The Broncos have rescinded their tender on him & have agreed to let him walk. He’s officially on the market now as a UFA. He had two 1000 yard seasons in 3 years, is still just 26 years old, and would seem to have plenty of tread left on his tires. Gotta wonder if he’s someone we may take a better look at now.

8 minutes ago, bigjmw84 said:

Huge fan. 3yr 12mil 9mil guaranteed?

It Fontenot can pull that off, I'd be impressed.

I will say though... having a HC/OC who was the architect of the most potent rushing attack in the NFL over the past few years can't hurt as a bargaining chip when trying to get free agent RBs to sign here.

14 minutes ago, k-train said:

It Fontenot can pull that off, I'd be impressed.

I will say though... having a HC/OC who was the architect of the most potent rushing attack in the NFL over the past few years can't hurt as a bargaining chip when trying to get free agent RBs to sign here.

I agree completely. Some players truly value fit over the money. Outside zone is right in his wheelhouse. Add Sermon or Stevensen in the 3-5th and we have something. He never had this level of QB and skill players to work with. Could be enticing for him.

9 minutes ago, bigjmw84 said:

I agree completely. Some players truly value fit over the money. Outside zone is right in his wheelhouse. Add Sermon or Stevensen in the 3-5th and we have something. He never had this level of QB and skill players to work with. Could be enticing for him.

With fit comes production.. with production comes money. 

2 hours ago, autigerfan said:

He would be an ideal pickup for us as it is a big need and he's still young.  

He fits the bill.  Let's see what TF has up his sleeve.

I honestly think everything is going to plan for them.  They never had any intention of spending big this off season.  Hitting a bargain and turning over every rock.  

I think someone will pay for the name because he had a couple good rushing seasons, to me he’s a jag since he adds very little in the passing game.  Worth bringing in for a workout, sure, just to see if he can do things or be used in ways Denver didn’t, but I think someone will over pay so may not be worth it.  Love his effort and could be a good rotational piece though.

Wouldn't be mad if we got him, but he doesn't excite me. I've said this in like 3 threads about 3 different guys, but I think he'll be too expensive for us. 

Real talk, I harbor a secret grudge against him because I have drafted him multiple years in fantasy and he's burned me a bunch of times lol.

I bet Smith could use him very effectively, but I'd like a bit more of a bruiser.

What are y'all seeing in him that interests you so much? I think he has good vision and is pretty patient, but I don't think he's particularly special.