Gil Brandt has heard "Justin Field 4th round talent"

I get that. He has raised questions for me over the years.

I freely admit I absolutely have not gotten over his running away from competition at GA to be handed a job without earning it. It tells me he prefers the easy path that’s less work.

Someone with his much greater talent, and a fire in his belly would’ve taken that job from Fromm by mid season of his sophomore year. Instead, he left.

He also has some mechanical issues that remind me of Cam. Especially that back foot throwing he does at times. He also processes progressions slower than the other guys, IMO. 

Add to that he runs in a way that, like Cam, might rob him of long term success. 

I wish him a successful career (assuming it’s not a team I hate), but I don’t want him here. 

4 minutes ago, insight said:

This is the worst type of Journalism.  Instead of saying " I heard" why not obtain more information why they have him rated low on their board.   Teams are putting out all types of smoke screens, saying "I heard" is fishing for clicks not reporting.

Yep.  Lazy.

13 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I get that. He has raised questions for me over the years.

I freely admit I absolutely have not gotten over his running away from competition at GA to be handed a job without earning it. It tells me he prefers the easy path that’s less work.

Someone with his much greater talent, and a fire in his belly would’ve taken that job from Fromm by mid season of his sophomore year. Instead, he left.

He also has some mechanical issues that remind me of Cam. Especially that back foot throwing he does at times. He also processes progressions slower than the other guys, IMO. 

Add to that he runs in a way that, like Cam, might rob him of long term success. 

I wish him a successful career (assuming it’s not a team I hate), but I don’t want him here. 

Not sure he ran away from competition, Kirby's offense was a mess and they had no idea what to do with Justin Fields. Georgia tried to use him like Cam Newton but that wasn't how he played in highschool. 

FYI, 

I didn't like how he left Georgia either but I don't think it was a Jacob Eason or Jamie Newman situation. 

Edited by insight

This is typical click baity BS that pops up at this time of the year. I have no doubt Gil Brandt heard that, but if he did it was because somebody wanted to see him drop closer to their pick slot. As said before, without a reason as to why he is a 4th round talent, this is as stupid as Cam Newton's "fake" smile before he was drafted.

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Somehow, I doubt 89-year-old Gil Brandt is fishing for clicks.

I'd be seriously impressed if he even knew what that means.

Do you believe he actually posted those comments on twitter? The organization knows exactly how to monetize his name and brand.  Clicks and followers is the revenue stream. 

39 minutes ago, atljbo said:

i like Gil but this is just craziness

Pure craziness. Their can't possibly be that big of a gap between NFL staffs. Someone is just full of crap or incompetent. Even if you don't think he is a top 10 talent, nobody honestly thinks he is a 4th round talent. 

Edited by isproab

3 minutes ago, isproab said:

Pure craziness. Their can't possibly be that big of a gap between NFL staffs. Someone is just full of crap or incompetent. Even if you don't think he is a top 10 talent, nobody honestly thinks he is a 4th round talent. 

I could see it if you have a team that relies on a QB who progresses his reads quickly and can anticipate the Wrs routes and throw ahead a time. Those are 2 of his biggest weaknesses