Miami Pro Day

6 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

I don't know if I would say that. Health not being an issue, I would say Rousseau's ceiling is Carlos Dunlap as a 9-sack per season 2-way DE. Phillips looks like a Justin Houston 15-sack per year at his peak. 

I can say it for you lol. I know both of these players very very well. Rousseau is being compared to Calais Campbell. That’s his comp. His pro day numbers are almost identical to Calais

2 minutes ago, Macintez said:

It’s all about coaching... If he interviews a guy and finds he’s competent enough to play the position then you take him. Star defensive Coordinators on other teams will see the same thing. Also, we’ve seen players that have the perfect “Skill set” coming out of college ala Vic Beasley, straight up bust. If our scouts and coaches evaluate him and feel he has the mentality for the position and that he can make an impact day one? Take him.

Vic should have been so much better smh. But he doesn’t love football. Jaelan you don’t have to worry about that. He loves it

17 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

You mean Isaiah Simmons. But a big part of Simmons' problem is sometimes when you are said to be a positionless player, you're actually a positionless player. We know exactly what position Phillips would play. 

Yeah Simmons, not Wilson. But again, hold zero stock into that post. Strictly talking about how I refuse to take that chart serious. It's kinda how I view mocks too

7 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I can say it for you lol. I know both of these players very very well. Rousseau is being compared to Calais Campbell. That’s his comp. His pro day numbers are almost identical to Calais

Campbell was 290 lbs at his Combine. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah Simmons, not Wilson. But again, hold zero stock into that post. Strictly talking about how I refuse to take that chart serious. It's kinda how I view mocks too

There's nothing wrong with the chart. Von Miller scored a 9.97. But it is obviously only part of a player's evaluation. 

10 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Vic should have been so much better smh. But he doesn’t love football. Jaelan you don’t have to worry about that. He loves it

That is definitely the problem we had with Beasley and Jamaal Anderson. They weren't in love with football the way that most great players need to be. Beasley's lack of passion for the sport clearly drove Dwight Freeney crazy.

And then we had Takk, who was just a pinhead. More than anything else, these are the things we need to contemplate with our scouting reports.

Just now, Summerhill said:

There's nothing wrong with the chart. Von Miller scored a 9.97. But it is obviously only part of a player's evaluation. 

Lol, You really have no clue how little I take anything pre draft serious. Attempting to have a serious conversation with me about anything pre draft is a waste of your time. I'm saving you finger stress

Brett Kollmann is pretty high on Phillips. Says he might as well be another Watt brother. I think Kollmann has some of best analysis Youtube has to offer. He's not always right, but he's great at breaking down film and showing you what he's talking about.

Worth a watch if you've got 15 minutes.