Going to be a sad place here after Rd 1 on Draft day

More and more draft analyst are starting to see Atl going QB in the first rd . And yet 80% of you guys are angry and refuse to believe it . Why? We fired our head coach, our GM and our entire coaching staff . We are building for the future guys . AS is not looking to win next year. He's building for the future. If he loses every game next year, his job is safe. The sooner you guys let go of the past , the clearer you can see our future. Get excited . Let's rebuild, retool , and get behind our new coach and GM .... Just know it's going to take some time. 

6 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

More and more draft analyst are starting to see Atl going QB in the first rd . And yet 80% of you guys are angry and refuse to believe it . Why? We fired our head coach, our GM and our entire coaching staff . We are building for the future guys . AS is not looking to win next year. He's building for the future. If he loses every game next year, his job is safe. The sooner you guys let go of the past , the clearer you can see our future. Get excited . Let's rebuild, retool , and get behind our new coach and GM .... Just know it's going to take some time. 

Why do you feel the need to make a post like this every few days? It's a strange thing for an Atlanta Falcons fan to do. You are an Atlanta Falcons fan, right?

If the Falcons take a QB I'll genuinely be shocked. Regardless of if I want one or not, logically it doesn't make sense to me. QB isn't our problem, we have lots of holes. Logically you trade down if given the option. You also trade down because the 4th pick slots in around 6 million in cap space this year

8 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

This is what we call a strawman argument. Not wanting to take a QB does not equal being angry and refusing to believe it. 

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

Why do you feel the need to make a post like this every few days? It's a strange thing for an Atlanta Falcons fan to do. You are an Atlanta Falcons fan, right?

Yep . Started going to Falcon games in Atlanta Fulton county stadium as a young boy. Was there when Deion ran back his first punt. I was at the Falcons eagles playoff win on Tim Mazzettis field goal win in 78. Witness the fight between Jerry glanville and the red bomber on the field. Saw the fight between June Jones and Jeff George also. But it wasn't really a fight more of argument. Saw all of Mike Vicks home games, and my favorite team of all time the 1991 Falcons with Chris Miller, Andre rison, Michael Haynes, Deion Sanders. I've seen them all dude. And I'm not blind to see what's happening now. So you can say I'm not a fan that's cool. but when something doesn't work it's time to start over again. And that doesn't make you more of a fan than me.

I watch the highlight vids and a few games. During the games I follow the ball, not once have I watched all 58 snaps of the middle linebacker to see if he read the play and was in position had the ball come his way. But like most fans, I do have the `this is what I would do' button in my brain. I can tell everyone that 90% of the time, they don't do what I would do and not once I have gotten sad or angry. However I do shower in gold the other 10% of the time 😁😁 

Edited by nevesmetro

I think I've made my point clear that even if I don't particularly want < insert player X name here > to be < select DRAFTED/SIGNED IN FA >  that I'll still  support that decision if it was made in the team's best interest. That's what most fans do. I'm too old to let the decision making of some folks I'll never talk to face to face get me very upset over a game.

Edited by Geneaut

31 minutes ago, shock said:

It’s gonna be Fields, Lance, Sewell, or Pitts. I’m happy with any one of them. 

Agreed... I'm hesitant on Sewell cuz of the lack of dominant college rushers, so he really wasn't tested. But Pitts is da truth!!! 

I'm imagining an offense that is the opposite of the RPO, where we show pass and then call a draw play while defenders are scrambling to cover Julio, Hurst, Ridley and Pitts downfield

Edited by ramonezy

Just now, SavedByGrace1221 said:

So you can say I'm not a fan that's cool. but when something doesn't work it's time to start over again.

You indicate that we're not looking to win next year. That's never been the mentality of our owner, which means there's little chance he would hire personnel who carry that belief. Ergo, I disagree with your supposition.

Also, I find it quite odd that you keep starting variations of the same thread ad nauseam. It feels like you want negative attention.

If you are a Falcons fan, that's great. Then, you just remind me of the dude I met at Fulton County that time who swore that Bobby Cox was ruining Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine by overusing them. It's okay to see the bright side sometimes.

We're going to be competitive next year because we have an offensive genius calling plays for a perennial Pro Bowl QB. That's good news, right?

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

You indicate that we're not looking to win next year. That's never been the mentality of our owner, which means there's little chance he would hire personnel who carry that belief. Ergo, I disagree with your supposition.

Also, I find it quite odd that you keep starting variations of the same thread ad nauseam. It feels like you want negative attention.

If you are a Falcons fan, that's great. Then, you just remind me of the dude I met at Fulton County that time who swore that Bobby Cox was ruining Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine by overusing them. It's okay to see the bright side sometimes.

We're going to be competitive next year because we have an offensive genius calling plays for a perennial Pro Bowl QB. That's good news, right?

Ok. I see what you're saying. I get it. I do seem negative at times . But I'm so glad we got rid of Quinn. No matter what happens next year.  It will be so refreshing to see a different coach on the sidelines. Now , nothing against the man personally. I wish him and his family blessings. I don't wish bad on no one . But I feel he just wasted so much talent. And I think he wasted talents like Ryan and Julio . But anyway no matter what happens next year is going to be refreshing to me. But what you said about AS, I think we should pump the brakes on him being a genius. Let's see what he can do before we make statements like that.

My gut tells me the priority is to move back. And if we can’t find a trade partner and have to stick with #4, then Pitts makes the most sense.

I just don’t think we want $12M in rookie contracts, with $6M of that standing on the sideline holding a clipboard.

Coaches/GM are only on 3-year contracts. Saying they don’t care about winning right now and building for the future, after restructuring multiple huge money contracts that extend massive dead money across those 3 years, is just asinine and illogical.

And getting Mike Davis means we’re not going for an RB1 in round 2. This clearly means we’re going heavy defense early (but obviously not at #4 as there isn’t any worthy defense there).  Pitts is BPA at #4, IMO. I suspect we have him rated higher than Chase since he fits a dynamic we don’t have and would complement our offense so freaking perfectly.

I won’t be mad if we pick Lance or Fields at #4, either. I just don’t logically see it happening.

I’ll be ecstatic if we trade back and then get 3 defensive picks in the top 40 plus an extra 1st round pick next year. Won’t be mad, though if that doesn’t happen.

Edited by Beef

Yep Pitts seems to be the fans overwhelming favorite. I have seen mocks today and 1 or 2 days ago that had Falcs taking Parsons. Would not like that at 4 trade down get extra picks if you want him.

It's about matchups and Pitts will give secondaries nightmares. Add to that he'll make the others better simply being on the field. Should be interesting which players play well from the beginning.  

• Rings locked this topic