• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont think this guy would be the reason we wouldnt draft a weapon of a TE at 4.

Hes been one of the top blocking tight ends since terry bradshaw played.

Let's talk about the high quality beard game of our tight ends.

43 minutes ago, stizz said:

LOL what's stopping this dude from retiring? Going from the Bills situation to ours must be a bit deflating.

We are going to have a much better team this year.. WE had the wrong Coaches and they had gotten stale . It's a whole new world.. I love this pickup.. I really don't want to use a pick on a TE with a high pick, even thou I have one in my Mock. The more I thought about it, the more I did not like the thought of taking a TE with the first pick.

I'm not a fan of having a TE or FB who aren't threats in the passing game. 

Huge fan of TE's and FB's who are threats in both the run and pass.  But it seems like it telegraphs too much or limits when they're just one or the other.  But since we got him, hopefully this dude ragdolls some folks.

3 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Huge fan of TE's and FB's who are threats in both the run and pass.  But it seems like it telegraphs too much or limits when they're just one or the other.  But since we got him, hopefully this dude ragdolls some folks.

He will probably help crappy run blocking. Tired of Jack off all trades and no goal line blockers. He had 2 passing TD last year. I will take TD over field goals.

3 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

The way he blocks, I don’t care. He has made some catches but he was rarely targeted. Stocker missed so many **** blocks it was sickening. 

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He will probably help crappy run blocking. Tired of Jack off all trades and no goal line blockers. He had 2 passing TD last year. I will take TD over field goals.

I know that he's a blocker.  It's just if they're not going to be any real threat in the passing game, I prefer they just bring out a 3rd tackle.

A 3rd tackle can run a 3 yard dig route and catch a wide open TD.

I just think it's a wasted space on a roster.  I mean I get why they did it, I just think you're better served using that money and roster space elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

I know that he's a blocker.  It's just if they're not going to be any real threat in the passing game, I prefer they just bring out a 3rd tackle.

I just think it's a wasted space on a roster.  I mean I get why they did it, I just think you're better served using that money and roster space elsewhere.

He can catch and was used more as a catcher in his youngest. He’s always been more of a blocker though. Nothing wrong with it to me, because he will play a lot. We will run a lot more, play action etc. So not to worried.

2 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

He can catch and was used more as a catcher in his youngest. He’s always been more of a blocker though. Nothing wrong with it to me, because he will play a lot. We will run a lot more, play action etc. So not to worried.

It's more that if the answer to "what does this guy bring us on the field that a 3rd tackle wouldn't" is "nothing" then you've just wasted a spot that could be used on developing talent.  Or money that could be used on a more versatile FB.

Hopefully the dude's a rockstar.  I just don't find value in the position.  If he doesn't have to be accounted for by the secondary, then he's a blocker.  If he's a blocker, then they can stuff the box just like if it were an extra tackle.

1 minute ago, takeitdown said:

It's more that if the answer to "what does this guy bring us on the field that a 3rd tackle wouldn't" is "nothing" then you've just wasted a spot that could be used on developing talent.  Or money that could be used on a more versatile FB.

Hopefully the dude's a rockstar.  I just don't find value in the position.  If he doesn't have to be accounted for by the secondary, then he's a blocker.  If he's a blocker, then they can stuff the box just like if it were an extra tackle.

No he will catch more than a lineman if he plays much. With us trading for him I bet he will play a bit. Just think of Levine and him being similar.

1 minute ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

No he will catch more than a lineman if he plays much. With us trading for him I bet he will play a bit. Just think of Levine and him being similar.

I meant to put in my earlier post, if he's Levine Toilolo level, I'm fine with it.  He needs to at least present the threat of a catch.  I mean if he makes 20 catches over the entire season that's at least someone they have to notice is on the field.  If he makes 5, then no real point.

It's not a huge deal.  Just one of those positions I think is vestigial.

20 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Did you not see the vids of him catching passes? I'm gonna love this guy.