1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

In a way he actually does. Hes a nasty runner with eyes on the back of his head. He has burst and power. Now get Ollison and Ito in the mix, maybe a draft pick and we are good 

Poorly worded on my end.  I just meant he isn't a Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb type back who is a game changer all on his own.

I didn't mean he doesn't improve the team drastically.  That's mostly because RB is a huge hole for us, but still -- he is an upgrade over what we had last season, by a wide margin.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good move ... as much as I like Najee or Williams... I think this free us up for the first 2 or 3 rounds to look at other positions of need.     

This is the FA RB I wanted. Dude ran hard last season. I think he becomes a fan favorite quick in Atlanta. Non-stop motor. Great move.    Font'd

No disrespect to Gurley but yea he is a better back      

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Hubbard would be a good compliment to him. 

Williams is my favorite back in the draft and would be my preference, but Hubbard could be had with a much later draft pick.  I think he or Sermon (another guy likely to be in later rounds) would pair really well with Davis if we don't spend earlier draft capital on someone like Williams.  

Wow. I had him in fantasy last year as a late pickup and he absolutely saved my season. Until he got hurt, he was a consistent stat monster and one of their most important players. I still want somebody in the draft, but I think AS can get great mileage out of Davis if he can get the line to do its part.

1 hour ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Agreed.  That is why I said I don't want to discredit Davis.  I think he is going to bring a tough, hard charging, tackle breaking element to our offense that has been missing for quite a while.  My point was just that he is that we should not expect him to be the big play guy Turner was.  Goal line, short yardage, grind it out, first down after first down clock running is what we can expect from Davis.  

I think the Turner reference was mainly due to the age and low mileage.  I like Davis, but they shouldn't be compared as equals. 

30 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Williams is my favorite back in the draft and would be my preference, but Hubbard could be had with a much later draft pick.  I think he or Sermon (another guy likely to be in later rounds) would pair really well with Davis if we don't spend earlier draft capital on someone like Williams.  

Agreed.

Before Davis signing, I wanted one of Big 3 (Najee, Etienne, Williams) for RB1. But we have a lot of other needs, and Davis signing now makes RB a little less pressing. So yes, Sermon or Hubbard as RB2.

4 hours ago, JDaveG said:

People keep talking about Turner.  The guy this cat reminds me of is Jason Snelling.  From where I sit, that's high praise too.  Snelling was also a guy who just went out and did his job.  Well.

That is a much better comparison than Turner.  Snelling was great at what he did even if he was never a star or lead back.  He got us yards when we needed them and just generally did good things for us.  I think Davis can absolutely fill that role. Especially if we team him with a rookie and Ito/Ollison.  

6 hours ago, Jesus said:

Davis isn't a starter. But since Smith talked about doing a running back by committee he will be one piece. Question is what does this mean for Ollison? He's probably on the way out. Still going to draft an RB some where.

This probably just singles that RB is not going to be a high need. With so many starters needed at key positions this pushes RB down the draft board. 

20 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Lol not ppl praising Ito and Ollison, my God. Let’s draft someone new. RB is the easiest position to get accustomed to the nfl. We are not stuck w those two nobodies lol stop settling 

We have no clue what Ollie is and Ito can't stay healthy.  I do think we will draft someone in addition to Davis though.  Davis is a nice piece, he isn't a nobody.  I like this signing a lot better than the Gurley signing, which I hated.

Just now, athell said:

We have no clue what Ollie is and Ito can't stay healthy.  I do think we will draft someone in addition to Davis though.  Davis is a nice piece, he isn't a nobody.  I like this signing a lot better than the Gurley signing, which I hated.

Def a nice piece as far as when I said 2 nobodies I meant Ito and Ollison cuz that’s what they are as of now. And yeah I just hope Davis is a piece rather than THE guy. I’m ok w the signing but not ecstatic