S Erik Harris signing with the Falcons

Ain't y'all ever heard of safety by committee? It's kinds like RB by committee, only different.

All right. You got me. I haven't either, but we're doing it. It's a DP thing. Dean Pees. Get your head out of the gutter.

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

Ain't y'all ever heard of safety by committee? It's kinds like RB by committee, only different.

All right. You got me. I haven't either, but we're doing it. It's a DP thing. Dean Pees. Get your head out of the gutter.

All my years of watching the Ravens (since they started), they didnt really do that man.

who cares seriously , guys y'all don't want to but if you do, go back and look how poorly we are at adding value during free agency to this team, the saints have been one of the best at this, which is one reason why they have so many players to mess with the cap with each year they have real depth.  I don't care who we get in free agency we brought TF in on this strength at least this much we know 

1 minute ago, DMT11 said:

who cares seriously , guys y'all don't want to but if you do, go back and look how poorly we are at adding value during free agency to this team, the saints have been one of the best at this, which is one reason why they have so many players to mess with the cap with each year they have real depth.  I don't care who we get in free agency we brought TF in on this strength at least this much we know 

Yep. It'll be all right. Watch one of these guys ball out.

1 minute ago, DMT11 said:

This is exactly why he was hired.  He's bright, football smart,but his super power was and is pro level scouting and talent assessment.  

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

If his strength is coverage and his weakness is tackling and run support why would they put him at SS?

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Hes better in coverage closer to the line. It happens.

Not all SS snaps are in box depending on the game and situation. Neal had games where he spent more time outside the box in coverage than run support. He can be closer to the line covering a TE with an option to blitz. 

Call it like it is. He is depth and if he starts then, 

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

No one is signing all pros at every position. Have faith in the coaches that they will get the best out of these guys. 

All out of faith Jesus, with Atlanta Falcons coaches.😁

Edited by PointSwayzee

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

He is not a back up. He was starter when he was healthy. Erik had better coverage numbers last year than John Johnson. His tackling needs to be improved. I guess its an insurance policy while the safety draft pick develops. 

Maybe he will be a starter for us. Don't assume he will be just because he started the last couple years on an average Raiders defense. He seemed to have done a solid job for them, but the contract numbers will likely give a better clue about what our plans are with him. I agree he's good insurance for the rookie(s) we likely have coming in

1 minute ago, Foo Falcons said:

Maybe he will be a starter for us. Don't assume he will be just because he started the last couple years on an average Raiders defense. He seemed to have done a solid job for them, but the contract numbers will likely give a better clue about what our plans are with him. I agree he's good insurance for the rookie(s) we likely have coming in

Average Raiders defense has nothing to do with a players performance. There are good players, great players, average and bad players on any defense. Tell us why you think he is average or not starter material. Contracts don’t mean much. I don’t know if he will start or not but he was a good starter in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Average Raiders defense has nothing to do with a players performance. There are good players, great players, average and bad players on any defense. Tell us why you think he is average or not starter material. Contracts don’t mean much. I don’t know if he will start or not but he was a good starter in the NFL. 

Well let's see I haven't exactly watched his all-22 for the past three years, have you? He may very well start for us and be solid. He could just as likely be a solid backup and special teamer. No one knows at this point so it's all speculation. Here's to him being the former 

24 minutes ago, Precyse said:

By his physic, he reminds me of that 6'3 safety from Cincinnati that I wanted back when Quinn first got here. I think his name was Ika or something like that. 

George Iloka?

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Drafted by Aints and better than what we had at safety in last 3 seasons. Good in coverage but has tackling problems. 

Even if it's a push with what we had, or even a slight downgrade, he should be significantly cheaper.  That's a good Hurst for Hooper type signing.

I do hope we have a plan for starting safeties.  But if the plan is stand pat, this is better than keeping Allen at a higher cost.