Do you think that the best of Matt Ryan is still to come under Arthur Smith?

He really could. I know people just want a running QB because they want to feel like they got Mike Vick back, but it's the reason that I still think Ryan has 3 years or so left that makes me think maybe they don't go QB at4 but I could still see them going QB if the love a player and think they can get 15 years of them over 3 of Ryan. If we had pick like 15 I'd say it's all in on Ryan but 4 makes it tough for AS and TF

No! Take Brady out of the question and even the QB’s we were fooled by the media ignoring their regression all of the older QB’s went bad a 36. Fans are like: Big Ben is still playing, Phillip Rivers, Eli, Drew Brees. The real deal is that only 3 modern QB’s have won a SB older than 36: Peyton Manning, John Elway and Thomas Brady. I love Matt, but he ain’t those three.  

34EB7213-3558-4393-A9B9-53D78F364A37.jpeg

Just now, jazzyburrell said:

No! Take Brady out of the question and even the QB’s we were fooled by the media ignoring their regression all of the older QB’s went bad a 36. Fans are like: Big Ben is still playing, Phillip Rivers, Eli, Drew Brees. The real deal is that only 3 modern QB’s have won a SB older than 36: Peyton Manning, John Elway and Thomas Brady. I love Matt, but he ain’t those three.  

Not like Manning had a lot to do about that SB win.

I don't imagine MVP type play, hopefully steady and consistent.

Better than 38 TDs and 7 INTs? That was his MVP year.

No, his individual statistics are not going to get better.

Better team results with Ryan providing clutch play in the biggest games? 

It's possible, but the likelihood decreases significantly after 2022. Assuming Matt plays better in year 2 (which he seems to do), then 2022 could be better than 2021. But 38/39y Matt Ryan ain't outperforming 32yo Matt Ryan. 

Of course he can.  Fact is he's not much different from the 16 Matt that set the world on fire despite what the chicken littles with their noodle arm insults will tell you.  

Look at Ryan Tannehill's stats before and after AS.

Now imagine what an actual QB can do in the same scheme.  

Don't let the false narratives around here fool you, Matt can inject himself right back into the mix with a great play caller which he now has again.  These folks expect Matt to move heaven and earth AND an awful scheme and when he came up short like any qb would have they want to cry washed.  It's bs.  Matt's still Matt.

27 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

Eli shouldn’t even be included in this conversation.  Further proof rings skew people’s views on a QB way too much.  Also, stop using wins as a QB stat.  It shows nothing to prove your point.

I like Matt and I believe we blew his prime. He can still win if we have a strong team around him but this will probably be the last year he can carry a team. It’s time to find a replacement so that we can have a smooth transition. We have a chance to get an elite talent with this years pick 

2 hours ago, athell said:

Of course he can.  Fact is he's not much different from the 16 Matt that set the world on fire despite what the chicken littles with their noodle arm insults will tell you.  

Look at Ryan Tannehill's stats before and after AS.

Now imagine what an actual QB can do in the same scheme.  

Don't let the false narratives around here fool you, Matt can inject himself right back into the mix with a great play caller which he now has again.  These folks expect Matt to move heaven and earth AND an awful scheme and when he came up short like any qb would have they want to cry washed.  It's bs.  Matt's still Matt.

Get out of here with your facts. Didn’t you see a Mahomes winning SB in 2019 with a rating of 78. He magically made the whole team better by stinking it up on big stage. Ryan played almost perfect SB and his team didn’t get better coz of his play.