Justin Fields calls his shot: "Had to let em' know. I'll be in the 4.3's by Pro Day.."

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone moves a QB up their rankings because of a 40 time they're evaluating the wrong position. 

Yall got to let it go. That restructure killed any shot of qb at 4. The new regime has 3 year contracts. They aren't looking at Atlantas future past that. Why would they take a qb that might not even

I know he's got a lot of fans around here (myself included). I think he overtakes Zach Wilson as QB2 if he runs in the 4.3's.  Many think QB isn't at play for ATL after Ryan's contract was restru

2 hours ago, Arkridge said:

I know he's got a lot of fans around here (myself included). I think he overtakes Zach Wilson as QB2 if he runs in the 4.3's. 

Many think QB isn't at play for ATL after Ryan's contract was restructured. I saw it as more of an inevitable and think QB will still be firmly in play at 4.

I agree. Lot of these guys do the same thing. They are good athletes naturally. They get with a real speed coach and a few weeks later they put up awesome numbers. 

Not that 4.3 speed for a QB is as big if an impact as it would be for a RB/WR/TE, but I don't think most scouts would be expecting that from Fields. Still my #1 player for ATL. 

1 hour ago, isproab said:

I agree. Lot of these guys do the same thing. They are good athletes naturally. They get with a real speed coach and a few weeks later they put up awesome numbers. 

Not that 4.3 speed for a QB is as big if an impact as it would be for a RB/WR/TE, but I don't think most scouts would be expecting that from Fields. Still my #1 player for ATL. 

It’s not an impact for those spots either, tbh. If I recall correctly, 8 of the top 10 running backs in yards last year ran a 4.5 or higher.  A lot of fast guys at the combine, or track guys, can’t change direction, struggle to come in and out of breaks, have to decelerate a bunch before changing direction, etc.  40 time is almost as overrated as the bench press is at the combine.  There are a lot of more useful measurements there but aren’t as fun to watch or easy to judge by just a number.

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

It may be trending that way, but the best QBs in the league are still good passers. Look at Mahomes and Watson. Both are dual threats, but can throw it well too. Same with Allen and Kyler. They can both throw it well too. Kyler was the only one of those guys to not finish in the top 5 of QB rating last year, but that's more of a gut feeling than anything. Really think he's a future MVP in the league. 

See other vets like RW3 that are dual threats and they can run too.

I'm not sold on Fields being able to throw it as well as some of those guys

He seems like he would be streaky at passing accuracy

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

It got him two 100M deals from 2 different teams so pretty well I'd say

Would you have the 4.3 speed or a work ethic to get better.

He can have all the money in the world if he still doesn’t amount anything running a team.

I’d take the work ethic and brains over the athleticism.

5 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

He seems like he would be streaky at passing accuracy

The Clemson game to the Alabama game tells a lot. I know he was hurt, but he was missing some easy throws in the title game. And don’t let people fool you either: the Alabama defense was a good, not great unit. It’s not like Fields was going up against some elite defense 

A 4.3 40 time would move him up. I still don’t want him, I think he’s a bust, but let’s hope someone else is enamored by that attribute and takes him before our pick.

That being said, QB is still a viable option at 4. Those who don’t believe so are being a bit tone deaf. Does that mean we’ll take one? No. However it wouldn’t be the worst idea, nor will it be the best.

On a side note, I am noticing that there is some crossover between anti-QB people and pro Kyle Pitts. With the statement being “We don’t need a QB.”. Well, we don’t REALLY need a TE either. However you select the best players available. Whomever that may be. 

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Seriously who gives a rats if a QB can run 4.3 really. How did 4.3 work for Michael Vick.

Considering he got drafted 1st overall, Got a massive 130m contract (Back when they were almost never handed out and this was the most money ever + the most guaranteed ever), Went to jail and came back and somehow played his way into another 100m contract...  I would say it worked out nicely for him.

9 hours ago, tl;dr said:

It may be trending that way, but the best QBs in the league are still good passers. Look at Mahomes and Watson. Both are dual threats, but can throw it well too. Same with Allen and Kyler. They can both throw it well too. Kyler was the only one of those guys to not finish in the top 5 of QB rating last year, but that's more of a gut feeling than anything. Really think he's a future MVP in the league. 

See other vets like RW3 that are dual threats and they can run too.

I'm not sold on Fields being able to throw it as well as some of those guys

Or the maturity to understand what is or isn't important.

10 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

especially when they're running a straight line in their underwear. like, there's a bunch of qb's that have run faster 40's than lamar jackson but i dare someone to try telling me that he's not the fastest qb in the league, by far.

Who ran faster?

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Yall got to let it go. That restructure killed any shot of qb at 4. The new regime has 3 year contracts. They aren't looking at Atlantas future past that. Why would they take a qb that might not even see the field before they're fired?

Recorded.

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Would you have the 4.3 speed or a work ethic to get better.

He can have all the money in the world if he still doesn’t amount anything running a team.

I’d take the work ethic and brains over the athleticism.

I think he meant it worked out well for Vick himself with the money. And as we know money makes the world go round. But I understand the point your making

Vick started out unfocused performing on nothing but pure athletic abilities. As years passed tho he improved his throwing & reading of playbook significantly which made him even more dominant. Albeit its a different league lots of fast & smart defenders out there but I don't think fields is like Vick starting out I think Fields arm talent is already ahead from when Vick first came in. It's a matter of gettin it done on the field. Btw we talking abt a possible 4.3 speed for a qb who can throw smh thats impressive af to me.

12 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Bet a wooden nickel he does not 

Justin is fast but he isn't running a 4.3 - check that - if there was a combine, he wouldn't run a 4.3

these times this year at the school days - none of them are official and you will hear faster times this year than any combine year.

10 hours ago, isproab said:

Fields is the best scenario for Falcons if they stick at #4.    Regardless of Ryan re-structure