off.

But I do think most people here who think it's a lock are blinded by their dislike of Matt Ryan.

9 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Anyone who thinks we're drafting a QB (or ever were) is either brain damaged or high as a kite. 

I think it's highly unlikely, due to TF's drafting philosophy (unless he was lying).  Mostly because I don't see them valuing the 4th best QB over the best o-lineman, receiver, Pitts, Parsons, Surtain, etc.

But it could happen.  I don't think it's so far out of the realm of possibility that I'd write it off.

But I do think most people here who think it's a lock are blinded by their dislike of Matt Ryan.

You can say that again! 

Oh wait, you already did! 😂

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Apparently every qb in this class will be an all pro according to this board. 

Shoot if we draft one, I’ll get on board with the one we draft will be!!!

Its possible that through their grading the 4th best QB is graded higher than the best at another position. Their grade on the player is what counts, that other stuff is just arbitrary. 

Home town kid plus the kid can ball out = $$$ and a possible packed stadium! If im Blank it's Fields for me. It's not a huge gap if any heck Fields is better imo anyway. That's if it's between Lance or Fields.

Edited by Sipifalcon

Just now, FentayeJones said:

Its possible that through their grading the 4th best QB is graded higher than the best at another position. Their grade on the player is what counts, that other stuff is just arbitrary. 

Absolutely.  I don't think they will grade them that way, but that's why I said it's a distinct possibility.  It's a real thing that could happen.

Just now, Sipifalcon said:

Home town kid = $$$ and a possible packed stadium! If im Blank it's Fields for me. It's not a huge gap if any heck Fields is better imo anyway.

I agree Fields is better, but if we're drafting to get hometown kids who can pack the seats, we hired the wrong GM and HC.  That's a horrible reason to draft anyone.

I only care about which one is the better QB prospect.  You fill seats by winning.

18 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm not sure Etienne falls to 35.  He's a solid, sturdy back who runs a 4.3.  He'll likely go toward the end of the first, if not before then.

I'm sure Etienne will be picked by Chiefs (rich get richer). But Pitts/Etienne/Jones/Ridley/Hurst would be a dream. About defense, I've come to the conclusion that we'll never have nice things. 

22 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

What would improve the team the most is a trade back and stock up on the defensive leftovers, because some of these dudes are going to surprise.  Our staff and FO just have to identify who the surprises will be.

idk running backs drop all the time a bunch of people said running backs were going early last year but didnt so im sure he can fall to us

Lance pro day made me a fan but last night I watched Fields highlights. You forget how talented a passer he is. Dude has a Cannon. He was doing the Wilson pro day one foot across the body throws in the Game. I can’t wait to see his pro day. If he falls to us he will have a chip on his shoulder and out work everyone. Bring him home Fonty

Edited by Bobby Biskie

19 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I agree Fields is better, but if we're drafting to get hometown kids who can pack the seats, we hired the wrong GM and HC.  That's a horrible reason to draft anyone.

I only care about which one is the better QB prospect.  You fill seats by winning.

Yea but the option was between Fields and lance. Not a big gap between the 2 so if I had to choose as the op suggested it would be Fields. Btw at the end of the day its all abt the money!

9 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

idk running backs drop all the time a bunch of people said running backs were going early last year but didnt so im sure he can fall to us

true but I don't think he makes it past the Chiefs

4 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

Yea but the option was between Fields and lance. Not a big gap between the 2 so if I had to choose as the op suggested it would be Fields. Btw at the end of the day its all abt the money!

If the team thinks there isn't a big gap, that's all fine.

But I bet the team has a clear preference between the two.  My preference would be Fields.  But theirs might not be.