OSU pro day

Cole World

All the talk about Mac going 3 but I think it's a good chance it's Justin Fields.

Fields was a part of a qb camp (qb collective) that the Shanahans and McVay ran when Fields was in college.

Another note if not Fields was that Trey Lance was said to run concepts from Shanahans system at his pro day. I know the Jets have Mike McDaniel but could the 49ers have had dialouge about moving up with Lance's camp?

TF and AS are doing their due diligence. They outta be going to all the top QBs pro days. All the top CB pro days. All the top OL pro days and so on. No need to look too far into it. They're doing their job. It's all about trusting their process at this point. Nothing has changed that should've changed our optimism of the new regime. 

1 minute ago, weezy01212 said:

All the talk about Mac going 3 but I think it's a good chance it's Justin Fields.

Fields was a part of a qb camp (qb collective) that the Shanahans and McVay ran when Fields was in college.

Another note if not Fields was that Trey Lance was said to run concepts from Shanahans system at his pro day. I know the Jets have Mike McDaniel but could the 49ers have had dialouge about moving up with Lance's camp?

Yeah Jones could be a total smoke screen. And it was said Lance ran concepts from both coach Smith’s and Shanny's systems. And if I remember Smith’s name was actually mentioned first in the article. Not sure it means anything.

10 minutes ago, weezy01212 said:

Lance and his coaches decided to run plays from ours and Shanahan's offense.  I don't think Arthur Smith or Shanahan had anything to do with it.  I think it's more Lance was just trying to sell himself by running our plays.

7 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Yeah Jones could be a total smoke screen. And it was said Lance ran concepts from both coach Smith’s and Shanny's systems. And if I remember Smith’s name was actually mentioned first in the article. Not sure it means anything.

I forgot Smiths name was mentioned as well. But yeah I doubt it means much. 

7 minutes ago, Cole World said:

It’ll be interesting to see who goes to LSU and who goes to Florida Pro day this Wednesday.

Interest in Pitts and Toney at UF's pro day will be heavy.

I'll honestly be curious if any teams knock players like Chase that opted out last year.

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Please no.... he's the 5th best QB in this draft. 

I disagree but this QB class is the strongest since 2018 and probably the best in some time ... the 3rd or 4th Qb this year would be QB 1 or 2 in most years and they are all top 10 in terms of overall prospects this year

Just now, JetJones11 said:

I disagree but this QB class is the strongest since 2018 and probably the best in some time ... the 3rd or 4th Qb this year would be QB 1 or 2 in most years and they are all top 10 in terms of overall prospects this year

I just can't look past how in 3 of the 8 games he played this year he didn't look very good. None of them were against elite defenses either. 

I know I won't change any minds, but I really feel the top 3 in next year's class is better than this year's class. Things change though. Don't think anyone saw Mac or Wilson being in the top 5 pick discussion either. I'm really just not sold on these guys being as good as others think they will be. Will I be right or wrong? Only time will tell I guess. 

20 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I just can't look past how in 3 of the 8 games he played this year he didn't look very good. None of them were against elite defenses either. 

I know I won't change any minds, but I really feel the top 3 in next year's class is better than this year's class. Things change though. Don't think anyone saw Mac or Wilson being in the top 5 pick discussion either. I'm really just not sold on these guys being as good as others think they will be. Will I be right or wrong? Only time will tell I guess. 

yes, but the media has been hyping it up as the greatest qb class ever, because reasons. this year's class seems to be much deeper than usual, but i've said a few times that this time next year howell will be better than any qb in this class.

Edited by JohnnyFranchise

37 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Please no.... he's the 5th best QB in this draft. 

Word, I don’t want him either.....though sitting two years under Ryan could really develop him and make it worth it in the long run.....possibly.....or he can Jamarcus Russell Or Ryan Lead the world