Wardog357 March 2021 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Clemson fans are some salty mother *******. I didn't realize I was supposed to hate them like they do us. I'm going to have to adjust my hate-o-meter accordingly. 

The Clemson - UGA hate is old and deep-seated. So yes, hate them. Young fans don't understand now because we don't play that often anymore, but it used to be a huge annual rivalry. 

Plus, Dabo is an aww-shucks chud that deserves nothing but derision. 

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

The Clemson - UGA hate is old and deep-seated. So yes, hate them. Young fans don't understand now because we don't play that often anymore, but it used to be a huge annual rivalry. 

Plus, Dabo is an aww-shucks chud that deserves nothing but derision. 

My second favorite team is whoever is playing Clemson, and it’s a real close second. 

39 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Biggest debate right now is whether to laugh or downvote because you didn’t answer the question. 😁

The tool is smart enough that all you need to do is paste a compatible gif URL. Couldn't be simpler.

4 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

The tool is smart enough that all you need to do is paste a compatible gif URL. Couldn't be simpler.

I hate to say how many times I’ve tried for fear of how much dumber you can make me look

Ok lol, here's one viable method. There's more than one way.
This one will be for searching Tenor.com. Visit the website and search for a description of a gif you'd like. Like this.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-28-at-5-29-59-PM

Click the one you want, and you'll go to a new page. Right click the gif and select "copy image location" or similar. This is the exact web location of the gif file. Generally we want the file location (URL), not the page. The page URL will sometimes work because the tool is smart. But some websites will be obnoxious and not let you get to the physical file location. It is what it is.

Just come back to the message board post editor you always use and right click -> paste that value. It should turn into a gif right there in the editor. And post!

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Biggest debate right now is whether to laugh or downvote because you didn’t answer the question. 😁

On a phone

(specifically iPhone, but the process for android is nearly identical)

1. Open a new tab. Google image search “Carter is awesome gif” (or whatever term you would like to see an animated gif of)

2. Browse through the results to find your desired gif.

3. Tap the image to see the full preview size.

4. Long press on the picture until a menu comes up with options to save, copy, open, etc. and select OPEN. This should load the image file itself from where the file is actually located into the page you are viewing.

(Sometimes this part can be a little weird as the Google search loads previews from cache. Sometimes you’ll get a pic that doesn’t move and has a static temporary URL that won’t actually work to link a gif. In these instances you usually just have to wait a few moments to try again and it will load properly. As long as the url ends with “.gif” you should be good here.)

5. copy the url. Make sure it ends with “.gif”. Some sites like Imgur won’t give you the direct link to just the picture, but to a page where the image can be viewed. Usually you can change the “m.imgur.com” part to “i.imgur.com” and simply add .gif to the end of the url before you copy it.

6. Go back to your tab with this page open and paste the url into the text field used for writing a post.

source.gif

Edited by Carter
Forgot a step 🤦🏻‍♂️