Marcus Spears says Falcons drafting a QB should be a no brainer.

Don’t let the title fool you. There is a lot of talking points that mirror that of those on the message boards, myself included, as to why selecting a QB might be a good option. Granted, it’s not our only option, but it is an option as mentioned in the video. They also talk about the potential impact of Kyle Pitts and if trading up is an option. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well no ****, there's only one on the roster right now and the Falcons have little cap space to work with. I don't think anyone is saying that the Falcons shouldn't draft a QB at all.

Don’t let the title fool you. There is a lot of talking points that mirror that of those on the message boards, myself included, as to why selecting a QB might be a good option. Granted, it’s not our

Did anyone tell him no **** sherlock?

2 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

Well no ****, there's only one on the roster right now and the Falcons have little cap space to work with. I don't think anyone is saying that the Falcons shouldn't draft a QB at all.

Exactly. There's some good 2nd/3rd and even potentially 4th round QB's who can field a roster spot. And better than Kurt Benkert

We really have too many holes on the roster to worry about the QB 2-3 years from now. They need to be successful in the first couple years or else the QB situation will be the next GM/Coaching staff's problem. The only reason to draft a QB at #4 is if they think it's the best QB they've evaluated and is the best player option at #4, like a Mahomes taking over for Smith type QB. 

1 minute ago, FalconDiddly18 said:

We really have too many holes on the roster to worry about the QB 2-3 years from now. They need to be successful in the first couple years or else the QB situation will be the next GM/Coaching staff's problem. The only reason to draft a QB at #4 is if they think it's the best QB they've evaluated and is the best player option at #4, like a Mahomes taking over for Smith type QB. 

There's also a hole at qb behind matt

36 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Don’t let the title fool you. There is a lot of talking points that mirror that of those on the message boards, myself included, as to why selecting a QB might be a good option. Granted, it’s not our only option, but it is an option as mentioned in the video. They also talk about the potential impact of Kyle Pitts and if trading up is an option. 

Well I guess he's gonna be big mad when we don't draft a qb too then huh?

6 minutes ago, FalconDiddly18 said:

Ding ding ding. 3 safeties on the roster, one starting quality CB, no pass rushers, no LG, and an unproven C that AS and TF clearly aren't high on. Taking a QB at #4 who as you said, won't start for another 2-3 years would be borderline idiotic. 

To the folks that say 'Rodgers and Mahomes sat behind vets', the Packers were coming off 4 straight playoff berths, while the Chiefs were coming off 3 straight playoff berths. Both teams were already talented with little holes in their rosters, they had the luxury of using a 1st rounder on a QB that could sit for a few years....we don't have that luxury. 

20 minutes ago, FalconDiddly18 said:

Probably don't need to worry about the playoffs, let alone SB appearance the next 2 years either. So, if your new regime in fact has eyes to the future(nobody has this answer yet, not a single person on this board), then would a QB at #4 make sense if their guy was there?

1 minute ago, PointSwayzee said:

Probably don't need to worry about the playoffs, let alone SB appearance the next 2 years either. So, if your new regime in fact has eyes to the future(nobody has this answer yet, not a single person on this board), then would a QB at #4 make sense if their guy was there?

If we have 2 straight losing seasons this coaching staff is going to be on the hot seat. If we have 3 seasons without a playoff appearance they're gone.

4 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

I don't think QB is off the board at 4.  I guess it's predicated on who they like who will be there.  I get the feeling from watching FA so far, that a QB in the mid rounds is the goal.  But, if TF is a man of his word (so far, so good) he may see their BPA as a QB at 4.  

Truthfully, nothing is off the board.  I don't see a trade up though.