How have we not restructured Grady’s deal??

This is absolutely mind blowing. We could get ~$10 million in cap space by doing this. Grady is a top talent player in the league, he’s gonna be here for the long haul and he’s already locked up. It’s literally a no brainer. And to a lesser extent, Deion Jones is in the same boat. Jones has had some injury issues lately but he still has the talent and the deal already in place. 

Fontenot saying he felt like he was forced to restructure Matt is just not the case. Restructure these two players I mention and you double the money you freed up by doing Matt’s deal. Without the con of being further tied to Matt as he enters his twilight years. 

I absolutely want to be ride or die with this new regime, but this decision to not move money around with Grady & Debo is just baffling. That’s valuable cap room we sorely need and to refuse to make it happen is just asinine. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

May be they are talking extension. Extensions take longer than the restructures. Grady can be extended later when rookie class need to be signed. 

That is what I'm thinking! Also they might want to see how they do in the new system. (I think both jerrett and Jones will succeed) but still you have to see. Also we want to see what cap will look like next year and not push money down the line like we did with Ryan. You want to split them up so all the big pay days are not on the same year. 

Because we have more to do than just sign FAs. We still need money after the draft to sign our draft class and have money fore replacement players when players get injured.

Everything will not be done at once. They'll do what they need to when they need to, trying not to do more than they have to and so hurt themselves in future years as little as possible

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

May be they are talking extension. Extensions take longer than the restructures. Grady can be extended later when rookie class need to be signed. 

Maybe Grady and Debo do not want to do an extension right now. With the new TV deals I heard on Sirius radio that the Cap could jump to over 300 Million. Why would they want to do an extension when they could possibly get huge deals in a couple of years

Could be a matter of not wanting to create too much extra cap space.  So let's say Kazee, Mack, Neal, Gurley and that back-up guard we lost all get comp picks.  So if the plan really is to build to the future resist the urge to make space now, so we don't jump in on a bidding war that puts us behind the curve again.  Keep signing one year prove it depth deals pluck the scraps at the end so you don't lose comp picks and then extend Grady right at the draft to create cap space for the rookie class.  Roll the rest to next year when you have the extra draft picks and build up through the draft instead of trying to hit on one big FA as we have tried the last few seasons. 

Not saying this is the plan but if TF is really thinking long term sustainability sustainability could be the play he's making