• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that is impossible not to love as a fan, right? Get sacks, get paid. Everybody wins. Oh wait, it's TATF, I'll find out what's wrong with this deal shortly.

Badass. Fowler's a real one for even agreeing. I hope he hits every mark, and if he does he'll be worth that 2022 number too.

12 minutes ago, high impact said:

Well looks like $1.35.

It is changing as deals are redone. One site has cap space at $523,289 Over the cap has cap space at $2,272,796.

I don't think they have the updated Fowler numbers. OTC looks like it still has his old 21 cap hit up.

35 minutes ago, high impact said:

Well looks like $1.35.

It is changing as deals are redone. One site has cap space at $523,289 Over the cap has cap space at $2,272,796.

That's negative 2.272m on otc, without the Fowler paycut

I think this says a lot about the front office as well.  Getting a player to accept a contract adjustment, and try and accommodate both the players interests along with the franchise.  It's possible it was an ultimatum regarding adjust or be cut, but I assume the FO wants to keep young, talented players and build WITH them.  Hopefully it's the FO building trust, that will extend to other contracts as we move forward.

Gotta love this move. I know Fowler likely didn't have much of a choice, but I still respect it. Betting on himself and having some faith in DP's scheme.

I'm also really glad to see this deal get done because even though Fowler ain't the best DE in the league, there's pretty much zero proven edge depth behind him. The lineup looks way worse without him.

I'm not saying it is happening but I'm wondering if there isn't a little 'wink wink nudge nudge' going on in some of these negotiations.

GM : Dante its a really tight year cap wise with all these covid number. **** tight. We hate to ask you to do this but will you take a look at this proposal we have for you. 

Dante and Agent: Sure. 

GM: I'm just pontificating here while y'all read over that a little ( TF winks at Dante's agent ),  but I'm thinking that dang cap really should rocket up next season. Just rocket up. Sure will be nice. A lot of teams will probably take care of a lot of little things after that happens. Reward those people who helped them this season you know ( TF nudges Dante ) ? Sure will be nice.

Incentives are a very great tool for GMs cause it allows performance based compensation to be pushed to the next year.

It would be very interesting if the Falcons approached JJones with the same sort of deal, incentive could be based on all sorts of measurables at the receiver position.  Could prove very interesting.

5 hours ago, MattM12 said:

Well that is impossible not to love as a fan, right? Get sacks, get paid. Everybody wins.

Oh wait, it's TATF, I'll find out what's wrong with this deal shortly.

Welllllllll.... now he will get 12 sacks and we will sign him to a 4 year 100 mill contract extension.. then he will go back to 3 sacks.  

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

Injuries. You get hurt and there goes your money. 

^This. Arguing the point that all contracts should be incentive based is silly. Not to mention that players have all the leverage.

Either way it’s a win for us. I doubt Fowler touches the top end of his bonuses. I’m wondering though if there’s a stipulation in the contract where he HAS to play a certain percentage/number of downs. 

I’m curious on how that’ll affect packages and personnel. 

7 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Badass. Fowler's a real one for even agreeing. I hope he hits every mark, and if he does he'll be worth that 2022 number too.

Kudo's to Fowler for taking it squarely in the wallet to give the team a chance to sign some more talent in a cash-challenged situation. Hope he balls out and gets redemption and his money.