Justin Fields calls his shot: "Had to let em' know. I'll be in the 4.3's by Pro Day.."

51 minutes ago, kenk said:
  • At his Pro Day workout, Vick ran the 40-yard dash in 4.33 seconds; his time has been clocked as low as 4.25, which is the fastest-ever for an NFL quarterback. Vick was selected first in the 2001 NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons, becoming the first African-American quarterback to be taken with the top pick.

Since Mike Vick could not hit a side of a barn with a football said Florida State head coach at the time. If he ran a 5.0 forty ??? Where would Vick had been picked?

Might not have been drafted at all since his scrambling ability was the appeal (that paired with one of the strongest arms I have ever seen). He was always criticized for his ability to read a defense and not take off after the first or second option wasn’t there. Pair that w being 6’ and 200 lbs tops, not a good combo if a guy runs a 5.0 😂 

On 3/20/2021 at 10:46 AM, PokerSteve said:

Agree. The days of the pocket QB are rapidly drawing to a close. QB's with mobility and speed are already starting to take over the league and dominate it. I'm looking at you Patrick Mahomey ~ and you look like da future!

But Wilson isn't exactly a statue back there either, like a Brady or Ryan. Heck, he had double the rushing TDs as Fields last year

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Might not have been drafted at all since his scrambling ability was the appeal (that paired with one of the strongest arms I have ever seen). He was always criticized for his ability to read a defense and not take off after the first or second option wasn’t there. Pair that w being 6’ and 200 lbs tops, not a good combo if a guy runs a 5.0 😂 

Vick's arm genuinely defined logic. He could flick his wrist and launch it 60 yards.

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Vick's arm genuinely defined logic. He could flick his wrist and launch it 60 yards.

Agreed. But his lack of commitment to the game itself defied logic as well. That being said, he really seems to have gotten his life in order in recent years. I am proud of him. 

1 minute ago, marvinthemartian said:

Agreed. But his lack of commitment to the game itself defied logic as well. That being said, he really seems to have gotten his life in order in recent years. I am proud of him. 

I'll never forgive him for hurting dogs, and I say that as someone whose old user ID was Vickgasmic.

On 3/19/2021 at 7:14 PM, Bobby.Digital said:

I will give you 20/1 odds we don't make the Superbowl the next two seasons with Ryan as our QB. 

You wouldn't take this bet cause you know it's not happening. 

Nah but if we take a QB at 4 we'd be in shoo in right? Lol. Matt gives us the best chance to win, we all know it, and more importantly, the FO clearly knows it.

4 hours ago, jidady said:

I'll never forgive him for hurting dogs, and I say that as someone whose old user ID was Vickgasmic.

I am a dog lover big time. But as a Christian, I repented of worse sins than dog fighting and was forgiven by Christ. I am commanded to forgive others. I don’t know the man but he seems to have genuinely repented and turned his life around. I hope he has. 

10 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Vick was up to 230 lbs at one point. Never played at 200

On 3/18/2021 at 8:29 PM, jidady said:

If I'm a scout, I'm genuinely alarmed that this is a priority for him.

It's like a job interview and he's just checking the boxes.  It's like you need to be proficient in Microsoft Office even if you don't actually use it much when the job starts.  Not his fault a qbs 40 speed is measured.

Edited by BLM

8 hours ago, BLM said:

It's like a job interview and he's just checking the boxes.  It's like you need to be proficient in Microsoft Office even if you don't actually use it much when the job starts.  Not his fault a qbs 40 speed is measured.

He doesn’t have to do it, Lamar Jackson opted out of all speed and agility workouts and only threw so people didn’t try to force him down the WR route.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 12:12 PM, jidady said:

Honestly, I see plenty of professionals mess up big time with drugs, rape, murder, alcohol abuse, domestic abuse, (and in this case, dog abuse) and I've seen and heard their "sorry for doing this" stories. Michael Vick did worse time in jail than people who have done worse crimes under the law, was reprimanded and reduced to nothing in the media, etc... His apology together with his partnering to assist dogs and other animals nowadays is one of the most sincere with actions and complete turnarounds that I have seen in any other case. I can forgive him because it shows day after day in his recovery of what he did.

So you’re one of the top tier QB prospects in the 20121 draft.

People are watching your every move.  There are questions about your game as far as being an OSU program guy who struggles after 1st read but has good size & foot speed.

Fine.  You see your stock dipping a bit & no longer the consensus #2 pick.  You’re in a battle for the 3rd or 4th pick now maybe, but now even Mac Jones is rising.

Ok, smart move is to remains stoic & impress everyone at your pro day.  Don’t make any stupid mistakes & you have a chance to gain back a little momentum before the draft.

Then what do you go & do?  Right, you post up a tweet like a big dummy calling a 4.3 pro day run.  Then proceed to run 4.4’s.  If there is a time in your life to run the 4.3, it’s at a pro day for sure.  Most scouts add 1/10th of a second to a pro day anyways.  Puts it more in line with combine runs.

You’re somebody’s new franchise QB whose already shown poor decision making by tweeting crap that doesn’t need tweeting & could ONLY HURT YOU in the long run.  I couldn’t believe it.  Now, instead of folks marveling over his size & 4.4 speed, they’re like... you dumbazz, you fell short of your own bragging rights.  
It’s a small thing, but it’s these little things that hurt you among your peers & how you are perceived.  You’d think the new face of a franchise would know these things but I guess not.

We could end up with JF as our next QB so it irks me to notice these things.

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So you’re one of the top tier QB prospects in the 20121 draft.

People are watching your every move.  There are questions about your game as far as being an OSU program guy who struggles after 1st read but has good size & foot speed.

Fine.  You see your stock dipping a bit & no longer the consensus #2 pick.  You’re in a battle for the 3rd or 4th pick now maybe, but now even Mac Jones is rising.

Ok, smart move is to remains stoic & impress everyone at your pro day.  Don’t make any stupid mistakes & you have a chance to gain back a little momentum before the draft.

Then what do you go & do?  Right, you post up a tweet like a big dummy calling a 4.3 pro day run.  Then proceed to run 4.4’s.  If there is a time in your life to run the 4.3, it’s at a pro day for sure.  Most scouts add 1/10th of a second to a pro day anyways.  Puts it more in line with combine runs.

You’re somebody’s new franchise QB whose already shown poor decision making by tweeting crap that doesn’t need tweeting & could ONLY HURT YOU in the long run.  I couldn’t believe it.  Now, instead of folks marveling over his size & 4.4 speed, they’re like... you dumbazz, you fell short of your own bragging rights.  
It’s a small thing, but it’s these little things that hurt you among your peers & how you are perceived.  You’d think the new face of a franchise would know these things but I guess not.

I guarantee your in the very few minority of ppl who think like this jfc

Edited by Red Bandana

5 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

You’d think the new face of a franchise would know these things but I guess not.

It irked me to see that pot belly that Mac Jones was hiding under that t-shirt today...:lol: