2021 NFL Draft

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The real winner this weekend was Matt Ryan. Everyone figured he was as good as done and the front office and coaching staff said nah.

was going to post this at some point..matt 10,000 percent won this week..stephen a smith and whoever else been constantly bashing matt can go sit TF down in the corner.i feel like we had a **** good draft and im excited to get these guys in and see if they can compete

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

My professional and highly informed opinion on the draft is this:

This was the best draft in Falcons history and every one of those players will be a starter before Spring Training starts.  This team is going to the Super Bowl next year, we’re going to win, and we’re going to win four Super Bowls in a row.  I could not be more stoked about this new coaches/management and their 100% unquestionable genius in picking players in the draft!!

Alternatively, this is the worst draft of any team in any draft ever.  Every single player will be a complete bust and won’t even make the team, let alone the practice squad, this year.  At best, we’ll go 2-14 next year and maybe not win a single game at all next year, or the year after, or the year after that.  It will take at least a decade before we are ever in the playoffs again, and only after we fire the entire coaching and management staff, get rid of all current players, and start from the ground up!

You can take that to the bank!

I can see this being the Steve Wyche write up tomorrow. :lol:

8 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Man, Marvin Wilson went from  a shoe-in first round pick last year had he not decided to go back to FSU, to maybe not even getting drafted. 

I feel for him.

I'll never understand why they go back when they have top 60 grades, unless they aren't ready for adult responsibility and really enjoy college life. I'm not sure I would be ready for that leap at 20/21/22 even with the money added.

29 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

We don't need a QB and there are better FA RBs available than end of draft leftovers. There will also be players at each position available as UDFA.

We absolutely do need a qb.

We do not need a starter but we only have Ryan and Maccaron...who's only real attribute is having a really nice looking wife.

The 6th round was a perfect spot for a guy like Newman.

I can see not drafting a back..we signed Davis and Patterson and we have Ollison and James already

1 minute ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

lol maybe its the start of change..maybe.

It’s crazy, really. I’ve been on AFMB since day one, now decades ago. This was the most fun, and least controversial watch party thread I’ve seen. 

If the troublemakers were out there lurking, they didn’t cause trouble much in here. It was some Matthew McConaughey level chill. 😄

15 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Why does it seem like the Bengals always have a really nice draft on paper.

.....but haven't won a playoff game in over 31 years?

I remember after the 2014 draft everyone was envious of the Texans draft......within a couple years most of their guys were gone.

4 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

It’s crazy, really. I’ve been on AFMB since day one, now decades ago. This was the most fun, and least controversial watch party thread I’ve seen. 

If the troublemakers were out there lurking, they didn’t cause trouble much in here. It was some Matthew McConaughey level chill. 😄

if its mconaughey chill..you gots to know its chill lol but yeah ive around for years just lurking and ive seen the bad and it was legit fun the last few days fr just people talking joking it was cool..im happy with the draft i cant wait to see the rooks in action. 

9 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

We absolutely do need a qb.

We do not need a starter but we only have Ryan and Maccaron...who's only real attribute is having a really nice looking wife.

The 6th round was a perfect spot for a guy like Newman.

I can see not drafting a back..we signed Davis and Patterson and we have Ollison and James already

Not to jinx anyone but how many games has Ryan missed? AJ can carry the water for a game or two if necessary.

No matter who else they put on the roster, we are screwed if we lose Ice for a long period if time. Newman, UDFA or whatever are all about the same. PS, human podiums, carrying tablets, cheering on the sidelines.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yeah, I'm just a few yards from my dock and boat, but I'm hanging in because I'm pumped up. This to me is like gameday threads...I love them.

Nice! I’m dressed to hit the walking/half-*** jogging trail but so far I haven’t moved. 😄