MLB Covid Thread

AUTiger7222

52 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

This just shows that while amazing progress is being made....we are still not out of the woods yet.

The progress is incredible. Back in December there was 1 empty bed in the entire hospital. It's not a big hospital, just 300 or so beds cause we live out in the country. But anyway, it was full. That was December. By the start of March my wife (she's a CNA) started getting put on call and now the floor she works on has been temporary closed because there's no more patients and no reason for them to have it on. She works weekends and we fear she's not gonna get any hours this weekend. She's already started looking for another job. It's amazing how fast we've gone from one extreme to the other where we live.

Nationals-Mets Series Postponed

By Steve Adams | April 2, 2021 at 12:16pm CDT

12:16pm: Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo tells reporters that the fourth suspected positive has indeed been confirmed (Twitter links via Jesse Dougherty and Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post). The organization currently has 10 individuals in quarantine: the four positive cases and six (five players, one staff member) impacted by contact tracing.

11:23am: Major League Baseball announced Friday that it is postponing the entire weekend series between the Nationals and the Mets to allow for additional testing and contact tracing in the wake of multiple positive Covid-19 tests among the Nationals’ roster. At least three Nationals players tested positive leading up to Opening Day, and the team is said to be awaiting definitive word on what it believes is a fourth positive test.

It would appear, then, that the Mets’ season opener will be pushed back to Monday in Philadelphia. It’s not clear when the Nationals will get underway at this time. The league’s press release indicates only that it will “continue to provide scheduling updates as available.” At the moment, the Nationals are scheduled to host the Braves in a three-game series beginning Monday before traveling to the West Coast to take on the Dodgers next Friday.

Under the league’s 2021 health and safety protocols, an individual who tests positive is subject to a 10-day quarantine period, while close contacts are subject to seven-day quarantines. The first positive test for the Nationals came Monday morning, although the result wasn’t learned by the club until early Wednesday. Details surrounding the additional positives and potential absences — including the identity of the players in question — remain unclear.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Some people forget that getting the vaccine doesn't mean you will never get COVID-19 - it just means you are supposedly far less likely to suffer major illness or death from it.

This is supposedly unrelated to Andrelton Simmons testing positive a few days ago. Rocco Baldelli had a false positive that almost prevented him from being able to travel with the team to Anaheim. Tonight's game was postponed. Tomorrow's game status is up in the air.

• 2 months later...
On 7/11/2021 at 1:23 PM, AUTiger7222 said:

May be an image of text

Lots of BS floating around the Phillies clubhouse. I love the "there has to be some science behind it" quote from Kintzler. Yes, dummy, there's science and it says you're full of it.

1 minute ago, K26dp said:

May be an image of text

Lots of BS floating around the Phillies clubhouse. I love the "there has to be some science behind it" quote from Kintzler. Yes, dummy, there's science and it says you're full of it.

I don't know if I would immediately call it BS. There seems to have some issues with bad reactions to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. I've not heard of any issues with the others but there's been bad side effects linked to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

The FDA is in the process of issuing a warning about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine causing a rare side effect.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/12/new-warning-to-be-added-to-jj-vaccine-over-rare-side-effect/

14 minutes ago, K26dp said:

May be an image of text

This has been my life for the past 16 months in some of my writing. And it's worn me down. I cannot imagine what it's been like for heathcare employees.

I kinda wanna throw Cole Beasley into an active volcano.

2 hours ago, jidady said:

This has been my life for the past 16 months in some of my writing. And it's worn me down. I cannot imagine what it's been like for heathcare employees.

I kinda wanna throw Cole Beasley into an active volcano.

You’ve mentioned your writing on here several times but I don’t know if I’ve ever seen you post exactly what type of content you write and for what kind of publications. If you and I’ve missed it then I apologize before hand, I’m just wondering.

14 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You’ve mentioned your writing on here several times but I don’t know if I’ve ever seen you post exactly what type of content you write and for what kind of publications. If you and I’ve missed it then I apologize before hand, I’m just wondering.

I'm a jack of all trades. I have plenty of friends at publications. So, I've written about everything from ant pesticides to car engine troubles to solar energy. My core writing these days is Disney, economics, streaming services, and Hollywood. I write about 40,000 words a week according to Grammarly, a streak that goes back to the 1990s, and I've written three books.

Sadly, the Disney stuff organically led to Coronavirus discussions in China in January of 2020, which accidentally turned me into a subject matter expert during the pandemic. Last year, I wrote about 15 articles that had more than a million reads, and most of them involved COVID-19 at least somewhat.

A friend of mine is a surgeon in Los Angeles. He was a co-founder and moderator on one of Facebook's main COVID-19 groups for doctors. Some of those stories are the kind I'll never forget and wish I didn't know.

24 minutes ago, jidady said:

I'm a jack of all trades. I have plenty of friends at publications. So, I've written about everything from ant pesticides to car engine troubles to solar energy. My core writing these days is Disney, economics, streaming services, and Hollywood. I write about 40,000 words a week according to Grammarly, a streak that goes back to the 1990s, and I've written three books.

Sadly, the Disney stuff organically led to Coronavirus discussions in China in January of 2020, which accidentally turned me into a subject matter expert during the pandemic. Last year, I wrote about 15 articles that had more than a million reads, and most of them involved COVID-19 at least somewhat.

A friend of mine is a surgeon in Los Angeles. He was a co-founder and moderator on one of Facebook's main COVID-19 groups for doctors. Some of those stories are the kind I'll never forget and wish I didn't know.

So chances are extremely high I’ve read your wrote without ever knowing it.

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

So chances are extremely high I’ve read your wrote without ever knowing it.

Honestly, I don't know about that. The internet probably contains quadrillions of words. Weirdly, it's more likely that you would have read pull quotes from me for another writer. I used to get quoted in publications like USA Today a lot and CNN some, but that was all for box office analysis.