CB1 working

Love to see AJ working on his press coverage.... Technique is still a bit shaky, he's shooting his arm out more like he's playing tag rather than trying to disrupt the route... but I love that he's working on his craft. 

Also a few times in the video I saw him shoot both arms out, is this a new technique being taught? I thought it was stab one hand depending on the route and flip hips...  

8 hours ago, ramonezy said:

Love to see AJ working on his press coverage.... Technique is still a bit shaky, he's shooting his arm out more like he's playing tag rather than trying to disrupt the route... but I love that he's working on his craft. 

Also a few times in the video I saw him shoot both arms out, is this a new technique being taught? I thought it was stab one hand depending on the route and flip hips...  

I’ve seen it done a bit last year. It’s tough because if you miss, you’re cooked like Oliver. He missed several times with that technique. 

On 3/15/2021 at 4:31 PM, dirtybirds233 said:

He and AJT at #1 and #2 make CB much less of a pressing need. Still not great, but certainly not a major position of need any longer if he comes back. 

I like DD in the slot, but not as a true #2.  I hope they do take CB in first three rounds as the #2.  Which would leave DD as slot and move Shef and Oliver to #3 & #4, which honestly is probably where they should be and they could play well not having to guard a teams one or two.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2021 at 4:27 PM, Cole World said:

We started the year with an odd 3-safety starting D and within a couple of weeks, all three were injured. When Dennard went down against Chicago(?), I knew that we were toast. No back end and then a guy who was playing well was lost. Our secondary was already suspect; no way we could survive all of that.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:31 PM, dirtybirds233 said:

He and AJT at #1 and #2 make CB much less of a pressing need. Still not great, but certainly not a major position of need any longer if he comes back. 

He was terrible last year, I'd rather just risk a rookie outside.

The only flaw I see in AJ's game is his press technique... But this kid is a stud. I'd love for us to bring in Sherman with the young talent we have in the DB room... Could have an impact like Freeney and VB. 

PS I'm still high on Oliver... Too many mental lapses but he's got the tools. Has anyone seen any vids from him? 

28 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

The only flaw I see in AJ's game is his press technique... But this kid is a stud. I'd love for us to bring in Sherman with the young talent we have in the DB room... Could have an impact like Freeney and VB. 

PS I'm still high on Oliver... Too many mental lapses but he's got the tools. Has anyone seen any vids from him? 

Sherman is done. Don't waste roster spots on "mentors" Freeney was signed because he could still play at a high level