My first round pick that could be the impact player we need

6 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

all of this, but him sliding that far down is a stretch imo.

For those who disagree: If he's a better receiver and bigger and blocks better than the WRs why not take him? Just pretend the letters are WR instead of TE next to his name.

The biggest benefit is that he's a giant WR in a TE's body, but he will be lining up against linebackers and safeties, not CBs. Huge mismatch the majority of the time.

5 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

all of this, but him sliding that far down is a stretch imo.

For those who disagree: If he's a better receiver and bigger and blocks better than the WRs why not take him? Just pretend the letters are WR instead of TE next to his name.

Sliding to Philly at 6. That's not a stretch at all. If Philly comes up for their target WR or a QB and trades with us Pitts should still be there. 

I'm not as sold on Sewell as most. He is an OL and still has some developing to do. Right now it's pure talent and athleticism for him, and he needs a year or two to learn the fundamentals. 

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I have Pitts as my first pick in my only mock.. But now I'm really thinking it may be best to take  QB Tray Lance at #8. But I will say,, either one would be great.  Either player would be great to have .. But we probably should take Lance as a backup and future starter.

I don't like the risk associated with Lance myself. I watched a couple of his games and took him out of the first round completely. He needs a lot of work/development.

2 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

It's true, I just did a search and it's actually quite good in terms of blocking. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feQXX5kDDS8&t=182s

But he's still far from Julio. And even that doesn't change my opinion, we don't take a skills player in the first round 

Seems as if your opinion wasn't a very informed one in the first place. Why do you keep comparing him to Julio? They don't even play the same position.

Sewell > Pitts > QB 

For me personally. I think Sewell and Pitts are the two best players in the draft. Either player would be BPA at 4. I give the edge to Sewell for positional value. 

Would be excited to have either. The only way we take a QB is if the FO absolutely loves one of the available ones. (Fields, Lance, or Jones). 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I am warming up to Pitts and Chase over Sewell. Sewell is still developing, not sure where his body will end up when he hits the 20s. Pitts would be a first round WR if he wasn't a TE. 

I don't really think Sewell is a perfect scheme fit. He's a better fit in more of a power scheme. Could he come here and play? Probably. He just isn't that perfect fit.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I don't really think Sewell is a perfect scheme fit. He's a better fit in more of a power scheme. Could he come here and play? Probably. He just isn't that perfect fit.

Exactly. Which is my concern on how his body ends up once he fully develops to play outside zone.   He could be the best OT ever or could go down once he hits 20s. Folks underestimate how much body changes from teens in to twenties. 

2 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

It's not really the fact that he's blocking poorly that was the reason, it's a TE in 4 is unthinkable for me. Even in the first round actually.

And it was the guy who answered me who told me that Kyle was as atletic as Julio, so I told him no.

Kyle will be a hybrid TE-WR in the NFL so if he can be compared with the big receivers

See you're fumbling all over yourself here. You keep comparing him to WRS, calling him a WR/TE hybrid, ect, but when you're talking about drafting him at 4 you keep reverting back to 'i can't take a te at 4'

So which is it? Is he a WR or a TE? It seems like you want to compare him to WR's when convenient, but then want to knock drafting him at 4 because he's a TE.

8 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

I'm not saying there is no need for a TE but we already have a TE1 and a TE2 is easily found in round 3-4 or even for cheap at FA.

He'll be picked late 2nd to be optimistic, but in the 3rd round he'll be there in my opinion. And at worst there is Kenny Yeboah. Pat Freirmuth is less sure but anything is possible.

I totally agree with you, I see Brevin and Kenny as the future Jonnu Smith in Arthur Smith's system

Thanks for the info I didn't know, one more reason to choose him

Don't forget though we probably need a TE1. If Hurst ends up being what everyone thinks under AS, he'll be out of our price range when he's a FA.

1 minute ago, FalconsGM said:

He still has 2022 as well with his 5th year option at less than 5 million so it's not an immediate need. Let's develop 1 or 2 TEs before 2022 

So tenure him for a 2nd and let him walk if someone wants him? Hmmm

And if we could trade back this year and snag a first in 2022, we'd be adding up the capital to move up and take our QB of the future in 2022.

5 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

Yes that's right, but don't forget Kenny Yeboah who is a mini Kyle Pitts but in round 3-4 so acceptable to me to draft him. Develloping the 2 before 2022 would be really incredible

I'll have to check Kenny out. I haven't seen him yet.

6 minutes ago, Abeasley27 said:

So if philly wants Pitts, or whoever they could trade up to 4 for ertz, 6, and a lower round pick or 2??

Wouldn't do it Ertz is 30 and at 4 some say Pitts is BPA plus what this kid would bring to the team for Matt, scheme and taking the heat off Julio it's just to much talent and impact to ignore. Plus these stats are amazing in cased you missed it in my opening post.

•  

Advanced stats to know

• Best YPC (17.9) of all college TEs ever with 40+ receptions, per Rich Hribar of Sharp Football Analysis
  • 27.9% TD rate -- second-best among all college TEs ever (with 40+ receptions), per Hribar
  • 4.91 yards per route run vs. man coverage in 2020 -- third-best of any player, nearly 2 yards per route run more than any other TE, per PFF

Who cares if he's drafted 3,4,5,10,15. If he plays to potential could be a Hall of Famer. I know that's saying alot but if he becomes a Hof do you really want to be the team that skipped on him? I have seen it with TJWatt, Donald and others. The tape doesn't lie. He'll make the other players better and be a red zone nightmare.

If AB wants significant improvement next yr, the offense will need to carry us next year. Our 1st improvements need to be  OL and RB. With good coaching, that should be enough to see more than alittle improvement. Getting a complete young OL in sync will only be better for the future.

Well , you all know how much I love Pitts.. That's why I took him first in my mock.. But I've now jumped on the Lance Band wagon..  What is worth more.. A future star TE , or a future star QB ,, we'll have to choose from these two.. I really believe our FO even thinks this. I really do. It's just to obvious .....

6 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Kyle Pitts

FLA • TE • 84
HEIGHT6-6
WEIGHT242
AGE20 (10/6/00)

Scouting report 

Strengths 

• Route running 
  • Toughness, concentration at the catch point
  • Natural, sure hands
  • Elite-level body control in the air (think DeAndre Hopkins)
  • Excellent ability to high-point slightly off-target throws
  • Fluidity, natural athleticism
  • Loose hips allow him to get in and out of breaks like a WR
  • Creates separation vs. CBs in man coverage using creative releases

Concerns 

• Straight-line speed -- he's not a burner
  • He's a willing blocker, but he has a long way to go in his development as an in-line blocker

Advanced stats to know

• Best YPC (17.9) of all college TEs ever with 40+ receptions, per Rich Hribar of Sharp Football Analysis
  • 27.9% TD rate -- second-best among all college TEs ever (with 40+ receptions), per Hribar
  • 4.91 yards per route run vs. man coverage in 2020 -- third-best of any player, nearly 2 yards per route run more than any other TE, per PFF

I think we stay with Ryan for 1 possibly 2 years and I can’t think of a pick that would help him and the team more. It will allow Ryan to get the ball out quicker it takes the heat off of Jones and we are back with a match up nightmare

Julio Jones

Calvin Ridley

Hayden Hurst

Kyle Pitts

add Gage and with Arthur using multiple TE’s sets good luck.

I do compare this kid to Kelce  and Kittle and I think he can become the best TE in the NFL

The bad news is Philly is salivating for Pitts at 6 rumors are Ertz is on his way out and he’s 30. So unfortunately I don’t see a trade back and we would have to take him at 4. Kinda rich for a TE but imo he’s more of a hybrid and what he could do for this team he’s worth it

•  
  •  

I hope we trade down but if we stay at 4 and draft him I would be ok with that too. 

He’s less stout than Julio. 6’6 242 you’re not gonna get inline blocking out of that. He’s a WR

Julio maintaining his proportions would be ~250 at 6’6. I don’t see Pitts as the generational talent many others seem to, but I’m not 100% opposed to adding a WR with our first pick. If they think he’s the guy then go for it