Jump to content

How good would Sewell make our offensive line?


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t think Sewell is bad. He is freak of an athlete and showed flashes of domination. IMO has the highest upside of any one in the top of the draft. Just not sure what he would be when he gets in his twenties. 

Yeah he didn't say he was bad just said only think he looked great at was pulling and blowing smaller guys up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

- He aint beating Jake out at LT

- He may or may not beat McGary out at RT

- He may or may not be able to play LG

- If he beats McGary out at RT, McGary can't play inside (in my opinion)

- Don't know if he can start at LG day 1

Conclusion:

He either beats McGary out at RT which makes McGary sit the bench or he comes in and starts at LG. 

I'm more curious if he can play inside or not and tbh I can't say if he will or won't. A part of me thinks he can't because he is so light on his feet and is such a good mover in space that he is better suited for the outside. With all that said, he hasn't played in a year so iono. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I watched a video on Sewell and someone evaluating him and wasn't to impressed. Now I did not watch him and by no means an expert. What the guy was saying though he only dominated people when he would pull. It was usualy LBers, Corners, Safetys etc. The person said Sewell did not dominate other lineman like he thought a top guy would. Also said if he did play G, he thought he would struggle against the stronger DTs.

Whomever that wasn’t impressed is an idiot. Guy is just flat out dominant. Doesn’t matter who is in front of him. Dude was 17 years old straight embarrassing guys in college. Go look what he did against Auburn and what the Auburn players said about him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Any QB is always a gamble with too many variables. Brett Favre would have been bust in ATL. I love Sewell and he has shown the flashes of flat out domination. He is just 19 with not a lot of playing time.

I got ya man. Definitely young and inexperienced. But man the upside to him is Hall of Fame

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do we really need Sewell? Or do you think Arthur Smith can work with what we have on the offensive line and address another need with our first pick?

Arthur can make-do and enlist a new enforcer without him, but Sewell no doubt makes the line instantly better.

If they truly are all-in on Ryan for the next few seasons, then Sewell becomes a life preserver. Let’s say Sewell’s upside comes to fruition, then he’s most likely around for the next QB and then some.

All Cap circumstances aside and if BPA is meant verbatim, then I’m certainly open to upgrading elsewhere on the team where there may be better fit at four.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

But didn’t you know?! K00LPhalconzPhan69420 says drafting a TE in the first round is like the worst idea ever!! Surely he’ll bust! Just look at the other 5 examples in the past 15 years! Disregard their qb, play caller, wide receivers around them! If teams such as the Bengals and Lions can’t developed first round TE’s who can?!? 

I dunno, those are clearly the smartest teams ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sewell would solidify our offensive line up for a season or two. I doubt we resign Matthews after his next contract, so I could see him getting traded his final year for some draft capital. Which also makes Sewell the perfect candidate to take over the LT position. This could have a nice impact on our team as we get a big contract off of our books, plus gain additional draft picks. These picks could be used to find our next LG, or we could use the cap space to sign one in FA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

There are so many variables, it is hard to know. I personally think Sewell will help our line a great deal, and he is who I'd pick.  That being said, no pick is a guarantee. I'll let the powers that be make the pick, and then support it. 

Picking at 4, you hope to add someone you can plug in for the next 10 years, and I think Sewell is that type of player.

I think top 10 you hope for a 10 year starter, but top 4 you are looking for HoF talent. Obviously getting a solid 10 yr starter is still nice, but the goal is to aim for the stars with that pick. When I went over the recent history (last 20 years) of picks I was surprised to find that HoF caliber linemen are actually rare as ****, there was like 1 or 2 picked there the last 20 years, but on the flipside almost every single lineman picked top 5 went on be at the very least solid.... very, very few were outright busts (non starting caliber). So out of all posibilities I think going Sewell is probably the "safest" pick and on the other side of the spectrum QB is probably the least safe pick as it has by far the highest bust rate of any position in football (DE is second highest). 

I think this year if we stand pat at 4 the clear BPAs are either Sewell or Pitts, and I would be totally fine with either if we can't trade down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Whomever that wasn’t impressed is an idiot. Guy is just flat out dominant. Doesn’t matter who is in front of him. Dude was 17 years old straight embarrassing guys in college. Go look what he did against Auburn and what the Auburn players said about him

Yeah I really know nothing about the dude. Even if Sewell is that good I still think its somewhat a wasted pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Yeah I really know nothing about the dude. Even if Sewell is that good I still think its somewhat a wasted pick. 

Nah stacking talent can never be wasted. Sewell will be the 2nd best player drafted in the top 10 after Trevor Lawrence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Nah stacking talent can never be wasted. Sewell will be the 2nd best player drafted in the top 10 after Trevor Lawrence. 

I hear you, just my thought though to early to give up on Kaleb and Jake is still really good and has several more years. Would you play him at G? I don’t like taking a G that high. You can get a good G later. Plus we need a lot. I know you don’t won’t to be trapped drafting for need, but at 4 you can get a lot of great players that we need more of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I hear you, just my thought though to early to give up on Kaleb and Jake is still really good and has several more years. Would you play him at G? I don’t like taking a G that high. You can get a good G later. Plus we need a lot. I know you don’t won’t to be trapped drafting for need, but at 4 you can get a lot of great players that we need more of.

Not picking Sewell because you’re not ready to give up on McGary is like not picking Julio because you’re not sure about Michael Jenkins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I hear you, just my thought though to early to give up on Kaleb and Jake is still really good and has several more years. Would you play him at G? I don’t like taking a G that high. You can get a good G later. Plus we need a lot. I know you don’t won’t to be trapped drafting for need, but at 4 you can get a lot of great players that we need more of.

I understand your concerned. Depends on how the new regime values Jake or Kaleb.  For all we know they might not be as high on them as the old regime 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I understand your concerned. Depends on how the new regime values Jake or Kaleb.  For all we know they might not be as high on them as the old regime 

Oh I get it if AS thinks we need to move on from Kaleb then I get it. Hes improved though and should do better in this new scheme. I totaly get Sewell is going to be better than Jake and Kaleb, but I prefer to get a G later on and draft BPA that is somewhat a need. TE, WR, CB etc. I might would even take a QB before Sewell. Now I wouldn't be mad about Sewell, because having a great o-line never hurt. I honestly wished there was a stud pass rusher we could take. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Oh I get it if AS thinks we need to move on from Kaleb then I get it. Hes improved though and should do better in this new scheme. I totaly get Sewell is going to be better than Jake and Kaleb, but I prefer to get a G later on and draft BPA that is somewhat a need. TE, WR, CB etc. I might would even take a QB before Sewell. Now I wouldn't be mad about Sewell, because having a great o-line never hurt. I honestly wished there was a stud pass rusher we could take. 

Same here. The one I like the most has injury concerns though and that’s Jaelan Phillips 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...