Justin Fields calls his shot: "Had to let em' know. I'll be in the 4.3's by Pro Day.."

Just now, g-dawg said:

i'm not.   I just know more about the player than you - that is all.  I could know more about him and hate him and his prospects as a prospect for Falcons.

I'm not a homer.....I'm a Dawg and I don't care if Falcons draft Gators and Auburn Tigers and Bama players - homerism is not a way I live my football life.

if you say so dude

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

i'm not.   I just know more about the player than you - that is all.  I could know more about him and hate him and his prospects as a prospect for Falcons.

I'm not a homer.....I'm a Dawg and I don't care if Falcons draft Gators and Auburn Tigers and Bama players - homerism is not a way I live my football life.

Honestly I think Fields needs to go to a team with a dominant defense like Cam and Lamar did.  That would be the best situation for him.

53 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

What if they think non of those top guys are the future and they have a better chance with Ryan now.You do realise the future is now right.

As for there best chances of winning this year and next that’s speculation aswell.

I will give you 20/1 odds we don't make the Superbowl the next two seasons with Ryan as our QB. 

You wouldn't take this bet cause you know it's not happening. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

I will give you 20/1 odds we don't make the Superbowl the next two seasons with Ryan as our QB. 

Who’d we get on D?

17 hours ago, tl;dr said:

It may be trending that way, but the best QBs in the league are still good passers. Look at Mahomes and Watson. Both are dual threats, but can throw it well too. Same with Allen and Kyler. They can both throw it well too. Kyler was the only one of those guys to not finish in the top 5 of QB rating last year, but that's more of a gut feeling than anything. Really think he's a future MVP in the league. 

See other vets like RW3 that are dual threats and they can run too.

I'm not sold on Fields being able to throw it as well as some of those guys

Watson may be on his way out of the NFL. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31093471/four-more-lawsuits-filed-houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-bringing-total-7

1 hour ago, abcranford2 said:

Just not impressed by his tape.  Scouts say he only looked off his first read 7 times....7 times.  That's insane.  And its probably Ohio St.'s fault.  When I watch his tape, I don't see any anticipation throws.  He has to see the receiver is open before releasing. I see mostly wide open receivers and jump balls.  His best throws tend to be to the side lines though.  I think a big part of his problem is that Ohio St. runs a lot of receiver option routes.  So they are basically teaching him not to throw the ball until he sees the receiver open.  Its unfortunate for him.

Well to be fair, behind our O-Line, he wont have any time to look beyond the 1st read anyway. Until we shore that up it may be nice to have a guy that move back there and not just take sacks

#gaslighting

1 minute ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Well to be fair, behind our O-Line, he wont have any time to look beyond the 1st read anyway. Until we shore that up it may be nice to have a guy that move back there and not just take sacks

#gaslighting

Maybe he can break Mahomes record for most yards ran behind the line of scrimmage.  Honestly though, I think our O-line will look a lot better without Dirk Koetter calling the plays.

19 hours ago, thanat0s said:

I have absolutely no dog in that QB hunt, but it’s always been totally moronic that people suddenly pushed Wilson ahead of Fields. There is no rational reason for it. 

Having said that, teams want to know you can stand in the pocket and complete passes, not whether you can scramble moderately better than another QB. 

Good point.  This is the only logical way to look at it tbh.  And this is exactly how team professionals view this.

GM's & HC's aren't necessarily all google eyed over a vid/tweet about a Pro day time like some afmb members are.

I think this sort of blurb has the opposite effect.  It shows that he doesn't comprehend these things which is sort of troubling if you think about it.

If Fields thinks his 40 time at a pro day is this relevant to his draft stock, then I'm wondering if he realizes it might be smarter to show him working on his progressions, his short area quickness, COD etc, & not his straight line speed.  

There is no doubt that a 4.5 vs a 4.4 or even a 4.38 is not what the decision makers are using to separate the top 4 QB candidates.  You can take that to the bank.  His entire college tape still hasn't shown the ability to create like Wilson has.  And the fact that JF thinks this is important, sort of backfires on itself.

That 40 ain't what separates Mahomes, Rogers, Brady, RW or others.  Sure, speed helps definitely, but everyone already understands that he is pretty fast.  It's not going to be that magic bullet to lift him over the other QB's necessarily.  

I like JF & want to see him do well, but I think he might be better served to show his work in other areas while remaining quiet & then letting his time on his Pro day speak for itself.   

3 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Why do I need to bet when TF and co have already chosen Ryan.

14 hours ago, etherdome said:

I am ignorant, so bear with me.  Does Ryan's contract make him more easily traded after this coming year?

I can't pretend to completely understand it either man, but no I don't think so.

17 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

None of them won’t 😭😭😭😭 **** some of them been here since the 70’s they ain’t fooling **** ..bunch of hoping and wishing ..16 was the year ..it’s done 

23 hours ago, etherdome said:

I am ignorant, so bear with me.  Does Ryan's contract make him more easily traded after this coming year?

If I recall correctly. Post June of 2022 he can be moved because the dead cap would be spread over two seasons. It’s still a decent amount, but the split combined with the most likely increase in revenue would mitigate the impact. 

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

If I recall correctly. Post June of 2022 he can be moved because the dead cap would be spread over two seasons. It’s still a decent amount, but the split combined with the most likely increase in revenue would mitigate the impact. 

Well, if that is the case, then a QB is possible.  

Make no mistake, we are in a re-build.  

6 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Well, if that is the case, then a QB is possible.  

Make no mistake, we are in a re-build.  

Absolutely. I’ve been stating that all off-season. I doubt we’ll be a serious SB contender in the next 2 seasons. Which is what I expect Ryan’s longevity will be.

Every QB prospect in this draft, not named Lawrence, could benefit from sitting at least one season.

All are athletically gifted but raw. Since we aren’t in a “win now” mode, drafting a QB at 4 is a viable option. 

On 3/18/2021 at 9:19 PM, Arkridge said:

If Wilson and Fields are neck and neck on some boards, I think this sort of speed (in an NFL landscape that is beginning to trend more toward dual-threat QBs) can be the type of thing that tips the scales in a sense

Agree. The days of the pocket QB are rapidly drawing to a close. QB's with mobility and speed are already starting to take over the league and dominate it. I'm looking at you Patrick Mahomey ~ and you look like da future!

21 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

OSU giving him a doctored 40 time , isn't gonna change the fact, he is a overrated college gimmick that is lacking between the ears. He isn't a first round talent, but someone will waste a pick, and I hope we rob the clueless fool for a ton of picks.

This makes no sense lol. You can watch him on video run and time it yourself 

3 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Absolutely. I’ve been stating that all off-season. I doubt we’ll be a serious SB contender in the next 2 seasons. Which is what I expect Ryan’s longevity will be.

Every QB prospect in this draft, not named Lawrence, could benefit from sitting at least one season.

All are athletically gifted but raw. Since we aren’t in a “win now” mode, drafting a QB at 4 is a viable option. 

It makes so much sense

• At his Pro Day workout, Vick ran the 40-yard dash in 4.33 seconds; his time has been clocked as low as 4.25, which is the fastest-ever for an NFL quarterback. Vick was selected first in the 2001 NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons, becoming the first African-American quarterback to be taken with the top pick.

Since Mike Vick could not hit a side of a barn with a football said Florida State head coach at the time. If he ran a 5.0 forty ??? Where would Vick had been picked?