2021 NFL Draft

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Powell is gone now that we have patterson and avery for returns. 

Darby will be our 5th/6th WR

Don’t get why we did not draft a QB or RB

We don't need a QB and there are better FA RBs available than end of draft leftovers. There will also be players at each position available as UDFA.

Seems CBS was pretty high on Darby as well they had him ranked as their 136th best player in the draft and around a late 4th to early 5th round guy.   He was rated around or ahead of guys like Marvin Wilson, Stone forsythe, Kyllian Hill, Nico Collins, Shaun wade,Kellen Mond, Ben Cleveland, Chubba Hubbard, and Cade Johnson. 

Those are all guys i know people liked and linked here much earlier than the 6th round so the value we got on Darby is quite good all things considered.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's a possession type WR, not a playmaker type. Gage doesn't have anything to worry about, but maybe Darby is a good ST's guy? 

could be, his highlights are all deep bombs but the timed speed doesnt correlate to a NFl deep threat. We will see I guess. Shi Smith was still available and runs 4.4

Starter at TE. Starter at S. Contibutors/fringe starters at DE. Starter from 1 of the offensive linemen. Punt returner.

Laid out like that is a solid draft.

Have to add a running back somewhere and I'm still baffled how Terry hasn't extended Ridley by now.

5 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I’m hoping they told guys like Felton and Gowan, for instance, that we are very interested if they are undrafted. 

Hard to believe Gowan has lasted this long. And I don't think our front office was as worried about RBs as the rest of us were. Still doesn't mean a FA RB will not be signed.

My professional and highly informed opinion on the draft is this:

This was the best draft in Falcons history and every one of those players will be a starter before Spring Training starts.  This team is going to the Super Bowl next year, we’re going to win, and we’re going to win four Super Bowls in a row.  I could not be more stoked about this new coaches/management and their 100% unquestionable genius in picking players in the draft!!

Alternatively, this is the worst draft of any team in any draft ever.  Every single player will be a complete bust and won’t even make the team, let alone the practice squad, this year.  At best, we’ll go 2-14 next year and maybe not win a single game at all next year, or the year after, or the year after that.  It will take at least a decade before we are ever in the playoffs again, and only after we fire the entire coaching and management staff, get rid of all current players, and start from the ground up!

You can take that to the bank!

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's a possession type WR, not a playmaker type. Gage doesn't have anything to worry about, but maybe Darby is a good ST's guy? 

We also have to face facts. Gage will likely get paid more by someone than we want to pay, like Gabriel did, one of these days. Best to have another in the pipeline.

Just now, Jesus said:

The real winner this weekend was Matt Ryan. Everyone figured he was as good as done and the front office and coaching staff said nah.

Absolutely and now he needs to do a team friendly 2 year extension so we can get some cap room

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I know it's the end of the draft so who cares but really wish they would have thrown a flier on another lineman, LBer or RB... 

Falcons draft this type of player every year... just turns into a wasted pick most of the time. 

Good for the dude getting drafted, tho. 

1 minute ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Just because you watch YouTube videos that doesn’t make you a scout. People go crazy because the coach and GM didn’t pick someone who was in their Mock draft. 

Well I, for one, think they should always do exactly what I’d do. 😄😎

2 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

We also have to face facts. Gage will likely get paid more by someone than we want to pay, like Gabriel did, one of these days. Best to have another in the pipeline.

Definitely