Did the Falcons give the Bucs the blue print on how to stop Patrick Maholmes and the Chiefs?

The Falcons are probably the only team to hold Patrick Maholmes to less than 20  points in 3 years until the Bucs destroyed him. If it wasn't for a dropped int it would have been 10 points. 

My question is do you think that the Falcons gave the Bucs the blue print on how to stop Patrick Maholmes and the Chiefs offense? Obviously the Bucs have more dogs on defense and we're able to do more.

I assume but don’t know the Bucs had to film study our KC game.  There were other factors including Mahomes’ injury. But no doubt Arians staff was prepared. 

Likewise I think our defensive stand up against KC is the singular evidence of preparedness last season and had we not changed coaching it would not have happened. I’ve never been more proud after a loss, the D slammed!

Edited by Killing Floor
Auto spell
1 hour ago, Killing Floor said:

I assume but don’t know the Bucs had to film study our KC game.  There were other factors including Mahomes’ injury. But no doubt Arians staff was prepared. 

Likewise I think our defensive stand up against KC is the singular evidence of preparedness last season and had we not changed coaching it would not have happened. I’ve never been more proud after a loss, the D slammed!

Dan Quinn's defense always played well the last few weeks of the season.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

What really bugged me about this game was Koo missing that kick. It gives one pause about resigning, which they did, because he missed his most important kick of the year. He had made harder kicks all season long.

I'm sure it weighed on him some.

Koo also missed a key extra point against Carolina that would have put the game away. until we got a gave saving red zone int.

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP

Can we just drop the word "Blueprint" from the NFL as it pertains to stopping players/systems.  If it were that simple, the players/systems wouldn't work.  Not everyone has the personnel to run a particular scheme to neutralize a player/team.  A lot of time, it just comes down to execution.

Edited by isproab
3 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Koo also missed a key extra point against Carolina that would have put the game away. until we got a gave saving red zone int.

He's a very good kicker, but when the team has 4 wins his important misses kinda go unnoticed. When the team is fighting for the playoffs it shows. He grew a lot last year over the previous year. I can assume his growth will continue.

Just now, Jesus said:

He's a very good kicker, but when the team has 4 wins his important misses kinda go unnoticed. When the team is fighting for the playoffs it shows. He grew a lot last year over the previous year. I can assume his growth will continue.

I remember morten andersen missed a 19 yard FG against the Jaguars in 1996 that cost us a game in a horrible 3-13 season and he bounced back. 

26 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I know for a fact the broncos got the blue print on Cam Newton from us. I can't tell about Maholmes though.

Tampa literally made adjustments and outscored them 24-10 after the first quarter just a few weeks before KC played Atlanta. Coaches do their jobs. Some better than others. All this blueprint talk is non existent 

22 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

The Bucs ran cover 2 and got pressure with their front 4. It’s not like they invented some new scheme to stop Mahomes. They didn’t do anything special 

And more importantly they stopped the run/RB. 49ers did slowdown Mahomes in 2019 but they couldn't stop the run. Mahomes was bad in 2019 SB too.