Does Matt Ryan's upcoming restructure mean that his job as Falcons QB is safe at least another 3 seasons?

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It sounds like Matt Ryan's job as Falcons QB is pretty safe for the next 3 seasons unless he stinks it up which I don't see happening unless he gets injured. 

How many seasons do you think Matt Ryan's job is safe for based on his contract restructure?

Nope.  It means that he has the next 3 years to compete for the starting QB position.  With Schaub gone, he has options.  I believe he will start in 2021.  I think he will start in 2022.  He could become a backup player/coach in 2023.  It depends on how the competition shakes out.

7 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It sounds like Matt Ryan's job as Falcons QB is pretty safe for the next 3 seasons unless he stinks it up which I don't see happening unless he gets injured. 

How many seasons do you think Matt Ryan's job is safe for based on his contract restructure?

If he performs well it does. If he doesn’t, he’ll retire. 

7 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Helped the team by kicking the can down the road and taking more guaranteed money? Not very helpful at all actually. 

I would rather have a QB willing to move around his pay. Then a QB who wouldn’t. People need to stop hatin on Ryan