Jump to content

NFL.com has posted its draft grades and big board for this draft.


Recommended Posts

I'd be interested in hearing the rationale for Nasirildeen being rated so low. I've watched a bunch of film on the safeties this year and from what I've seen he's the best of the crop (not by much, granted). Something I'm missing or not looking for I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, itsryanwonder said:

Pretty much don't need any of those positions.  We should just trade down and get special team players.  Arthur Smith and Fortenot acquired WAY too much talent to even consider drafting in rounds 1 to 3.  I would trade the first 3 picks and load up on rounds 4 - 7.   We just need special team help.  Not only that, with the recent acquisitions of Smith and Copeland, that pretty much rounds out the roster. 

I would trade down from 4 ,, add that to the other picks we already have,, We could end up with the best draft we have ever had.. I don't agree with the fans saying this is a weak draft..  To me its one of the strongest drafts I can remember .:clegg:  I have been trying to figure out who and what positions just because there are so many really Great players. In all our need positions there are plenty of Great players. And I mean great.. If we just hit on most of our picks ,, We'll be a very strong team on opening day. There is no reason why we can't have one of the top five Drafts in this years Draft. And I actually do believe we will. Thanks to the Awesome owner we have..  Thank you AB for doing what needed to be done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Pitts reallly that high? Good lord I don't get it. 

Give me Pitts and Paye in the first round and I'll be a happy fan.. Those are the top 2 picks in my only Mock. Now I will confess, It took me 3 mocks before I got the last one right. But I'd sure love this draft,, The QB I want is in the third rd. Fla. QB Kyle Trask 6-5, 240 and had 68 TDs and over 7000 yards in the Last 2 years !!! Dudes.. this is the future QB the Falcons need to get.. And he's ranked to go in the 2nd to 3rd rounds ,, I personally don't believe he'll last that long.. It would take a lot of dumb GMs to let him sit that long..  If I were GM of this team .. I'd jerk his arm out of joint.. Well , maybe not..  We need Him. Our problem of back up and future starter would be over.... :golfclap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Give me Pitts and Paye in the first round and I'll be a happy fan.. Those are the top 2 picks in my only Mock. Now I will confess, It took me 3 mocks before I got the last one right. But I'd sure love this draft,, The QB I want is in the third rd. Fla. QB Kyle Trask 6-5, 240 and had 68 TDs and over 7000 yards in the Last 2 years !!! Dudes.. this is the future QB the Falcons need to get.. And he's ranked to go in the 2nd to 3rd rounds ,, I personally don't believe he'll last that long.. It would take a lot of dumb GMs to let him sit that long..  If I were GM of this team .. I'd jerk his arm out of joint.. Well , maybe not..  We need Him. Our problem of back up and future starter would be over.... :golfclap:

Bro you was slobbering over lance not two days ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Bro you was slobbering over lance not two days ago.

Dude,, the truth is I was on his band wagon for like two days.. And that's been over a month ago.. When I realized he had a long way to go before he could be a starter ,, But I've now found the QB , I'd love to have perfect set up for us. Kyle Trask.. And this is my finial move.. He'd be the perfect back up and future #1  QB when ever Ryan retires, in the mean time Trask can learn from Matt.  This is my finial take on the QB,, I try not to just throw players around for fun.. I try to nail the one's I'd love for this team to get.. I do know now. This is it. Trask is who I'd love for us to take at #36.  Thank you ,, Thank you very much.  :golfclap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Hello, Mr Surtain.

Surtain is definitely a possibility at 4, as is Pitts.

if Surtain and Pitts are equals on our board, we need to grab Surtain. If Pitts is even a little better, gotta go with Pitts.

All that said, if Surtain is not considered a lock down #1 CB by us irrespective of where he is on our board, I still prefer to trade down a bit 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like Chase/Pitts or trade down and keep trading down.

I still think a trade down to 6 or 8 and then another to 15 or so netting out an extra 2nd and 3rd would be worth it in this draft.  We don't have to pile up all kinds of next year 1sts (thought that'd be great).  If we had a mid first, then two 2nds, two 3rds...we'd have 5 picks in the top 100...seems a pretty good bet in such a weird draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the first ranking that deflates the Sewell hype.  I have read a few evaluations of Sewell (have not seen him play) and they agree that he has man-handled many a defender, but that he tends to lunge too much......and in the NFL, he will not get away with that.

I would go for Pitts or Surtain and at the moment, I favor Pitts.  His level of talent is more unique than Surtain's.  He become a consistent chain-mover or stretch defenses for big gains.  As much as I want to find a great defender, I can not ignore the amazing talent he has and the advantages he can bring to our offense.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scouts are high on Pitts nothing unusual there but Parsons,Surtain surprised me along with the Notre Dame linebacker. A trade down and the Falcons will still have quality to choose from in Parsons,Surtain or Slater. If staying at 4 and Pitts is there I take him.

Teams will have to offer a 2nd and something else (plus own first). I'd keep trading down and milk the other teams for all you can get. Either accumulate a lot of picks or go for the home run in Pitts. Imagine having 2 second rounds and 2 3rds would be nice.I think its doable and still get a good 1st round player. I'm fine with whatever TF and Smith do.

Edited by Falconsailorman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once Parsons has his pro day (3-25) people & pundits will be mocking him to us too. Amazing how much he has been forgotten from taking the year off. That said, he should have played he could have used another year of development since he is new to LB. he could be one **** of a chess piece in Pees system, could be our best LB from day 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Once Parsons has his pro day (3-25) people & pundits will be mocking him to us too. Amazing how much he has been forgotten from taking the year off. That said, he should have played he could have used another year of development since he is new to LB. he could be one **** of a chess piece in Pees system, could be our best LB from day 1.

Headline in the Falcoholic "Falcons leaning towards Parsons at 4"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going by the grades I think Surtain is the logical choice if we do not go with a QB. Fits a immediate need with pro bowl potential. Will turn secondary from below avg to avg plus. Pitts maybe bpa but I don’t see how he can help us that much now and near future. Maybe replace Hurst and take away targets from aging Julio.

Edited by Bobby Biskie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have come a long way from no defensive talent available to warrant a 4th pick to having 2 different options there.

I cannot dismiss the argument if we have a defender there that warrants that high of a pick whether Parsons, Surtain or anyone else who rises after pro days,  with all things being equal, we have to grab him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, gazoo said:

We have come a long way from no defensive talent available to warrant a 4th pick to having 2 different options there.

I cannot dismiss the argument if we have a defender there that warrants that high of a pick whether Parsons, Surtain or anyone else who rises after pro days,  with all things being equal, we have to grab him. 

i'm torn, my guy.

i definitely see the need for defense in this draft, and have mocked us a defensive player with our first round pick in every mock i have done. parsons can be an absolute game changer and a secondary of terrell, surtain, and *insert stud rookie safety here* for the next decade excites the heck out of me.

on the other side of the coin, pitts is a matchup nightmare for DC's. what i'm looking at is julio, rid, and pitts demanding so much attention that it'll loosen up the defenses for us to be able to run the ball. that'll allow us to control the ball, work the clock, and keep the d off the field and fresh. pitts in our offense for the next 10-12 years would be awesome.

either way ...... :rain:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i'm torn, my guy.

i definitely see the need for defense in this draft, and have mocked us a defensive player with our first round pick in every mock i have done. parsons can be an absolute game changer and a secondary of terrell, surtain, and *insert stud rookie safety here* for the next decade excites the heck out of me.

on the other side of the coin, pitts is a matchup nightmare for DC's. what i'm looking at is julio, rid, and pitts demanding so much attention that it'll loosen up the defenses for us to be able to run the ball. that'll allow us to control the ball, work the clock, and keep the d off the field and fresh. pitts in our offense for the next 10-12 years would be awesome.

either way ...... :rain:

I’m right  there with you my brother! A TE like that changes everything on offense and brings out the very best of Ryan’s strengths. TG was all pro within 12 yards, but Pitts adds a totally new dimension downfield and short yardage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...