Phillip Lindsay, anyone?

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah 4th rnd running backs cost you like 400-500k. A carousel is a good way to save money. Just basically draft one every year 

Yeah because guys like Nick Chubbs should be ignored.  We don't Need youth anywhere!

17 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

I harbor a secret grudge against him because I have drafted him multiple years in fantasy and he's burned me a bunch of times lol.

I bet Smith could use him very effectively, but I'd like a bit more of a bruiser.

I personally prefer Gus Edwards (stayed away from Lindsay after his first break-out season as I was sure he would be over-drafted by other ff managers), although am sure he is a RFA currently.

Not as big a name, however, I feel people will (over)pay for the name that Lindsay has

Biggest knock on Lindsay was his body style not able to take the constant pounding of the NFL...he validated that by getting injured in his first year and the Broncos brought in Melvin Gordon...as you can see, his production cut in half.  Still averaged four and a half yards per carry, though...

Touches  Yards  Average  TD's  Receptions

5 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Nah.

Not much tread left on those tires.

What makes you say that? He only had 800 touches in 4 years of college & 600 in 3 years as a pro. He's only 26 and has averaged just 200 touches per year in both college & the pros. That doesn't seem like much wear at all. What am i missing?

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

Biggest knock on Lindsay was his body style not able to take the constant pounding of the NFL...he validated that by getting injured in his first year and the Broncos brought in Melvin Gordon...as you can see, his production cut in half.  Still averaged four and a half yards per carry, though...

Touches  Yards  Average  TD's  Receptions

He definitely seems a little light for consideration as a workhorse, but if you could pair him up with a solid rookie you might have a pretty dominant RBC on your hands.

Just now, k-train said:

What makes you say that? He only had 800 touches in 4 years of college & 600 in 3 years as a pro. He's only 26 and has averaged just 200 touches per year in both college & the pros. That doesn't seem like much wear at all. What am i missing?

You're right that is not a big work load. More like he's a small dude and didn't have a lot of tread to begin with. Plus, he's on the wrong side of 25.

I get we are thin at RB but I'd rather take a chance at an UDFA becoming this years Lindsey rather than hope the old model can stay upright. 

We already have Ito. I don't need another one.

1 minute ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

You're right that is not a big work load. More like he's a small dude and didn't have a lot of tread to begin with. Plus, he's on the wrong side of 25.

I get we are thin at RB but I'd rather take a chance at an UDFA becoming this years Lindsey rather than hope the old model can stay upright. 

We already have Ito. I don't need another one.

Fair point. I didn't realize he was as light as he is.