16 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

after looking at this clip, I think AS can forget a RB in the begining of the draft and focus on other critical positions. Then if a RB he likes in later rounds comes to him, he can grab him.

Team still needs another RB that is capable of starting. Our RB room is one of the weakest in the league.

19 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

after looking at this clip, I think AS can forget a RB in the begining of the draft and focus on other critical positions. Then if a RB he likes in later rounds comes to him, he can grab him.

It depends on what we have with Ito Smith and Quadree Ollison.  I do not trust the old and departed coaching and GM staff to have properly analyzed these players.  However, I do not trust the players who have not made significant contributions in past season.  I guess that is a long winded way of saying I do not know what we have behind Davis.  I hope TF and AS have made some conclusions and know if they need another RB.

Mike Davis is definitely going to be our starter in 2021. I think we pick up an additional back in round 3-5. People are sleeping on Davis but I think he will be the most productive free agent running back picked up this off-season. As long as we address our line some more that is. 

32 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

I don’t think it’s a matter of when, but whether. What this move does is free us up to take a RB at any pick if we like the player, but not have to take a RB at any position if we don’t. 

11 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Really hope we come out of this with Davis as our RB2. And I like him and the signing a lot. I can see him getting 1,000 yards on touches but I'll be surprised if he gets it on carries.

i can see that too. i've said before that i don't see us having a 2,000-yard back, but i could see RB by committee putting up 2000+ yards.

Really love this signing. Even running DKs offense last season, if we had Davis instead of Gurley I think we could have finished in a lot of the close games we lost. 

The defense may not be great next season, but I hope it is and I know they are working hard to rebuild it, but if Davis can bring to the falcons what he brought to the panthers, than it's gonna help the team a lot by just keeping our defense off the field and fresh in the 4th quarter. That's something we have really been lacking.

Edited by Exp
Just now, Exp said:

Really love this signing. Even running DKs offense last season, if we had Davis instead of Gurley I think we could have finished in a lot of the close games we lost. 

The defense may not be great next season, but I hope it is and I know they working hard to rebuild it, but Davis can bring to the falcons what he brought to the panthers, than it's gonna help the team a lot by just keeping our defense off the field and fresh in the 4th quarter. That's something we have really been lacking.

💯

defense will look a lot better with a running back (and scheme) that can close out games, and the first half for that matter.

Good news is he has only 537 touches in his career.  He has very little wear and tear and if he can replicate last years results may still have a good career ahead 3-4 seasons of solid ball as a late bloomer.  He also will likely split time in Atlanta no matter when we draft his running mate giving him even more potential longevity.  He bet on himself kept going from team to team then took over from McCaffrey.  Earned himself a small deal here and is betting on himself again.  Fan of the signing think he may be a force just simply because he is looking to prove himself.   Love a story like this a workman mentality something our team has lacked too many years without true competition left our team stagnant and lacking depth need some guys like Davis/Copeland/Moreau/Mingo who keep clinging to roster spots year after year to teach our boys how to go out and earn opportunities and fight for playing time.  I'm a fan of the vision for out team lots of veterans who have had to go out and take starting jobs in the past.  Hope we take a similiar draft approach get all the talent you can and let the players sort out whose on the roster with play instead of reputation.