Jump to content

Justin Fields calls his shot: "Had to let em' know. I'll be in the 4.3's by Pro Day.."


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone moves a QB up their rankings because of a 40 time they're evaluating the wrong position. 

Yall got to let it go. That restructure killed any shot of qb at 4. The new regime has 3 year contracts. They aren't looking at Atlantas future past that. Why would they take a qb that might not even

I know he's got a lot of fans around here (myself included). I think he overtakes Zach Wilson as QB2 if he runs in the 4.3's.  Many think QB isn't at play for ATL after Ryan's contract was restru

Not the best start. Curious what the 10 yard split looks like. If it was high, I'd say he has 4.3 speed for sure. High 4.3 minimum. Regardless, any QB running a 4.4 is impressive no matter what. I almost want to just give in to taking a QB at 4 and take Fields just for the story of him potentially being the best QB of the class, and reaping the reward of that after dropping from #2, to 4th best QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So you’re one of the top tier QB prospects in the 20121 draft.

People are watching your every move.  There are questions about your game as far as being an OSU program guy who struggles after 1st read but has good size & foot speed.

Fine.  You see your stock dipping a bit & no longer the consensus #2 pick.  You’re in a battle for the 3rd or 4th pick now maybe, but now even Mac Jones is rising.

Ok, smart move is to remains stoic & impress everyone at your pro day.  Don’t make any stupid mistakes & you have a chance to gain back a little momentum before the draft.

Then what do you go & do?  Right, you post up a tweet like a big dummy calling a 4.3 pro day run.  Then proceed to run 4.4’s.  If there is a time in your life to run the 4.3, it’s at a pro day for sure.  Most scouts add 1/10th of a second to a pro day anyways.  Puts it more in line with combine runs.

You’re somebody’s new franchise QB whose already shown poor decision making by tweeting crap that doesn’t need tweeting & could ONLY HURT YOU in the long run.  I couldn’t believe it.  Now, instead of folks marveling over his size & 4.4 speed, they’re like... you dumbazz, you fell short of your own bragging rights.  
It’s a small thing, but it’s these little things that hurt you among your peers & how you are perceived.  You’d think the new face of a franchise would know these things but I guess not.

We could end up with JF as our next QB so it irks me to notice these things.

Hash, you were far too harsh & your observations were not well received.  You should refrain from being honest about a dumb thing a player did.  You should understand how defensive people can be and apologize immediately for bringing attention to such a delicate subject. :ninja:

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Like Tom Brady? 

yeah, pretty good retort... Brady is actually in excellent shape & better proportioned than Mac Jones.   Jones is just one of those dudes that will always look unproportioned & sort of gangly & goofy in his uniform. TBH, I usually don't judge a book by it's cover & I always keep in mind the Bama players have the advantage of playing among team members who are highly recruited & are a part of something most other teams cannot rival.   I really don't want an immobile QB though.  But I get that the position has so many variables & it's been proven out that there is no QB mold that predisposes them for success and championships.  There will never be another Tom Brady.  What he's been able to accomplish in his career will never be replicated.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

yeah, pretty good retort... Brady is actually in excellent shape & better proportioned than Mac Jones.   Jones is just one of those dudes that will always look unproportioned & sort of gangly & goofy in his uniform. TBH, I usually don't judge a book by it's cover & I always keep in mind the Bama players have the advantage of playing among team members who are highly recruited & are a part of something most other teams cannot rival.   I really don't want an immobile QB though.  But I get that the position has so many variables & it's been proven out that there is no QB mold that predisposes them for success and championships.  There will never be another Tom Brady.  What he's been able to accomplish in his career will never be replicated.  

Tom Brady now and Tom Brady coming out of college are two different things.  Coming out that dude had two left feet and was less athletic looking than Mac.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure this is a guy you want to burn the 4th overall pick in the draft on, a guy who in his own words doesn’t take every game seriously. 
 

 

As Ohio State was getting ready for Clemson in the Sugar Bowl, Fields had this to sayabout his preparation –

“For this game, I have been preparing my butt off. I haven’t prepared like this the whole season, so maybe I played the way I did because God was just trying to tell me, for this game, that you need to lock in this game, you need to prepare for the game. Of course, I was mad after the game, but now I’m just motivated.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, abcranford2 said:

Tom Brady now and Tom Brady coming out of college are two different things.  Coming out that dude had two left feet and was less athletic looking than Mac.

Oh now I get the drift here.  I wasn't sure what the point was I guess.  If you really think about it, no coach can really take credit for how Tom Brady turned out.  He came in for Bledsoe & developed his game & leadership skills to a great level & had the perfect storm of brilliant coaching to maximize his career.  It's still almost beyond a wild fantasy if think about how it all came to pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Oh now I get the drift here.  I wasn't sure what the point was I guess.  If you really think about it, no coach can really take credit for how Tom Brady turned out.  He came in for Bledsoe & developed his game & leadership skills to a great level & had the perfect storm of brilliant coaching to maximize his career.  It's still almost beyond a wild fantasy if think about how it all came to pass.

100%.  That and the dude had and still has a huge chip on his shoulder for falling so far in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gazoo said:

yeah, this is a guy you want to burn the 4th overall pick in the draft on, a guy who in his own words doesn’t take every game seriously. 
 

 

As Ohio State was getting ready for Clemson in the Sugar Bowl, Fields had this to sayabout his preparation –

“For this game, I have been preparing my butt off. I haven’t prepared like this the whole season, so maybe I played the way I did because God was just trying to tell me, for this game, that you need to lock in this game, you need to prepare for the game. Of course, I was mad after the game, but now I’m just motivated.”

Not sure how to take that gazoo.  I mean, on it's face it's sort of disturbing because by saying such a thing, it opens the door for questions about his preparation for all games in his career.  I actually am hoping he is the real deal because he could literally fall to us & our staff might feel they need to select him at 4.  That is why I am drilling down more into the choices he is making.  I thought calling his shot on twitter was really stupid & it opened up the door for me to wonder why he would do such a destructive thing when he didn't have to.  Instead of people being wowed by his 4.4 40 time, we're now asking him why he didn't run a 4.3   Now I read this... this is sort of vickish... the lack of preparation.  I sure hope he overcomes & becomes what he's capable of.  Anything short of that would be a shame.  I am not worried about his physical skillset at all.  I am worried about the other things with him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

100%.  That and the dude had and still has a huge chip on his shoulder for falling so far in the draft.

From what I am learning from what the Buc players are saying is that the guy cares more than anyone else.  He exudes greatness & they all say that he is an incredible team mate who is all in for the guys around him.  The thing with Tom Brady is he takes leadership to another level & you cannot teach that.  He did take his draft stock personally...  he had to, because nobody saw it in him.  They do now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Little letters said:

We don't have to year someone down to build someone else up, Fields had a great pro-day. Let's move on ...   No one said any of this stuff after Lawrence's pro-day. ATL is better than this, although he did open himself up to this with his tweet but isn't he like 20 years old or something? 

 

Not sure why people say this, that only Fields is criticized...simply not true. Lance, Wilson and Jones especially have all been bashed on here. People really began bringing the heat to Jones as soon as the rumor came out he is going 3, before Fields...even making fun of him for being fat, as if it’s relevant to the conversation.

Was Fields criticized more? Probably, but he is also put on a pedestal here in comparison. For instance, there were 5 long threads about him yesterday on page 1 alone, and posters are being much more emotional promoting Fields than any other players as well. That is obviously going to elevate the conversation for people for and against Fields.

people haven’t commented on Lawrence pro day because we all know he is going #1 so he is irrelevant. Really the only time I see his name mentioned is when the Fields fanatics claim he is better than Lawrence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

From what I am learning from what the Buc players are saying is that the guy cares more than anyone else.  He exudes greatness & they all say that he is an incredible team mate who is all in for the guys around him.  The thing with Tom Brady is he takes leadership to another level & you cannot teach that.  He did take his draft stock personally...  he had to, because nobody saw it in him.  They do now!

Did you just learn who Tom Brady was this year? Serious question...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gazoo said:

Not sure this is a guy you want to burn the 4th overall pick in the draft on, a guy who in his own words doesn’t take every game seriously. 
 

 

As Ohio State was getting ready for Clemson in the Sugar Bowl, Fields had this to sayabout his preparation –

“For this game, I have been preparing my butt off. I haven’t prepared like this the whole season, so maybe I played the way I did because God was just trying to tell me, for this game, that you need to lock in this game, you need to prepare for the game. Of course, I was mad after the game, but now I’m just motivated.”

Justin Fields is the reason the Big10 played football this season. He lead the request for them to play football. He could've stayed home AND not risk his NFL career. A  LOT of ncaa players did stay away this season...

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Justin Fields is the reason the Big10 played football this season. He lead the request for them to play football. He could've stayed home AND not risk his NFL career. A  LOT of ncaa players did stay away this season...

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Not sure how to take that gazoo.  I mean, on it's face it's sort of disturbing because by saying such a thing, it opens the door for questions about his preparation for all games in his career.  I actually am hoping he is the real deal because he could literally fall to us & our staff might feel they need to select him at 4.  That is why I am drilling down more into the choices he is making.  I thought calling his shot on twitter was really stupid & it opened up the door for me to wonder why he would do such a destructive thing when he didn't have to.  Instead of people being wowed by his 4.4 40 time, we're now asking him why he didn't run a 4.3   Now I read this... this is sort of vickish... the lack of preparation.  I sure hope he overcomes & becomes what he's capable of.  Anything short of that would be a shame.  I am not worried about his physical skillset at all.  I am worried about the other things with him.  

Exactly what did his 40 time prediction destruct? Did it really destruct anything? Or is this just your feelings on the matter? I’m not sure anyone who is in a position to draft him or make a football decision on him is asking “why didn’t you run a 4.3 like you said on Twitter”. They more than likely saw the 4.4 and we’re still impressed. It’s so easy to over analyze  things as fans, when the football people who get paid to make moves might not even be looking at it this hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtldirtybird said:

Did you just learn who Tom Brady was this year? Serious question...

I did Learn a few more intimate details about him from a Tampa Bay perspective. 
Some more intimate details about who he is from his new team mates that I guess I never really heard from a more stoic NE organization.  Or maybe I just never was made aware of it when he was in NE because I payed more attention when he played for our rival in the NFC South.

I knew he was a great leader but a few pieces during this recent SB run just really resonated coming from a brand new team.

LOL you really need to change your tone of voice amigo. :D  or switch to decaf maybe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...