Davis Mills

6 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Assuming the Falcons manage to trade down in the 1st and acquire at least an additional 2nd and 3rd this year, I'd love to see them double dip at QB in the middle rounds. Bring in two rookies and use Ryan's remaining years to figure out which of the two is the best option. 

I agree with picking a mid-round QB with all the holes we have to fill and Ryan clearly being around for probably at least the next 2 years... but double-dipping doesn't sounds like a good idea.  We need too many players to spend 2 of our draft picks on backup QBs.   Pick one with a pick and up another undrafted guy after the draft and let them fight it out.   Keep the other as a practice squad player to develop.  

1 hour ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Assuming the Falcons manage to trade down in the 1st and acquire at least an additional 2nd and 3rd this year, I'd love to see them double dip at QB in the middle rounds. Bring in two rookies and use Ryan's remaining years to figure out which of the two is the best option. 

Living up to your name I see lol

When he's there +100 for us, I usually take him. He seems to have the tools to succeed in this offense more than some of the other bargain bin draftable QBs. 

BTW, I still don't get why they'd just cut Benkert loose without even keeping him for a camp body. For Qb room continuity sake if nothing else. That one didn't make much sense. Did he rob TF's grandma or something?

10 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

When he's there +100 for us, I usually take him. He seems to have the tools to succeed in this offense more than some of the other bargain bin draftable QBs. 

BTW, I still don't get why they'd just cut Benkert loose without even keeping him for a camp body. For Qb room continuity sake if nothing else. That one didn't make much sense. Did he rob TF's grandma or something?

He may be a boomerang tbh, come back and stash him on PS...I don't know that just a thought.

2 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

That would be interesting.  Unexpected, but interesting.

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

I think Benkert was cut because of the futures contract.  Why pay it if he is not scheme built?  That's my thinking.  

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

That would be interesting.  Unexpected, but interesting.

My support of the "trade down and acquire more picks" has been because I believe drafting is more like the lottery than an exact science - failure on some picks is guaranteed, but the more picks you have, the better your odds of striking gold. 

Given that there is no more important position than QB, why not give your team more chances to strike gold?

I'd only advocate it in a world where ATL has at least 5 other picks in the first 3 rounds (a 1st, two 2nd, two 3rd). But I don't think it's as crazy as some may initially assume. 

5 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Yeah, this kid may be a decent backup.  It's like looking right at Matt Ryan watching this kid play.

And he’s bigger stronger and faster with a better arm. Third rd could end up a steal 

Edited by Atl Falcon