• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that is impossible not to love as a fan, right? Get sacks, get paid. Everybody wins. Oh wait, it's TATF, I'll find out what's wrong with this deal shortly.

Badass. Fowler's a real one for even agreeing. I hope he hits every mark, and if he does he'll be worth that 2022 number too.

13 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Watching the 2011 Falcons /Saints game on NFL TV right now, and Mularky's offense look 100% better than Koetter's.  Roddy White, Gonzalez, Grimes, Abraham etc. they look like a **** good team.

Saints ended up winning big time. Once again the defense could not stop anyone. Julio and Roddy dropped passes, but other wise the Offense looked good , with Ryan running the no huddle and calling the plays.  Sean Peyton must be a true genius at designing plays, his receivers were usually wide open with no one even close to them, while our WRS , if they got open, usually had someone hit them as they caught the  ball, and that's still true today. I don't know why we don't copy those plays.  I'm hoping the Falcons are competitive again this year, and I sure would like to see a lot of that No Huddle Offense, MR seems to thrive in it.

13 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Watching the 2011 Falcons /Saints game on NFL TV right now, and Mularky's offense look 100% better than Koetter's.  Roddy White, Gonzalez, Grimes, Abraham etc. they look like a **** good team.

What ??  We cain't say **** on here ???  Well just dayum.   Tain't right when a grown man cain't cuss and spit when he needs to.  LOL !

On 3/20/2021 at 10:47 PM, dodge_birds_fan said:

Koetter was terrible.  I think 2012 was just too talented for him to muck up

Looking back it still amazes me he was hired. In 2011 the Jags had the 28th scoring offense and were 32nd in yards with MJD. That's with the 11th ranked scoring defense and 6th ranked defense in yards allowed. He might not have had the talent he had here, but no great or even good offensive coach is going to be dead last in yards with that kind of defense. I think it goes to show Quinn sealed his fate with that hire just like Smitty. 

Edited by Power I
1 hour ago, Power I said:

Looking back it still amazes me he was hired. In 2011 the Jags had the 28th scoring offense and were 32nd in yards with MJD. That's with the 11th ranked scoring defense and 6th ranked defense in yards allowed. He might not have had the talent he had here, but no great or even good offensive coach is going to be dead last in yards with that kind of defense. I think it goes to show Quinn sealed his fate with that hire just like Smitty. 

Totally agree. When he was hired for round 2 I knew it was all over. It just shows how much of the NFL is a buddy system and these bad hires keep getting chances. I think that's why the Quinn Shanahan pairing was so interesting. They never worked together, Shanahan was hired for his talent. Smith had ties to Koetter, then Koetter had ties to ATL from Rnd 1. I still want to know who mad that decision to bring him back and waste 2 years of Ryan and Julio careers.