PFF Two Round Mock

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-two-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-san-francisco-49ers-justin-fields-kyle-pitts-joe-burrow-cincinnati-bengals

15. ATLANTA FALCONS (VIA NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS) — WR JAYLEN WADDLE, ALABAMA

Waddle is arguably a better receiver prospect than Henry Ruggs III was coming out of Alabama in 2020. An explosive, dynamic athlete, Waddle ranks inside the top five in yards per route run (3.64) and yards after the catch per reception (11.5) over the past two seasons. Adding him to play inside and split outside reps with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley would give Matt Ryan every reason to lead a top-flight offense in 2021.

3 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

I mean it’s not that much worse of land than chase or Pitts I just feel if we are trading down ( especially that far) safety or defense edge would be much more likely

Agree.  At 15, the hope would be there are some stud defensive players left and we'll get better value on that side of the ball.  If we want offense, I'd rather trade into the top 10 or stand pat and draft our guy at 4.

Hmm, the compensation here says two top-50 picks. In reality, it appears to be just #15 and #46. By the wording, they could mean we'd get another second-round pick next year. Still, that feels a little light.

I'd be more interested if it were #15 and #46 plus a future first. I also don't love what they give us with Waddle, Basham, and Molden. I wouldn't argue with any of those picks per se, but it feels like we'd be a bit unlucky if the draft fell that way.

Waddle would definitely be BPA in that scenario.

18 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

He is a blur, but did you see him in the Natty? Looked like his wheels were falling off.

I'd love to have him but only if the doctors sign off 100%

That Natty game was like 5 weeks after he had surgery on his mcl or acl, i don't remember which one.  Nobody thought he was actually going to play and he probably shouldn't have.  That was his first game back and he only started practicing the week before.

Just now, FalconDiddly18 said:

I think we should be acting like we're going to take chase and make the Bengals trade with us.

I believe the Bengals are in the best shape of anybody. They can take either Chase or whichever OT they rank the highest at #5. The board has broken perfectly for them. And it could go even better if/when a QB goes at #4. They could feasibly drop to #8 in a flip with Carolina, one requiring an overpay. Then, they'd still get one of Chase, Sewell, or Slater with five QBs going off the board ahead of them.

There is other talent at 15 that would be better value and fit. If it fell like this, there's no way that we pass on Fairley. If there is a run on edge prospects, I can see Basham with 2a, but we'd go safety with 2b. According to this mock, Grant and Holland would be there.

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

I cannot fathom how people look at this team and say, “oh yeah they need another wide receiver...”

It seems like everyone says that, too. Like every mock is almost always on offense. 

Are we just supposed to put up 50 every game and say **** the defense? That didn't work out well in the Super Bowl. 

17 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

That Natty game was like 5 weeks after he had surgery on his mcl or acl, i don't remember which one.  Nobody thought he was actually going to play and he probably shouldn't have.  That was his first game back and he only started practicing the week before.

He had a fractured right ankle that was surgically repaired the previous October. The 2021 NCAA National Championship was on January 14, 2021.

He could not hardly walk. I'm not saying he's damaged goods, I just want to know that he's 100% before taking him that high.

The kid is a BURNER...returns punts like his hair is on fire...

29 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

If we go WR, I just want Chase at #4. 

Yes I'm all-in on Chase at #4 but I don't want any other WR until maybe the 3rd round. 

If I absolutely have to make a pick here, it is some combo of Newsome, Moehrig, or Barmore. 

Edited by Summerhill

1 minute ago, Doug Carlton said:

He had a fractured right ankle that was surgically repaired the previous October. The 2021 NCAA National Championship was on January 14, 2021.

He could not hardly walk. I'm not saying he's damaged goods, I just want to know that he's 100% before taking him that high.

The kid is a BURNER...returns punts like his hair is on fire...

Ok, so he injured his ankle on Oct 24 with a broken ankle.  The championship is jan 14.   So 81 days if I'm correct?  The dude broke his ankle and played in a game 81 days later